Maintenance: August 22nd

AmberGreen

Just to clarify on this point. Before patch 2.3.1 there was NO alignment requirement. Are we to understand that after this "fix" there will be an alignment requirement?

Please clarify.

Thanks!!

I am not sure what you don't understand?? They are removing a requirement that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.. This all seems pretty simple to me.. The bug itself was unintended.. That is stated in the game when you first load..

I fail to see what needs clarified.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will their be a credit compensation for all the players that had to transfer mods out? i

Can you pay the rest of us whenever you make a mistake??

There will be no compensation and there should be no compensation..

You didn't have to do anything.. Nobody forced you to move anything.. You all should have known they would have a patch this in short order..

Come on now.. They are human just like the rest of us.. They make mistakes.. Show some understanding.. ;)

On August 22nd, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform brief maintenance. Patch 2.3.1a will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Thursday August 22nd

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 5AM PDT (12PM UTC)

Patch Note

Items

• The incorrect alignment requirement has been removed from the following gear:
    • Section X Guardian Armor
    • Scalene Armor (Red, Blue, White, Gold)
    • Voss Ambassador Armor
    • Hyperspace Hotshot Armor
    • Deep Space Starfighter Helmet

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Remind me why the hell im paying you for? So you can take it down twice a week during apac prime time just to correct your screw ups that could be lived with till next week.

You didn't have to do anything.. Nobody forced you to move anything.. You all should have known they would have a patch this in short order..

Come on now.. They are human just like the rest of us.. They make mistakes.. Show some understanding.. ;)

And their mistakes are screwing with a service people are paying for. I'll happily show them understanding when they at least pretend to care about the subscribers they are routinely screwing over.

And their mistakes are screwing with a service people are paying for. I'll happily show them understanding when they at least pretend to care about the subscribers they are routinely screwing over.

You mean like fixing a serious bug a few hours after it's discovered? :rolleyes:

Will their be a credit compensation for all the players that had to transfer mods out? i

"Had to"? No one asked you to move out the mods. Yes it sucked but are you telling me that even if you had a raid it couldn't be postponed? Like to next week. You would have lost one night of raiding? OMG this is outrageous!

This would suit Europe as well, as PDT midnight is our 9 am (8 in the UK) where most of us are at work, so usually the servers would be available again in the afternoon when we come from work/school, and have time to play the game.

3 Raid nights within 7 days that have been canceled due to maintenance :(

Edited by MitchPB

I would like to hear if subscription players will receive some time-for-downtime that was unanticipated and quite frequent in the past weeks.

Yeah I agree. I'm a new subscriber. I've been here a couple months and this is amazing. And I thought WoW went down for maintenance a lot. Has it always been this way?

Yeah I agree. I'm a new subscriber. I've been here a couple months and this is amazing. And I thought WoW went down for maintenance a lot. Has it always been this way?

It wouldn't if they did some serious internal testing on their patches before releasing it on the live servers. Every patch brings it's own share of hiccups and it has to be fixed once again which results in yet another maintenance.

• Dev Post
Just to clarify on this point. Before patch 2.3.1 there was NO alignment requirement. Are we to understand that after this "fix" there will be an alignment requirement?

Please clarify.

Thanks!!

All alignment requirements will be removed with this fix, and gear will be as it was before 2.3.1. :)

• Dev Post
Good to see this is getting fixed but can you please start adding GMT to the times you give out?

We will always use UTC in English messages, as it's an international standard that is the same as GMT year round. It's used to prevent confusion around daylight savings time, due to the fact that the UK is on GMT for only half of the year.

So that the rest of us can enjoy it :)

i have been unable to log in when i attempt to several times now because of this crap, bad luck, sure, i also work 12 hours a day and juggle 3 kids, when i finaly get some time to myself to sit down, i cant even play a game that im ****in paying for.

Not a happy customer at all.

i have been unable to log in when i attempt to several times now because of this crap, bad luck, sure, i also work 12 hours a day and juggle 3 kids, when i finaly get some time to myself to sit down, i cant even play a game that im ****in paying for.

Not a happy customer at all.

I don't know why you can't log in and I'm sorry that it messes with your game time, but I do know that when a company does what it should be doing (i.e. fixing serious issues that come up, ASAP) complaining about it is simply irrational.

complaining about it is simply irrational.

Well....thats your opinion :)

I understand that some people are frustrated because they have bad luck and are unable to play the game, and I fully support them venting their frustrations on the forums, because they are paying customers after all...

For some people this is just a big slap in the face for them.

Thanks have a nice day :D

Do you understand ANYTHING about business? Businesses who screw up on this regular a basis for things people have ALREADY paid for routinely have to compensate customers. I'll reiterate to make sure you're CLEAR on this, they're not paying us for a mistake, they're paying us BACK money we've paid them but they didn't make good on their end. These are services which they were paid for but FAILED TO PROVIDE. In this case it would be those of us that subscribe failing to have access to the game on a routine basis over the last week.

GET IT?

I don't know why you can't log in and I'm sorry that it messes with your game time, but I do know that when a company does what it should be doing (i.e. fixing serious issues that come up, ASAP) complaining about it is simply irrational.

Well he can't log in because they've got the servers down...not sure what's hard to grasp there but I can't help you with that obvious an issue...

If you consider it irrational to complain about horrible service I expect you to not complain when your order is wrong when you go to a restaurant, you get the wrong item you ordered off the internet, your cable is down consistently for a week etc etc etc....just pay them and be happy they're screwing you out of your money. That would be simply rational for you I guess....