Real ID?

Twilight_Sea

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you guys like to see Bioware implement a Real ID-like system? I would like to see it since I have friends who are on different servers. Tried to Google search for a similar topic but it was already closed. =/

No, thank you. If they do, I'd want the option to not use it. If your friends want you to know all their alts, they will tell you their names. If you want to know your friend's alts, ask them.

I would however, like to friend my own characters just for the sake of sending mail quickly to my alts without having to worry about typos.

Edited by Zebular

I would like it if you could add friends based on their forum/username. I don't want my real name available to anyone and everyone. The only place I use my real name is work and the like - none of my friends use it (though they know it). I have no wish to share it with a bunch of strangers.

Yes I would like it.

ANyone who says it's stupid is stupid. Blizzard no longer forces you to use your real name and that was changed rather quickly and besides my guildies know my name and some even have my cell number. Really people are just quick to bash anything WoW has done. Being able to talk to my friends on different servers or different factions would be great and since Bioware is even trying co-op in Mass Effect 3 it would be great to see them try what Blizzard did and have a chat that works across there games.

Yes I would like it.

ANyone who says it's stupid is stupid. Blizzard no longer forces you to use your real name and that was changed rather quickly and besides my guildies know my name and some even have my cell number. Really people are just quick to bash anything WoW has done. Being able to talk to my friends on different servers or different factions would be great and since Bioware is even trying co-op in Mass Effect 3 it would be great to see them try what Blizzard did and have a chat that works across there games.

Umm... you remember the mass revolt amongst WoW players when they first announced RealID?

Sure, why not.

I want to see the hilarity of EAware staff begging players to stop harassing them and their families when players decide to show them why forced Real ID is a bad idea, just like Blizzard employees did.

Edited by Zorvan

My understanding is RealID ties all your characters to your real Identity...which I don't particularly want...I still like my privacy thank you.

Something like the global handle from City of Heroes or the online character name with Guild Wars (you add one name to your friends list, and it'll show when that person is on with a different character, even if you don't have that character in your friends list) would be nice. Something to be able to tell when your friends are on, but playing different characters is needed....preferably with the ability for it to be cross-server.

I'd also like to see cross server chat and messaging (like setting up a chatroom for a guild so you can chat across servers, since I maintain my Republic characters on a PvE server, but my Empire mains are on DWC).

My understanding is RealID ties all your characters to your real Identity...which I don't particularly want...I still like my privacy thank you.

Something like the global handle from City of Heroes or the online character name with Guild Wars (you add one name to your friends list, and it'll show when that person is on with a different character, even if you don't have that character in your friends list) would be nice. Something to be able to tell when your friends are on, but playing different characters is needed....preferably with the ability for it to be cross-server.

They already have that. It's called your "Legacy" name. All they'd need is a way to search for a persons Legacy name ingame.

And there's already "cross server chat". It's called Ventrillo.

Edited by Zorvan

Yes absolutely, RealID, much like the charge of the light brigade and the Spruce Goose is one of the best ideas in human history.

I would also like to see it necessary to add to your RealID your real address and pictures of yourself naked, however. Only in this way can it be a true "real" ID. Finally, think we should follow in the footsteps of Rupert Murdoch and make it so if you have someone's RealID you can listen to their voicemail on their phone too. That would sure make it easier to get to know them!

Would you guys like to see Bioware implement a Real ID-like system? I would like to see it since I have friends who are on different servers. Tried to Google search for a similar topic but it was already closed. =/

Not just no, hell no.