Who's coming back in 2.4?

Bonsaikitten

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this include you yourself too?

Because, the issue has never been the individual "skill". Like I said, there's plenty of exceptional players and there's always been. The skillcap of this game is very low too, so again, "skill" metrics such as actions per minute (1.5 GDC lol no problem with this) holds no value in this game. It is very easy to be "exceptional" in this game, as in playing a spec/class to its full potential.

The problem is that the "skilled" players never make it to a single team, because this is an MMO. And as an MMO, comp matters a lot, so it's very, very hard to get good people together, with the right classes, especially whole 8 of them. But this is what happened in Warmonger.

I'm not saying I'm the best. I'm not even saying Warmonger is the best. I'm saying Warmonger was the best and unbeatable in my days there (notice the past tense), and that's backed up by actual evidence and history.

If you have a problem with this, it's not called Dunning–Kruger effect. It's called being delusional. Rejecting the reality, and substituting your own.

Edited by easeyway

Because, the issue has never been the individual "skill". Like I said, there's plenty of exceptional players and there's always been. The skillcap of this game is very low too, so again, "skill" metrics such as actions per minute (1.5 GDC lol no problem with this) holds no value in this game. It is very easy to be "exceptional" in this game, as in playing a spec/class to its full potential.

The problem is that the "skilled" players never make it to a single team, because this is an MMO. And as an MMO, comp matters a lot, so it's very, very hard to get good people together, with the right classes, especially whole 8 of them. But this is what happened in Warmonger.

I'm not saying I'm the best. I'm not even saying Warmonger is the best. I'm saying Warmonger was the best and unbeatable in my days there (notice the past tense), and that's backed up by actual evidence and history.

If you have a problem with this, it's not called Dunning–Kruger effect. It's called being delusional. Rejecting the reality, and substituting your own.

I've never claimed anything in this game because it is in fact a game and I play it for enjoyment. SWTOR =\= life, and if it did/does to you then fair enough - I'm not here to judge.

What I will say on the matter however is that like Gerikke I have been sought after by many top teams, even before ranked warzones were introduced (you will remember this yourself, Feta) and I have stayed in those guilds (extreme, fubar, drama, coral fyi) until they died - with the exception of Drama because:

1. I had got a job working nightshift, which meant I couldn't play all the days Drama wanted me to play;
  2. At the time of being in Drama the Marauder spot was contended by another when I could play;
  3. And because I wasn't playing with Drama as regularly as I had liked I had decided that after two of the original people I'd moved there with from FUBAR had decided to stop playing (you, Feta, and Xzarnyan) that I'd make my own move to another team who'd never really sought me out (hai Coral) and play for them, casually, when I could.

If being sought out by other teams is the same thing as the Dunning-Kruger effect then yes, it applies to me. :)

Calling me outright delusional is just bad play from you Feta, I would have expected more from you than that, considering our history (HEX DROID REPRESENT), however allow me to re-quote my original post:

Dunning-Kruger Effect

I think the above applies to most players on our server, even from the most established guilds ^^

Notice the highlighted segment in bold: the statement suggests present tense, and therefore you have failed in the interpretation of my original message - last I checked you did not play ^^ - and your entire reply, in fact your entire involvement in this thread, just shows how far this community has fallen when it has to resort as desperately as it has to the past and the need of acknowledgement from it even now when there is but a slither of the players left from those days.

Don't you have anything better to do? Like, I dunno, spacebot levelling and getting banned? :D Hehehoho, yes I went there. Fucĸ your delusions.

Edited by Daystarr

Calling me outright delusional

Highlight the part where I called YOU delusional.

This is problem with this community. They can't read in context, and they interpret everything to fit their own ******** agenda.

I don't have an agenda. I'm interested in the truth, the facts. And the truth is, your friend over there in Coral (Kevinorz) made some pretty hefty accusations against WM and claims about their gameplay against them, with absolutely 0 evidence for anything. You claimed to not take sides. Defending the side that has 0 evidence for their claims against someone who does have evidence, does not support neutrality.

I'm disappointed in you.

And yes, I do have better things to do. Like maybe still play the game someday after the trash that was 8v8 Ranked is gone. Yes, it was trash, get over it.

Edited by easeyway

Highlight the part where I called YOU delusional.

Here you go:

Please read it in context. "You" was being used an impersonal subject. Because, the only part where I was talking to you specifically, Aseko, was the question in the first paragraph.

Ok, let me put it in better words: "if ONE has a problem with this...".

Maybe this was a bad choosing of words on my part. I just really didn't realize that you'd interpret it like that. I was talking about pretty plain facts. No one can deny what WM was. Not without some real evidence.

Edited by easeyway

We could argue semantics all day, as far as I'm concerned your post was directed at me, although you didn't quote me, you directed the question at me and then went off on a spiel about blahblahblah justifying the question and any probable answer - so yes, the insult was directed at me.

So, you're not even willing to accept a rational explanation? Shouldn't I be the one to know to whom I direct my posts at?

What's wrong with you?

Because, it wasn't even an insult. I was stating a fact. Nobody, apart from that Voidstar cap, beat WM when I was playing there. They reached 3k, GW2 launched, and they quit. It's in the history, yes. But you can't deny what they were.

The best.

P.S: Won't respond anymore to you Aseko. Dropping the subject then. But that's really low and childish of you. Being butthurt about a misconception, and then insisting that I have a problem about a subject you insist on pursuing without evidence. Until you guys show me something, in my books, WM was and will always be the best guild there was in SWTOR 8v8 Ranked. And, I don't care nobody cares. I'm not an attention whore. I care. That's what matters to me.

Edited by easeyway

There are close to none exceptional players left in this game. There were 4-5 exceptional players in Warmongers, not more. You were not exceptional, KhajOdun was/is not exceptional, Skulm is not exceptional. You just had no real teams to fight against during that period of time. And when you would lose to Hostile, to Da*** or to any other guild you would just rage all together.

I don't think you're one to judge. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh dear fanboy, I dont know when I hurt your feelings this much, but I am so very sorry. I didnt realize the most amazing sentimental world would be so soft inside. Please, do forgive me, and dont be afraid to come crying more on my shoulder Dariann. There there, its gonna be ok..

Edited by Bonsaikitten

There are close to none exceptional players left in this game. There were 4-5 exceptional players in Warmongers, not more. You were not exceptional, KhajOdun was/is not exceptional, Skulm is not exceptional. You just had no real teams to fight against during that period of time. And when you would lose to Hostile, to Da*** or to any other guild you would just rage all together.

Holy ****, the arrogance in this one is past boiling point.

Dude how about you start calling targets, general control and actually use the utility your class has to it's potential before you start bashing other people?

Watched your stream on arena's and couldn't stand it for more than a few matches. What a pathetic mess.

Edited by Evolixe

Dude how about you start calling targets, general control and actually use the utility your class has to it's potential before you start bashing other people?

Watched your stream on arena's and couldn't stand it for more than a few matches. What a pathetic mess.

You are either blind/deaf or totally stupid. I dont think I have to sh*t on you another 10 times so that you shut the fck up for another month.

individually maybe skulm wasnt the very best, but theres more ways to be exceptional, which is why even if you think skulm was not an exceptional player he did exceptional things, imo.

Oh dear fanboy, I dont know when I hurt your feelings this much, but I am so very sorry. I didnt realize the most amazing sentimental world would be so soft inside. Please, do forgive me, and dont be afraid to come crying more on my shoulder Dariann. There there, its gonna be ok..

You didn't. Check your carer privilege ^.^

just saying you problably aren't on the level to judge my skill :(

I lol'd :D

How dare YOU, Exilove, with all your "reputation" and level of your gameplay, say something to Roudy?

Especially about "calling targets, general control and actually use the utility your class has to it's potential"? After all stuff and level of performance that community is watching during the last 6 months from Roudy and from you? After you were bragging and giving yourself an unreasonable credit over Roudy, then you lost 10-2; so now you've got a short memory again?

So i guess it's unrealistic easy to being hero on the forums, but really different into the game, isn't?

So basically all you do- is acting as a little hero on the forums, giving a toons of "advices" in PVP section, but show literally nothing ingame, while Roudy is silently playing day by day and earning his reputation and pride not in virtual forums illusions, but in game, beating every single asassin/shadow under any circumstances for a year. Prooving over and over again that for a really long time now he has been and proolly always will be still best asassin EU, and most likely world.

Pathetic, seriously.

Ah yea, you joined Coral, so now you can use their reputation and ppl to cover and defend you, gratz.

but i don't think im the kind of gossiper you think I am. hah.

Nice one. I was the best, & I am the best.

Can't believe, even after that statement, Dariann does it again!

Can I ask you, how can you claim yourself "the best"(apparently it's type of Exilove's "the best" though), if you haven't sign for none of 1v1 events, haven't show anything in 8v8 rated games for 9 months and PTS arenas? Oh wait, mb cuz you even haven't played, or were avoiding(diesn't really matter) all of these types of pvp content?

And you are still the best, am I right? =)

I can understand, for example, reading that stuff from Skyrush, or Jojel, or Zaer. But from you... lol.

p.s. It was the ritoric question btw, don't be bother to reply, Exilove and Corvineus anyway will defend you like a blind puppets.

Seriously i like Coral, and really respect that team. I used to play and communicate with great ppl like Dhaima, Manno, Jojel, Aseko, Kevin and others.

But Coral with Exilove, Dariann and Corvineus- it's something different. Perhaps, Coral #2.

Edited by fauver