The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

100% off day on the cartel market

saiyanjedidmv

It would go like this. First, everyone would buy hypercrates of available packs. If they are basically free, you could get as many as you wanted, simply throw away any items that you don't want or don't sell. Prices of rare items would plummet on the GTN and everyone could just get armour sets they want from collections for future characters, which would of course be bad for business on Bioware's behalf.

Nothing good can come from it. The Cartel Market sustains the game. It wouldn't be here today in the form it is if not for the market. Better support keeping it around if you want the game around.

100% Free Cartel Market Day.

Step one, claim as many account wide cargo holds as you can.

Step two, claim as many character slots as you can.

Step three, claim as many Inventory slots as you can.

Step four, HYPERCRATES HYPERCRATES HYPERCRATES!

Open them up, toss or vendor the crap, max up your rep, claim more HYPERCRATES!

What could work is maybe if they gave out a coupon code to claim one free sample of their choice a month.

100% Free Cartel Market Day.

Step one, claim as many account wide cargo holds as you can.

Step two, claim as many character slots as you can.

Step three, claim as many Inventory slots as you can.

Step four, HYPERCRATES HYPERCRATES HYPERCRATES!

Open them up, toss or vendor the crap, max up your rep, claim more HYPERCRATES!

What could work is maybe if they gave out a coupon code to claim one free sample of their choice a month.

Your plan has at least one major flaw. you can't sell anything, not even the hypercrate within the free day, so you cannot restock while it lasts, but otherwise should be all that space filled with hypercrates not be worth quite something... but then of corse everyone else would have done the same, and you will end up that even the super rares go on the GTN for just a few credits.

so sorry if this is in the wrong section and if it is a horrible Idea but how about 1 day where everything on the cartel market is 100% off? why? because I thought it would be a fun idea to at least mention.

So, after I've picked up (for free) any and all possible cargo hold unlocks for each of the 13 characters on my chosen server. Formed a brand new guild, and maxed the cargo holds on the guild bank.

Then, once I've created as many F2P account as the 24hrs allows, and created as many characters as a F2P account allows. Then picked up all the cargo bays available to them as well.

Then, once I've filled all of the available storage slots I've listed above with a Hypercrate of whatever packs are currently available, I think there is a very good chance I'd never have to spend another penny in the market.

I think what could work is a /roll giveaway.

That is, 1 of each item, hypercrates excepted, would be given away per server.

Players would have 1 roll per preferred+ (2 per subbed?) account and be able to pick 1 or 2 items they want.

Each would be randomly rolled between players that clicked on it.

Good way to goad players into browsing the inventory without diluting its value.

Nice psychology too: If you click on something everyone wants, you stand but a tiny chance, if you're the sole roller, you get it automatically.

Subs should get a discount thats a no brainer, but letting us have collections is awesome I just wish I could do it across my account not just individual servers, but legacy was a great idea and still is, would like to continue to see character equity like customizations and truly maybe something to help the mesh work on the mid section and top of legs of male and female characters ESPECIALLY when bending its pretty poor and distracts from the rest the eye candy of the environment and art work, but other then that, 100% off no I don't even agree to that, then the game would suck everybody would spam it that day and then get mad when they couldnt buy everything int he time aloted or some crazy thing and the devs couldnt afford to keep working if you let everybody already ehre not have to use the market at all because they ahd everythign already, but sub discounts absolutely - genuis idea 25-50% off would be fair I think, would get more subs for sure and I might spend more if I got more for my buck since i do keep my sub active always, beta and on preeorder etc, it kind a feels cheap and extrortive to make me pay the same as f2p players on the cartel market, coin grants per month are slightly ok but more then that i would spend more if i got more as i said since i already pay monthly always and more would gravitate to subbing as others have said

Subs should get a discount thats a no brainer, but letting us have collections is awesome I just wish I could do it across my account not just individual servers,

I agree, on The Secret World for example subs have a 20% discount in the store.

Also, Collections ARE account wide, not just individual servers - give it a try some time. :)

Subs already get 500 free CC a month, there is your "discount". Oh you want MORE on top of that...how about 1000 free CC instead of the 500. Not enough, how about 1500CC at which point it covers the cost of the subscription. Maybe give you 1500CC AND a 25% discount.

Oh that was a good laugh, thanks for that OP.

I want to know what happened to the 50% for the subscribers. We were supposed to get half off the 1st purchase and the rest the rest was supposed to be at the regular price. If you could please advice me o this I would greatly appreciate it/ Thanks very much.

Kitesh - Jedi Covonent

55 - level

I want to know what happened to the 50% for the subscribers. We were supposed to get half off the 1st purchase and the rest the rest was supposed to be at the regular price. If you could please advice me o this I would greatly appreciate it/ Thanks very much.

Kitesh - Jedi Covonent

55 - level

It was supposed to be implemented with the ingame purchase of CM coins in the last patch, however, due to various reasons they deactivated it and decided to delay the implementation. I would suggest checking the dev tracker and such for more specific information.

It could be interesting sub appreciation if played well - with restrictions of course, storing hyper crates may seems fun but will never happen.

But how it is different than previous one with free CC - that has been taken not so well (more because of hype ads)?