The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

WARNING: Do not buy items from the Cartel Market.

Qural

Do not buy items from the Cartel Market! I bought the Golden Scalene armor set from the Cartel Market several month ago and have used it since but in the last update (21 aug) Im no longer able to use it, So a warning to all players do not buy any items from the Cartel marked, when they change the stats on items that you already bought.

I hate the Market and F2P as a whole...but even I know how to read.

Read the Launcher notes. It says, very big and very clear, that there is a KNOWN BUG with Reputation armours that they are trying to fix. They know about it. You are not a super special snowflake. Mystery solved.

TechbotAlpha my snowflake! Can we agree that its a bug on the server side? if so it should be easely fixed! You shouldn't sit around for an entire day waiting for it to be fixed, as a subscriber you will not get you Money back for that day or days untill it is fixed right?.

TechbotAlpha my snowflake! Can we agree that its a bug on the server side? if so it should be easely fixed! You shouldn't sit around for an entire day waiting for it to be fixed, as a subscriber you will not get you Money back for that day or days untill it is fixed right?.

If you got your 50 cents, would you be happy?

Can we agree that this isn't the bug report forum, the bug has been acknowledged, there is even a warning message when you load up the game..

As for it being client or server?? Who knows, and who cares.. It will be fixed.. It was an unintended bug..

You want your money back for a bug?? To err is human.. Give them break?? Do you really think you could do a better job here?? Feel free to write your own MMO that is 100% bug free.. :rolleyes:

Yes, yes you're entirely correct in your stance. The entire thing should be ignored from here out because of one acknowledged bug.

Makes me wonder how you could stand playing the game at all up to this point.

He could just do what I do, and avoid the cash-shop like the plague it is?

New Idea for achievement:

"Proud Cartel Coin Sponge:" Awarded to subscribers who let their CC-stipend accumulate without touching it for [x time-period].

Of course, then no-one would have reason to whinge, either.

He could just do what I do, and avoid the cash-shop like the plague it is?

New Idea for achievement:

"Proud Cartel Coin Sponge:" Awarded to subscribers who let their CC-stipend accumulate without touching it for [x time-period].

Of course, then no-one would have reason to whinge, either.

Whats a whinge?

One of the COH devs once described working with the game code as being like "Playing Jenga. While everything was on fire. Every-thing."

Heh.. pretty much like all large code projects then. :)

As to the topic... hey OP..... strictly speaking.. you should never purchase any gear (inside the CM or outside the CM). Why? Well.. because someday, years from now, when this MMO shuts down.. it will all be lost. Oh noes.

Now.. on a more practical outlook.. it's all digital vaporware.. to be used until you can't use it (or don't want to) anymore. As for the bug with Gold Scalene.. it's affecting non CM gear too... and it's an acknowledged bug that will be fixed.

Edited by Andryah

Try doing a forum search. It's a bug with the latest patch and they are working to fix it.

While this is correct.

It is a pain in the *** knowing I cannot wear my DPS gree armor. Guess I wont be playing that particular alt till that is fixed. IT even killed the armor on the companion as well.

That toon is dead in the water till BW gets that bug resolved.

I doubt it's hard coded into every individual piece of gear. I also doubt very much it's as simple as flipping a bit in a memory location. This Is not your grand daddies home built 8008... booted up with paddle switches.

Registers and memory locations are so isolated form the code writers now days.. that your statement is ludicrous. We know they do a lot of work in this game through the dev side consoles of the Hero Engine. What is not accessed that way.. would be accessed in a high level language that would go through one or more compiles before it hits word/byte/bit level code.

The real issue with code these days is how massive and intertwined it is. Change one thing, affect 10 other things you did not even realize were interconnected. That's how most bugs that are senseless_by_appearance come to be.

And NO.. I am not a code developer.. but I project managed code developers for years. So I have seen just about every code related absurdity imaginable drive a perfectly good code base into the ditch while all the code monkeys step back and claim they did not do it and pointing fingers at each other. Point being.. code is complex, interwoven, and as someone noted earlier.. pretty much a bad game of Jenga waiting to be played.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Point being.. code is complex, interwoven, and as someone noted earlier.. pretty much a bad game of Jenga waiting to be played.

BEST thing ever, I literally laughed out loud.

"Development is like playing jenga. Jenga, and EVERYTHING is on fire. Everything."

Also, while we're at it, don't eat the yellow snow, don't take the brown acid and for the love of Malgus, don't take literature from strangers on the street!

I read this a ligature -- and was curious as to why people would be handing that out on the street. . . .

Brown acid!?

While this is correct.

It is a pain in the *** knowing I cannot wear my DPS gree armor. Guess I wont be playing that particular alt till that is fixed. IT even killed the armor on the companion as well.

That toon is dead in the water till BW gets that bug resolved.

I agree it is a pain and I too have several toons that I now cannot play until this is resolved. But Warning people to not buy Cartel Market items when it has nothing to do with the Cartel Market is..... well just stupid.

Nireos - I know it was hard words but at least I got a good reaction from ppl here. Talking about this and other bugs that have been pissing me off since game start and that's still in the game - maybe BW starts to fix the old bugs instead of adding more to the game.

maybe BW starts to fix the old bugs instead of adding more to the game.

You do realize that doing so would make them unique among MMO studios?

Seriously.. there are annoying bugs in other MMOs that never get fixed too. Precisely why I got over being annoyed about bugs a number of years ago. There is simply no personal benefit to getting bent about bugs.

• Dev Post

We have posted updates about this topic in two threads, including this one in the Bug Report Forum. The Gold Scalene Armor set is, unfortunately, affected along with all other Scalene sets and a few other pieces of gear. We apologize for the inconvenience. However, all other Cartel Market gear is unaffected by incorrect alignment requirements. We're sorry for any confusion caused by the issue.

To ensure that information can be found more easily, we are closing this thread. Thank you.