Keybinds vs clicking

cub-lover

/boggle @ this thread

Just a few things i wanted to add for general amusement:

1- people saying about back-peddling from mobs rather than turning.. clearly have no idea how defensive arcs work. clearly "pro"

1 - I tried once to explain that in some games (in my exemple at that time, Warhammer) mouse turning and just running away, although it's fast, was just bad... I've been laughed at.

I dunno if you have played Warhammer Online, but with parry/dodge/blocking working only from the front 180°, melee DPS having +15% damage when "flanking" (the non-front 270°), some of them having positional move and sometimes depending on the class, allowing them to bypass armor from 50% or 100% when in the right position... I guess you get how much in this game, turning your back to run was asking to get owned.

Only straffing or back-peddling was the right thing. And most of the time, if there were multiple ennemies, straffing was the "not-to-do" thing.

Edited by Altheran

More than slightly. If you keyboard turn and click I don't think it's really in question that using keybinds is a much more effective way to play MMO's. Yeah you can get away with clicking if you're facing terribads but if you take someone with equal skill/gear/class/spec one being a clicker, one using keybinds the person with keybinds will simply be in a much better state. You just cant keep up with certain aspects of the game like monitoring buffs/debuffs/procs and everything else going on the screen.

I don't think people realize just how good some people are at clicking and strafing. Yes they are handicapping themselves but again, people that are great at something overcome handicaps. The general consensus best sentinel on our server posted a video one time and people were shocked to find out he was a clicker. Some people are good enough that you can't tell.

I used to be a clicker then changed to a binder. I won't deny that I became more efficient, but the difference wasn't nearly as dramatic as everybody makes it out to be.

I don't think people realize just how good some people are at clicking and strafing. Yes they are handicapping themselves but again, people that are great at something overcome handicaps. The general consensus best sentinel on our server posted a video one time and people were shocked to find out he was a clicker. Some people are good enough that you can't tell.

I used to be a clicker then changed to a binder. I won't deny that I became more efficient, but the difference wasn't nearly as dramatic as everybody makes it out to be.

I couldn't care if you're good at clicking. You could be the best player ever and click. All I'm saying in which you cannot deny is that keybinding is more efficient and better than clicking. Using keybinds wont make you a great player but it's a step in the right direction.