Who's coming back in 2.4?

Bonsaikitten

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, we need some colourful Snave insults here! Shame he left, though

You can't just come here and proclaim to be the King, because the teams have changed. I think Coral, MVPs, DRAMA and Harbinger would give you a run for your money, if not beat you.

So feel free to come back, but if you think you're the high Kings of PvP after you've been gone for so long, you're wrong.

But it might be too late, as almost all teams have quit...

http://postimg.org/image/5z9vtvgwx/full/ , there you go.

Jak had a few screenies aswell, shame he left the game :(. Was great player.

I don't see Easyway there m8.

Alrighty, we need some colourful Snave insults here! Shame he left, though

You can't just come here and proclaim to be the King, because the teams have changed. I think Coral, MVPs, DRAMA and Harbinger would give you a run for your money, if not beat you.

So feel free to come back, but if you think you're the high Kings of PvP after you've been gone for so long, you're wrong.

But it might be too late, as almost all teams have quit...

Yeah I've played in FUBAR in it's haydays. ACE too. Then DRAMA. Beat some Impulse *** in Harbinger too. MVPs asked me to do some too, but I was too busy back then.

Basically any top team there was, I was in it.

Later, however, I was quite impressed by the progress IRS and Coral made. Then again my m8 Aseko joined them...

Edited by easeyway

Feta, trolling is not your strong side, you better go sleep :)

And actually it might be not Feta, cuz he is always pretty much silent and not enough nive to go for all these "Warmonger stories" and especially express his thoughts like that :D

Edited by fauver

Feta, trolling is not your strong side, you better go sleep :)

And actually it might be not Feta, cuz he is always pretty much silent and not enough nive to go for all these "Warmonger stories" and especially express his thoughts like that :D

Yummy, SWToR history lessons are NOT what we need, kay? :p

That must have been some fanclub you had there. Did you share some of your extensive 'how to exploit RWZ against teams we do not like' knowledge? Wasn't there a thread on the forums where Skulm and Android spilled the beans how you played dirty? Yes there was so all your high rating means squat after you were caught gaining an unfair advantage. Furthermore, you must have drunk the Gerrike cool-aid, because you were so cocky that you even admitted it on the forums. The hypocrisy in that thread before it got deleted made me throw up a little. A few posts from Android where he shoves his WoW rating in our faces saying that just because he participated in the whole scheme to gain an unfair advantage we should not ignore his uber rating in WoW.

Furthermore, Skulm, your epic leader changed his mind like Paris Hilton. In one reply he says he cannot stand people who try to gain an unfair advantage and in another he admits publicly he does it against guilds Warmongers deemed inferior. So having said that, please take your screenshots, print them and send them to me. I need some bog paper, truly I ran out. Tell me more how awesome you were and by the way my guild was amongst the few who beat you in Voidstar and Huttbal. Alderaan was your strong suit but you had the predictable Android+Wichita+Upzie go to grass tactic which towards the end was easily countered by my guild. Your team was so bad in the beginning it wasn't even funny. I remember a huttball where Valkyrie was camping at the acid pool and 3 were around him to make sure he lives, while we were scoring 6-3 from 3-0 to you.

In any case, when Android and Witchita made a rather suspicious cap on voidstar with 3 people guarding the door and not seeing anything, that was the tipping point where my guild realized that you were dirty. The thread on the forums confirmed it and please shove your rating and wins more in our faces. FYI, our wins were without exploits and yours were suspicious.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

and that was the most interesting and intense games i've ever played

shootout to harbinger, white noise, fubar

I dont think so, lets remember how many days we were playing against each other all night :]

Edited by zhradik

Alarm! Gyrekke told me you were average players with a good setup, true?

They had a good setup with a couple of good/great players. But more importantly they were one of the few teams that had, and used, any sort of thought out strategy for the different maps. And lets remember one important thing: when they were playing half the server took part in rwz, forming pug groups 24/7 in general chat. The road towards a 3k rating isn't that long when you can steamroll pugs to get there.

Warmonger was good because they didn't carry dead weight. You were slipping, you were out, although from the previous screenshots you can clearly see Raydra somewhat lagging behind Feta and Imperialtrooper in every way. Since those days guilds cannot afford this as there's not enough exceptional players to choose from anymore.

Depends on your definition. And if Imperialtrooper is an example of exeptional, then exeptional is in fact average and there's plenty of average going around on the server. And Jhina/Crousti was good, but exeptional? Warmongos were a good team, but their reputation far exceeds the reality.

Good old Impetus. There were a lot of rage wars on forums but those were still fun times ^^

You need to bring Impetus back!

The road towards a 3k rating isn't that long when you can steamroll pugs to get there.

Then why didn't you get there?

There were a lot of guilds and premades back then (Extreme, Da***, Impetus, ACE, Coral, Harbinger, MVPs, etc were all there.)

That also means there was actually competition. It saddens me that you think you are so good these days, having played against the same 2-3 teams over and over again for a year.

Progress requires diversity, and you haven't had that for a long time (see what I did there?).

Depends on your definition. And if Imperialtrooper is an example of exeptional, then exeptional is in fact average and there's plenty of average going around on the server. And Jhina/Crousti was good, but exeptional? Warmongos were a good team, but their reputation far exceeds the reality.

Why don't you define exceptional then. My definition is to play the class/spec to its full potential. We had a lot of that going on in Warmonger.

Blah blah blah...

...Blah blah blah...

...Blah...

FYI, our wins were without exploits and yours were suspicious.

The only repeatable and real exploit I know/knew was how to get out of the voidstar attacker starting area using guardian leap (fixed now, so it's ok). Sometimes the game spawned a guy outside, and people mixed this bug with the exploit. I learned about this exploit far after my Warmonger career.

We never used it. We also didn't use Field Respec, nor "macros"...

I can't speak on behalf of others, but there was never a word of exploiting in TS when we played. If they did something, they did it without others in the team even knowing about it.

See, when I joined I was actually curious about this myself. But, it turned out they were just good, better than others. It's that simple, really. Using tactics and teamplay that other teams adopted months they were gone. Way ahead of others. You can say that people weren't as good back then, but that just means others were slow learners, and they were pioneers.

My gameplay certainly hasn't revolutionized since then, so hey, maybe you're all better than us now. Maybe arenas will be fun after all.

But, unlike the bitter part of this community, I actually played in Warmonger, then FUBAR, ACE, DRAMA, Harbinger etc.

So, I can tell from experience, and from the bottom of my heart: Warmonger truly was an exceptional group of players. Other guilds had a lot of exceptional players too. But they were scattered, and they always seemed to have someone pulling them down. This sums it up pretty well. Look at the third guy on the top. Poor him...

So, 8v8 season 1 never came, and now the final curtain is closing.

This is my testament and my ultimatum to a truly great team.

Thank you for the games we played, and for the fun we had. This goes to all the teams that played, from patch 1.3 to 2.4.

Thank you.

Edited by easeyway

You need to bring Impetus back!

Don't think it will happen. Half of the team were playing GW2 and others turned back to wow, i didn't played any mmo for 8-10 months so don't know what they are doing atm.

Setup still matters too much imo but it also makes it challenging ^^

Warmongers could definitely make it clean and neat but dunno why they didn't chose to do that which could shut up everybody saying "If they are soo good why did they exploit or used bugs etc..."

Only thing i am sure about 4v4 is the skills will be more important than it is on 8v8. Hope setup doesn't matter that much like it was on 8v8.

I think the first 3 months of RWZ in SWTOR on TOFN where very exciting, more then they have ever been....

I used to PuG que with two other Game Friends Niighty and Assyria, and we used to have fun and also win.

Our looses happened always versus Warmonger, Da FaQ, Impluse, and Impetus, and we meet Harbinger once although and the time they where already 1 month into playing RWZ. After that I had the honour to play with Harbinger for a couple of nights, but I did not understand what they where saying, if they said anything but Fluffy was singing as we won all games those night. Think we lost one versus Da Faq....

We never meet Coral, and actually I played against them in a totally unknown PuG back in September, which with the following month was a very low month.

Our top win was versus Impetus some time in end July.

Its definitely a fact that Warmonger was the Guild to beat in the first three months of SWTOR on TOFN, as Fubar was in the following Autumn season.

Did Warmonger cheat, I don't know and when I played against them they where superior to us to give excuses of this nature. If they cheated versus a PuG or weaker teams they definitely have a brain problems, and even if they did versus other top teams those not this take away something from you.

I think the top guilds on our server was in this order;

Summer 2012 = Warmonger

Autumn 2012 = Fubar

Winter 2013 = MVPs

Spring 2013 = IRS

Summer 2013 = Nostrum Dalus

Worth mentioning for Consistency and winning every top teams when Alcohol was under control; Harbinger. :D

P.S: I lost one game in my entire Warmonger career to a Voidstar ninja cap. Feel free to post it. There's 8 guys that can claim to have beaten me in my glory days.

Maybe you were not playing that day, but we won a voidstar vs warmongers without anyone capping. Forcebook guild, overall we were around 1:30 vs you guys ;-)

No competition reminds me of this, this, and this all day every day.

Now, who's that non-factor on the bottom of that list, eh?

You're right about one think, though. All the hard core pvp players have left. They were called Warmonger.

http://imgur.com/jCvVdC1

http://imgur.com/cCxecFe

sry thought u came with fubar

yes warmongers had LOTS of competetion...

oh wait! not...

Edited by elitegerike

No competition reminds me of this, this, and this all day every day.

Now, who's that non-factor on the bottom of that list, eh?

You're right about one think, though. All the hard core pvp players have left. They were called Warmonger.

i didn't leave yet.. or im here right now atleast.

that said i don't know why you're here trying to troll the forums when it's obvious to anybody that hardcore pvp was never possible in this game and the closest you could come was in the first months of ranked warzones.

i guess it's just a nostalgia trip =)

Edited by Gorgzen

That must have been some fanclub you had there. Did you share some of your extensive 'how to exploit RWZ against teams we do not like' knowledge? Wasn't there a thread on the forums where Skulm and Android spilled the beans how you played dirty? Yes there was so all your high rating means squat after you were caught gaining an unfair advantage. Furthermore, you must have drunk the Gerrike cool-aid, because you were so cocky that you even admitted it on the forums. The hypocrisy in that thread before it got deleted made me throw up a little. A few posts from Android where he shoves his WoW rating in our faces saying that just because he participated in the whole scheme to gain an unfair advantage we should not ignore his uber rating in WoW.

Furthermore, Skulm, your epic leader changed his mind like Paris Hilton. In one reply he says he cannot stand people who try to gain an unfair advantage and in another he admits publicly he does it against guilds Warmongers deemed inferior. So having said that, please take your screenshots, print them and send them to me. I need some bog paper, truly I ran out. Tell me more how awesome you were and by the way my guild was amongst the few who beat you in Voidstar and Huttbal. Alderaan was your strong suit but you had the predictable Android+Wichita+Upzie go to grass tactic which towards the end was easily countered by my guild. Your team was so bad in the beginning it wasn't even funny. I remember a huttball where Valkyrie was camping at the acid pool and 3 were around him to make sure he lives, while we were scoring 6-3 from 3-0 to you.

In any case, when Android and Witchita made a rather suspicious cap on voidstar with 3 people guarding the door and not seeing anything, that was the tipping point where my guild realized that you were dirty. The thread on the forums confirmed it and please shove your rating and wins more in our faces. FYI, our wins were without exploits and yours were suspicious.

You're not talking bout the voidstar game where I spawned inside voidstar before the game started and doors spawned, capped from inside, and you ragequit the warzone? :D it was against some reps.

besides that bug i dont think ive ever heard any talk of exploit in warmongers o.o

edit: admittedly, Skulm wanted to do it for luls, and upzie got mad because he doesn't want to do dumb ****, but why are you still on about this crap? :S

Edited by Gorgzen

Its definitely a fact that Warmonger was the Guild to beat in the first three months of SWTOR on TOFN,

True. But lets give some credit to Green Fire as well. They had a strong team, and they had this one exeptional scoundrel DPS, Bodr. Haven't seen DF/Lethality played with such success since.

Don't think it will happen.

With you and Buttran back, Drygt & Adam ready and waiting for 4v4, maekor playing on and off together with the dutch. All you really need is Fade, that guy I miss, and possibly Razor. Even old GM Serrapphine is back :cool:

I don't see Easyway there m8.

Yeah I've played in FUBAR in it's haydays. ACE too. Then DRAMA. Beat some Impulse *** in Harbinger too. MVPs asked me to do some too, but I was too busy back then.

Later, however, I was quite impressed by the progress IRS and Coral made. Then again my m8 Aseko joined them...

feta feta feta...

on those screenshoots what u've linked when u beat us i see names like: vintari (**** tank) torn (**** OP healer) hellrobe(**** pt) basically most of them are **** players

so basically you beat a **** team with my name in it.... congratz!

Warmongers were the only competetive pvp team back in those days, and thats why you were winning...

when warmongos left and gave the space for the other guilds/teams to improve, they became as competetive as warmongos, its just a shame that they've left too early

I've been playing rwz since day 1, leading teams from the bottom to the top, i 've played with all the guilds from the server and i was asked to join in most of them (exept coral)

and whenever a top team tryd to poach me i've always answered: I dont want to join to a team wich is already on the top and winning everything what is the fun of that? i'd rather make my own team and trying to be on the top with them

when our first ACE rwz team with my leading beat fubar several times, you should have heard our TS.... when a team with avarage players against a team with the top players..... the motivation those ACE ppl had, and the effort they have put in it just to be on the top.....

it was more fun then winning 400 matches in a row against nonfactors :)

just as you said, you were only playing in top teams.

I dont think you have ever felt that, so you cant compare.

but cant wait the first weeks of 2.4 so we can see all these old and new "legends" i hope somebody from EU will FINALY bring us some competetion.

because all the TOFN teams (execpt bru, trsk, natx rommer team and zear, rommer, vengeant, faiaar team) were a big big dissapointment 4v4 wise.

Edited by elitegerike

feta feta feta...

on those screenshoots what u've linked when u beat us i see names like: vintari (**** tank) torn (**** OP healer) hellrobe(**** pt) basically most of them are **** players

so basically you beat a **** team with my name in it.... congratz!

Warmongers were the only competetive pvp team back in those days, and thats why you were winning...

when warmongos left and gave the space for the other guilds/teams to improve, they became as competetive as warmongos, its just a shame that they've left too early

I've been playing rwz since day 1, leading teams from the bottom to the top, i 've played with all the guilds from the server and i was asked to join in most of them (exept coral)

and whenever a top team tryd to poach me i've always answered: I dont want to join to a team wich is already on the top and winning everything what is the fun of that? i'd rather make my own team and trying to be on the top with them

when our first ACE rwz team with my leading beat fubar several times, you should have heard our TS.... when a team with avarage players against a team with the top players..... the motivation those ACE ppl had, and the effort they have put in it just to be on the top.....

it was more fun then winning 400 matches in a row against nonfactors :)

just as you said, you were only playing in top teams.

I dont think you have ever felt that, so you cant compare.

but cant wait the first weeks of 2.4 so we can see all these old and new "legends" i hope somebody from EU will FINALY bring us some competetion.

because all the TOFN teams (execpt bru, trsk, natx rommer team and zear, rommer, vengeant, faiaar team) were a big big dissapointment 4v4 wise.

Seriously, couldn't have said it any better.

Signing for every word.

Feta, I cant really believe that you're taking all dat "Warmonger vs b-teams" stuff such seriously. Every good player should see a simple difference(coming from his experience) between server domination with 4-5 other very-very good teams with very competetive players who are literally "breathe in your back", and colorful, very intense road to 400 wins against unmotivated, unorganized, with just 1 top team(back then) server community.

It's a really complicated question, but still, what would happend to Warmongers, if they would stay for 3-4 months more, when a teams like FUBAR, ACE, MVPs, Harbinger, White Noise, Coral were growing up and improving till their at least winter-condition, when first time since the release that server had a truly competent community, with 5-6 top, very close to each other teams?

Who knows. We dont know, Warmongers didn't gave us an opportunity to take a look on them from January to August 2013.

Also, we can see their VOD's and compilations, so we can pretty much clearly admit that the level of gameplay, individual players skill wise and team collaboration, which has been considered as "exeptional" in Warmonger time, later, during the winter-spring has became to just an average in every from 5-6 top ToFN RWZ guilds.

Doing an exeptional thing during the summer-autumn 2012 = doing nothin really special during winter-spring 2013 (IMHO).

Everything has improved: Healing from healers; The way healers kite and supporting the team; Speed of guard switching and overall tanking role, Dps collaboration,- in damage wise; in hard-switches; in mezzes and stuns to make tank a fool and finish target w/o guard; and a lot of other things.

We can see a lot of examples that "top level" in Warmonger time and later wasn't the same, Warmongers could score on Huttball with the "upper-road" way(through the fire-pits, when they would be pulled, knocked down, killed by the present teams with the present level of huttball gameplay; Warmongers could pick the ball on mid straight away, w/o really much carrying about diversion to sniper, tracking and ccing asassin and mezzing or pushing tank in order to not give him an unstoppable; Sculm could play on his videos with extremely low ops-frames, holding guard just on Croustibat, without really intense guard switching and supporting the team, he was thinking mostly about off-dpsing on tank in mixed gear(LOL), etc etc etc.

Why all of that? Cuz there were no teams that would even in first game show to Warmongers their mistakes and space for the improving in the future.

And Warmongers left before those kind of teams were born. Ofc, we cant know for sure, but I think they would have something like 50% to be the same among other winter-spring-summer 5-6 ToFN RWZ teams, and something like 50% for being really crushed or/and for example lost their key players due to dramas (because of loosing).

And I'm absolutely agree on G's statement -

From the top, there is just one way- down.

p.s. I'm looking forward to see a lot of competition on arenas after 1st October.

Edited by fauver

So, you want to hide YOUR incompetence behind bad players in YOUR team?

Ok.

Let's compare.

Here You are.

Please explain why you were on the bottom of that list. Why you seemed to fail at everything it seems. You all died pretty much the same amount, so it's not that. You just didn't do a lot of damage it seems. Two months not enough to learn 5 button rotation? Last I checked, Marauders were quite strong in those days (shocking, right?). You had the wrong spec? Well, you should've known better then. Could it just be that you were beaten simply by better players than you?

Here's Feta in a similar situation, except...

He did 200% the DMG of their "**** PT", 125% the protection of their "**** tank", with a "**** OP healer" that did less than 50% of the enemy OP healer's healing, and also the sniper on Feta's team seemed to be sleeping the entire match (140k damage compared to Feta 660k). He also had some deaths, so it's not like he was the only one doing something 24/7.

Still, Feta's team nearly won, and he was strong throughout the game.

So please, don't hide your own incompetence behind the team you played with. We've all been in both strong and weak teams. But exceptional players are still exceptional. You're not the exceptional player you think. Or, at least you weren't.

I agree, there were no competition. But it wasn't like you were the shining beacon of hope, who just happened to hang out in bad company. You actually just weren't that good.

/endrant.

@Yummy:

It's a really complicated question, but still, what would happend to Warmongers, if they would stay for 3-4 months more, when a teams like FUBAR, ACE, MVPs, Harbinger, White Noise, Coral were growing up and improving till their at least winter-condition, when first time since the release that server had a truly competent community, with 5-6 top, very close to each other teams?

I already addressed this. This would just mean Warmongers were pioneers, and others slow learners. I don't think so. Warmongers were Hardcore with a mission. And they took winning seriously. Slackers went out the door immediately. No dead weight. When was the last time you kicked someone because they didn't show up in rankeds? Nevertheless, Warmonger wins. Either simply better, or faster learners. Take your pick, Yummy.

Take it and weep...

...I know, the truth hurts.

Edited by easeyway

What the **** is going on here?

I don't show on theise forums for 6 weeks and this happens.. holy crap.

Sup easy, what have you been up to? Getting back in the game?

And to Bonsai, the OP, I'm sticking around to see whats happening in 2.4. I'm not expecting anything big, but we'll see.

Edited by Evolixe