To all the people buying dozens of cartel paks to get Varactyl...

CaptRavenous

I don't mind pumping money into this game. I pay my sub, and whenever a new pack comes out, I buy a hypercrate or two (and random 2-3 pack buys later on). Yesterday, I bought two hypercrates, and more cartel coins to unlock additional cargo bays (to store crap until the bind wears off), but I won't be doing it anymore. In another thread, we are discussing the lack of voice modulation on helmets. As it turns out, several of the new pieces do not have voice modulation for the helmets. They're putting work into the art, but they're not putting any work or money into function.

The lack of modulation on these is like baking a three layered cake, making it look presentable, and then not putting frosting on it. The sad thing is, I'm not even angry. I'm just really disappointed.

In my job, I go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that the product I complete is perfect. Any regulator or investor looking to see why I lent money to an individual will see a perfect trail of documentation, rationale for any decisions made, and copious due diligence. If I underwrote a loan like Bioware created these armor sets, my bank would have to start worrying about people defaulting on my loans, poor guideline interpretation, and ultimately, the bank having to buy back my loans from an investor.

Bioware, you need to start caring about your product. If there are any other people like me out there, you're one more screw up away from losing us as customers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed :D

Also, special thanks to the people who say they hate the game but still pay their monthly sub ;)

I sub, and don't hate 'the game'.

I just hate the bits of the game that suck ****, like gambling packs, limited customisation (colour especially) and RPers getting ignored or shafted over and over :p

I promise, anyone who hates and I mean hates the studio, because of what it has become is not currently supporting the game. They're not renewing, nor purchasing Cartel Coins. Therefore, they're on whatever time is left before their subscription ends. Just because they have posting ability in this cesspool, doesn't mean they're supporters. So continue to buy your sit emotes or whatever you should be getting with your subscription and not paying extra for. Accept continually being treated like a free to play player while subscribing. As long as you have hope the studio will stop taking advantage of you some day and screwing up in the process, that will keep you motivated to go on. But what happens when you lose that hope? You move on. Like over 500,000 other subscribers did. Happily continuing a subscription here at this point implies you enjoy getting shafted regularly. Just making that clear for you ;) Who am I to judge if that's what you're into. :rak_03::eek:

Well, at least the haters are consistent with their hyperbole, conjecture, and desire to turn us all to the dark side. This one apparently speaks for all of them.....so maybe their posts will be consolidated from this point on. LOL

Edited by Blackardin

I bought two hypercrates didn't get the veractyl then I saw it in action and said, "Oh yeah, my peeps are so getting a tauntaun." lol. I love the coloring and the look but I hate how it's being ridden and how it runs and how low it is. I'm just about at 1.5 million again (I spend a ton of money on my main) to buy my one alt that I'm playing a tauntaun. I did get crap loads of armor and oh my gosh, the concealed armor in the purple/black dye is to die for. It's awesome. So I'm pretty happy with what I got for keeps and for sale but I won't do it again because I won't support them putting a mount that would be popular in packs. It should have been 1800 to 2100 cartel coins on the market.

Oh and yes, I am more than happy to support the game and more than happy to pay my 6 month sub.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

I don't mind pumping money into this game. I pay my sub, and whenever a new pack comes out, I buy a hypercrate or two (and random 2-3 pack buys later on). Yesterday, I bought two hypercrates, and more cartel coins to unlock additional cargo bays (to store crap until the bind wears off), but I won't be doing it anymore. In another thread, we are discussing the lack of voice modulation on helmets. As it turns out, several of the new pieces do not have voice modulation for the helmets. They're putting work into the art, but they're not putting any work or money into function.

I have to agree with you here, friend. They do need to start working on bugs, refining items put in game so as to attain a standard level of quality. As we can see by this thread, there are people willing to support the game, but I would tend to believe that the interest (as with any product sold today) could wane if the product turns out to be junk.

They work out some of the bugs, insure that we are getting quality items (such as voice modulation, no clipping etc.), and they will maintain our support for the long haul as people, obviously, do enjoy the game very much.

No you won't. I guarantee for the first month it'll go for over $5 mil.

Lizard mount maybe... but ship pets & other cool things will flood GTN and drop in prices sooner.

And lizards will drop also, may take a month... but at the end they will finish bellow 1 mil... as so many other mounts did, so if you want to be first, pay :D

Agreed :D

Also, special thanks to the people who say they hate the game but still pay their monthly sub ;)

If someone really hate the game but still pay for it ... he/she may need medical attention.

QQ-ing and pretending are not my worth ... till I enjoy the game I will play/sub ... when not - will stop for a time or move along.

I promise, anyone who hates and I mean hates the studio, because of what it has become is not currently supporting the game. They're not renewing, nor purchasing Cartel Coins. Therefore, they're on whatever time is left before their subscription ends. Just because they have posting ability in this cesspool, doesn't mean they're supporters. So continue to buy your sit emotes or whatever you should be getting with your subscription and not paying extra for. Accept continually being treated like a free to play player while subscribing. As long as you have hope the studio will stop taking advantage of you some day and screwing up in the process, that will keep you motivated to go on. But what happens when you lose that hope? You move on. Like over 500,000 other subscribers did. Happily continuing a subscription here at this point implies you enjoy getting shafted regularly. Just making that clear for you ;) Who am I to judge if that's what you're into. :rak_03::eek:

No it doesn't...

Continuing to sub simply means that right here and now we are content with the game as is, it means we can appreciate the flaws and problems that need addressing without resorting to the hyperbole and hate that your post is riddled with.

Even with all of the problems this game has, just like all other MMORPGs.....the £8.99 I pay per month represents what is easily the best value for money entertainment spend I make in any given month of the year....THAT is why I sub.

Driz

I bought a few packs and got 2 of the trench coats.

According to the Collections tab, it is classed as a rare item. I have near-double Super Rare armor sets from the pack, so it seems that RNG was simply not my find that night . . .

Geez, I hope that Trench Coat sells for that much. I got 3 of those and have no interest in using it. If it were the Troublemaker Duster, then that would be a different story.

I am hoping it will be a bit cheaper then that. I only said 1-2 million as that is how much is currently residing in my mains pocket! :i_embarrassed:

:rak_02:

what server you are? I have opened 54 pacs. and got about 3 or 4 of this trench coat.

The Red Eclipse. Again, it seems like RNG was simply not my friend last night . . .

The coat is a common item and you'll probably be able to buy it for cheap.

I hope so, but if it comes to the crunch, I am willing to pay that much for it.

Edited by Cyberwoman

Unfortunately this money will go towards making MORE cartel packs so people like you can keep this game alive.

But at least the servers are still online!

Nah...the budget for SWTOR is what it is, no matter what they sell in the market. The additional revenue goes into the EA coffers to fund the next game.

...thank you very much for supporting this game.

That is all. :)

Agreed. All additional donations to the game are duly noted and appreciated.

As an aside, I had no idea people cared so much about a mount that was in possibly the worst Star Wars movie of all time. Anyway, good on ya!

"I opened 54 packs (Long story) and didn't find the Varactyl. Luckily I wasn't really looking for it, I was trying to find the Unfettered Trench Coat primarily, but I didn't get that either. Which is why I am really hoping it will be on the GTN for 1-2 million at most. My Agents and Dark-side Smuggler are screaming for that coat . . ."

I got the coat and most of the cybernetic and darth set out of 12 packs, along with the guaren emerald and the racer. But the trench dropped out of the first one ...lol, but alas no crystals.

Kinda funny. I think I opened like 40 packs.

First pack had the lizard mount everyone wants. (I could care less about my mount as long as it goes fast)

One of the last few packs had double trenches.

All I wanted was the cyborg armor and all I got was cyborg hands and feet. Everything else everyone is chasing except the Mandalorian helm...I got. I have the feeling the 15 or so pets I got are all going to end up in the abortion dumpster.

I think it's fate being all "You're not going to get what you want".

Digressing a bit here but not going to make a seperate thread; does anyone have the new out of combat heal item yet? Emergency Medical Table. Same rarity as the Varactyl.

Oddly, I havent seen it nor heard of anyone getting it at all on either server.

I actually ended up getting two varactyls from my hypercrate. I was stoked at the first one, but was torn as to whether or not to sell it or just use it. After the second one popped out, I used the first so all my characters can have it. The second will be sold at whatever ridiculous price they go for during the day tomorrow.

It's funny, people have been begging for Tauntauns for all eternity and now all interests in Tauntauns seem to have mysteriously vanished with the arrival of Varactyls. Last week everyone wanted a Tauntaun, now everyone wants a Varactyl and I bet that whatever animal mount comes next, (Bantha, Reek, Nexu, Rancor etc. etc.) people will want that one.

Many people don't even want the Varactyl, just fall victim to the hype. They'll ride it for 2 days and then forget it even existed in favor of whatever comes next.

The varactyl mount is the one thing I was missing in this game. That was my favorite part of SWG. Being a creature handler and having a varactyl. I may never ride a speeder again.

The varactyl mount is the one thing I was missing in this game. That was my favorite part of SWG. Being a creature handler and having a varactyl. I may never ride a speeder again.

Just looked a video of it on Dulfy. It's sweet.. and I'm going to pick one up.. but IMO.. it's about 20% too small. No way it should be the size it is in preview.. but it is a little small in game. I roll with female body 1 or 2 on my characters so I think it's fine for them.

The doughboy body 3 type males are going to break it's back though. :p

No it doesn't...

Continuing to sub simply means that right here and now we are content with the game as is, it means we can appreciate the flaws and problems that need addressing without resorting to the hyperbole and hate that your post is riddled with.

Even with all of the problems this game has, just like all other MMORPGs.....the £8.99 I pay per month represents what is easily the best value for money entertainment spend I make in any given month of the year....THAT is why I sub.

Driz

Well said and I totally agree. Additionally, I sub and play because I'm having fun. :D

I have seen some lizards on fleet ... they are too small.

Prices on GTN dropping fast, in 2 hours gone from 20 to 6 mil. creds.

When it goes bellow 1... I will get one just to see how it going to crush under my body 4 characters :D:D:D

Only wonder I have is are character feet going to touch the ground when mounted.

P.S. I have already got 3 items I wanted from this packs for less than 150k credits ... Defender, Racer, Patriot ... only missing D-5 Mantis, but they are still above 50k, when drop bellow will have it also.

Thanks to all packs buyers :cool:

Edit D-5 added for less than 20k ... so far all goes according to plan :cool:

Edited by morfius