Who's coming back in 2.4?

Bonsaikitten

just as you said, there will be no competetion for teams like us, and it is NOT because we are gods or smth, it is because this game literally has not got hardcore pvpers (anymore).

it is going to be another casual **** :(

we have faced all the big guilds from here couple of times, with different kind of setups as well.

and no there will be no competetion here

and just as i said: IT IS NOT because we are GODLIKE, awsome, terrific, beautiful

No competition reminds me of this, this, and this all day every day.

Now, who's that non-factor on the bottom of that list, eh?

You're right about one thing, though. All the hard core pvp players have left. They were called Warmonger.

Edited by easeyway

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jhina seems happy with GW2 and his videos are still fun to watch :)

I remember the 4v4 tournament, which was fun, but still don't see any proper reason for "hardcore" pvpers to come back.

Good old Impetus. There were a lot of rage wars on forums but those were still fun times ^^

Warmonger were very good no doubt.

Looking at the screenshots you gotta wonder why MvP's played without a tank? That would be a massacre agianst any of the later ToFN PvP guilds aswell.

The other teams had players, who looking at their stats clearly are playing below the rest of their team mates ability.

In my humble opinion Warmongers left the game before the good players from a number og different guilds decided to join forces rather than being dragged down, and of course destroyed by what was at the time by far the best setup.

Not Warmongers fault of course, and I dueled enough of these guys to know they are exceptional players, but they were not unbeateble.

Would be nice if they took a peak back for arena's to test themself agian. Then they can leave after the first undefeated week ;) ?

Oh and HEY EASYWAY WERE ARE YOUUUU! I miss our duels! <3

Edited by ZipZep

Warmonger were very good no doubt.

Looking at the screenshots you gotta wonder why MvP's played without a tank? That would be a massacre agianst any of the later ToFN PvP guilds aswell.

The other teams had players, who looking at their stats clearly are playing below the rest of their team mates ability.

In my humble opinion Warmongers left the game before the good players from a number og different guilds decided to join forces rather than being dragged down, and of course destroyed by what was at the time by far the best setup.

Not Warmongers fault of course, and I dueled enough of these guys to know they are exceptional players, but they were not unbeateble.

Would be nice if they took a peak back for arena's to test themself agian. Then they can leave after the first undefeated week ;) ?

Oh and HEY EASYWAY WERE ARE YOUUUU! I miss our duels! <3

Calm your titz whasp, that aint easyway

Edited by Rommoes

Warmonger quit because of GW2 and having achieved 3k rating. And, to this day the ranked warzones are unchanged from those days, except for one new warzone. So, I guess it was the right call, don't you think?

@Whasp: Yes. After 3k rating, there was not much to drive the players forward. The game was getting boring (Winning 400 warzones in a row gets tiresome), and GW2 looked promising. Make it what you like.

Also, I'd be glad if there were new exceptional PvPers to play with, that doesn't know Warmonger. They don't have anything to be ashamed of. But all the players who did play at that time, I can't but feel the bitterness in the air.

Alarm! Gyrekke told me you were average players with a good setup, true?

You and everybody else who never beat Warmonger can pretend you were just beaten by "a good setup". Doesn't change the fact that you never beat them.

What was this "good setup" then? Does Gerikke know? Stacking PTs? Here's a game I like to call the "Avenged Sevenfold". 7v8 vs. Coral. 1 Powertech DPS. 6-3.

Warmonger was good because they didn't carry dead weight. You were slipping, you were out, although from the previous screenshots you can clearly see Raydra somewhat lagging behind Feta and Imperialtrooper in every way. Since those days guilds cannot afford this as there's not enough exceptional players to choose from anymore.

I'll always honor Skulm's leadership, and the titanic trio that was Croustibat/Upzie/Spoq. Imperialtrooper and Feta killed the rest.

P.S: I lost one game in my entire Warmonger career to a Voidstar ninja cap. Feel free to post it. There's 8 guys that can claim to have beaten me in my glory days.

Edited by easeyway

What is so special about 3k rating? Is that somekind of special landmark, where when you reach it you have proven that you are the best of the best for all time? In that case, I would say Fluffy has the honors, leading Harbinger to 3k rating at a time where alot more, and better teams where queing.

I dont really care if they made a good decision, I havent played GW2, if its a better PvP game than SWTOR then I salute their choice!

Edited by ZipZep

Warmonger quit because of GW2 and having achieved 3k rating. And, to this day the ranked warzones are unchanged from those days, except for one new warzone. So, I guess it was the right call, don't you think?

What is so special about 3k rating? Is that somekind of special landmark, where when you reach it you have proven that you are the best of the best for all time? :)

if you win all games, probably its hard to find any other motivation

Edited by zhradik

There is always someone winning all the games, and its a fair choice to leave a game because of it. People dont get paid to win in this game after all.

Its also a fair point that this game currently has very few good PvP players left, partially thx to bioware for never actually supporting rated.

But I remember the quality of the teams queing rated back then, and it was abolutely ****, mostly because it was new, and even the PvE guilds queued for it. With that in mind I was just trying to suggest they should at stayed a little longer ;)

Edited by ZipZep

There is always someone winning all the games, and its a fair choice to leave a game because of it. People dont get paid to win in this game after all.

Its also a fair point that this game currently has very few good PvP players left, partially thx to bioware for never actually supporting rated.

But I remember the quality of the teams queing rated back then, and it was abolutely ****, mostly because it was new, and even the PvE guilds queued for it. With that in mind I was just trying to suggest they should at stayed a little longer ;)

I remember last september/october - 2-3 teams q'd at regular basis . sometimes it took ages to get pop

I remember last september/october - 2-3 teams q'd at regular basis . sometimes it took ages to get pop

Yes, its true that we have had worse and better month for rated for sure. Problem with competative PvP'ers seems to be that if they win to much, they quit, and if they loose to much they also quit! ;)

I should'nt have said that "more teams queued", thats not true of course, was part of the reason it was so easy getting wins just when rated launched. Everybody was queing...

To make a better exampe, take me fx. I also got invited into Warmonger/Impetus PuG group being led by Skulm a few times, and at that time, i was a fraction of the sniper I am today. Same went for alot of players, competition got way way harder later on.

Agian, I completely understand that winning 400 games in a row isnt that fun though, was just trying to goat people into coming back, im sorry ;)

What is so special about 3k rating? Is that somekind of special landmark, where when you reach it you have proven that you are the best of the best for all time? In that case, I would say Fluffy has the honors, leading Harbinger to 3k rating at a time where alot more, and better teams where queing.

I dont really care if they made a good decision, I havent played GW2, if its a better PvP game than SWTOR then I salute their choice!

Suomalainen mainittu. Torilla tavataan

You and everybody else who never beat Warmonger can pretend you were just beaten by "a good setup". Doesn't change the fact that you never beat them.

Oh maybe you misunderstood something there. I said Gerekky, not me. Wasn't on the server during your shiny days. But I had the pleasure of meeting those of you that stayed in SWTOR, and many of you were definately "hard core" as you say. Maybe not the very best individual players, but I imagine your team would do quite good even today. Also I heard Skulm was a good leader, which is kinda important to have. Hope you guys come back for 2.4, would be nice to see if you could beat the best players atm.

Yup thats definitely not the easyway i know lol.

Ninja cap ftw!

I still think 4v4 will also end up like 8v8 after at most 3 weeks.

Maybe someone would arrange a 4v4 tournament to see what things will be like, which was very good when Skulm and i think the GM of Sphinx organized one.

Well, there is a reason Fluffy's rank in Harbinger is King Fluffy... :D

Not sure if real Easyway or not, but those good old days when our PT named Jakster would go to the eastern node and kill him in 1v1 scenario...I really miss those ol' days.

Remember that Novare Coast when I played with <Hostile> and we won <Warmonger> with like 2% left. It's a shame you left shortly after though.