Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

I'd just like to point out that the chances of Admiral Trench, or anyone in the Dark Imperium, making any kind of contact with the enemy is extremely slim. The Dark Imperium will be heavily reliant on the shadows, on anonymity and the ability to move undetected, accepting transmissions from the enemy could potentially jeopardise that.

Well they wouldn't have to as far as I know if they made a broadcast it would be the same thing but again this is highly unlikely they aren't going to be announcing anything to any one that is going to be the FE.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a Hutt, Selenial.

Jedi mind tricks don't work on Hutts.

It's not really a mind trick, now is it warren?

More an Invasion of the mind... Besides, Traya is perhaps the best at it, and I was of the Opinion that every mind could be altered, some are just extremely difficult... Was i wrong? :p

The concept of Force persuasion was the use of the Force to exert influence. Some species with highly organized mental facilities were known to be inherently resistant to its effects, requiring more skill, among them Hutts, Toydarians, Yinchorri, Kloodavians[11], Dashade, Falleen, Geonosians, and possibly Snivvians. For example, Revan could persuade Motta the Hutt, but Luke Skywalker failed in his attempt to persuade Jabba the Hutt.

Boom :p

It's not really a mind trick, now is it warren?

More an Invasion of the mind... Besides, Traya is perhaps the best at it, and I was of the Opinion that every mind could be altered, some are just extremely difficult... Was i wrong? :p

edit: nvm

Edited by tunewalker

Boom :p

I think it's a bit different when you're across the galaxy, rather than standing in the same room.

Regardless, it still stands that Aruk will be harder than usual to influence. And just because he has Traya poking at his mental defenses doesn't mean he'll listen to her. Like Canino said, he's happy. In fact, his greatest pleasure in life is accounting. And now he has the mother of all accounting jobs: managing the IGBC.

So really, I don't see any way that Traya could convince him to defect. More so if it's hard to influence him in the first place.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I think it's a bit different when you're across the galaxy, rather than standing in the same room.

Regardless, it still stands that Aruk will be harder than usual to influence. And just because he has Traya poking at his mental defenses doesn't mean he'll listen to her. Like Canino said, he's happy. In fact, his greatest pleasure in life is accounting. And now he has the mother of all accounting jobs: managing the IGBC.

So really, I don't see any way that Traya could convince him to defect. More so if it's hard to influence him in the first place.

She's the best-Mind-Influencer-EVAR :D

Lol, but seriously, no one retorted to my Assassination scenario...

Still haven't said anything about my Scarab Mark 6's... Assassins land on world, in stealth ship with Scarabs, go to Aruk, the Emperor's Royal Guards think they're the true assassins, not having a clue there's droids... 1-2 Guards stay with Aruk, when the rest go to fight the Assassins, then *Pfft* 2 poison Darts, and 2 flesh eating shredders hit Aruk, and thud.

Down goes the hutt.

Hutt biology!

From Wookieepedia:

Hutts were resistant to many poisons and diseases and seldom fell ill.

Should anyone manage to grab hold of the body or manage to puncture the skin, heavy layers of blubber and muscle protected the vital organs from harm.

Also, "flesh eating shredders" are undoubtedly attached to the droids. So if they tried to attack him with that the guards would be on them in seconds.

Also, see Sun Guards being able to detect conventional stealth technology. It's unlikely the droids would take them by surprise.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Hutt biology!

From Wookieepedia:

Also, "flesh eating shredders" are undoubtedly attached to the droids. So if they tried to attack him with that the guards would be on them in seconds.

Also, see Sun Guards being able to detect conventional stealth technology. It's unlikely the droids would take them by surprise.

Just rather like to remind you that Aruk actually died from Poison o.0

Shredders aren't really needed, just a little bit of fun.

He's apparently guarded by Emperors Royal Guard.... And the Scarabs weren't stealthed, just the size of bugs.

Lol, but seriously, no one retorted to my Assassination scenario...
I'd like to pitch in for Canino here and point out the following:

A Hutt's skin was perhaps its greatest defense as the epidermis was able to resist all but the most corrosive of chemical substances. Furthermore oil and mucus sweat made a Hutt difficult to grasp as its body was slippery to hold. Should anyone manage to grab hold of the body or manage to puncture the skin, heavy layers of blubber and muscle protected the vital organs from harm. In addition, the slimy coating of sweat and mucus protected them from either chemical burns or heat. Hutts were resistant to many poisons and diseases and seldom fell ill.

This could make assassination via needles a lot more difficult.

EDIT: Look like Warren got there first.

Edited by Beniboybling

Just rather like to remind you that Aruk actually died from Poison o.0

Shredders aren't really needed, just a little bit of fun.

He's apparently guarded by Emperors Royal Guard.... And the Scarabs weren't stealthed, just the size of bugs.

I'd also point out that that poison was incredibly rare.

Just rather like to remind you that Aruk actually died from Poison o.0.

That poison isn't something your faction would have access to.

And he ingested it. That's poison. What you're talking about is venom injected through the skin. Which, as Beni pointed out, won't work.

So, how about this? The Scarabs poison the few Guards left with Aruk, leading the Guards to fall back, and attempt to evacuate Aruk, whilst of course the Stealth Ship awaits with a bare minimum of pilots, with more Diamond Boron Missiles, destroying the shuttle as it takes off?

Question: What, exactly, is Malgus's Stealth Fleet?

I can't find it on Wookeepedia. Do we have any specifics? We know that it has stealth.... what else do we know? What kind of fighters? What kind of capital ships?

All I can remember from the False Emperor flashpoint is that it is stealth fighters. No idea what kind of other vessels it has.

Considering that the DI has both its supply base and capital in one system, I have the feeling Raxus is gong to be a major battleground.

If a faction loses their Supply Base, do they lose their supplier/supplies?

A good point.

Won't really be a surprise for anyone other than the FE however, Traya would see the attack coming before they set off, and with the distance we are apart, we'd get stealthed vessels there in time to out manoeuvre and surprise the FE... Also, if they made the mistake of sending a huge fleet, it would most likely be the end of them, the fleet couldn't escape due to the Interdictors supplied by Santhe/Sienar.....

The numbers advantage falls when ships have the ability to surround and outmanoeuvre you.

Shameless Triple post.

If Aruk is going to be doing a Holo-Call speech every now and then, what's to say Traya won't have some fun messing around in his head? Imagine this, if you will:

Lady's and Gentlemen, we don't have to sit in the shadows any longer! With Vader leading the Galaxy, the bounty hunting business would boom! *Pauses* I... Ugh.... Yes! Boom, Bounty hunters across the Galaxy would finally be employee legitimately! *Puts head in hands* Yes, and half of them would be killed for failing Vader.... What? Not quite sure why I said that... That's why we call to..... AHHH, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! (Cad bane moment)

Now: Vader would have to

A) Shut the holo down to stop this

B) Choke Aruk long enough for him to pass out, trying to show they have the power to stop it.

I'd say he went for B. But really, what good does that do? It shows that either Traya is strong enough to demolish a mind from light years away, or that Aruk has huge doubts. It also shows Vader is willing to kill or severely injure those under him.....

Some speech.

Shameless Triple post.

If Aruk is going to be doing a Holo-Call speech every now and then, what's to say Traya won't have some fun messing around in his head? Imagine this, if you will:

Lady's and Gentlemen, we don't have to sit in the shadows any longer! With Vader leading the Galaxy, the bounty hunting business would boom! *Pauses* I... Ugh.... Yes! Boom, Bounty hunters across the Galaxy would finally be employee legitimately! *Puts head in hands* Yes, and half of them would be killed for failing Vader.... What? Not quite sure why I said that... That's why we call to..... AHHH, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!! (Cad bane moment)

Now: Vader would have to

A) Shut the holo down to stop this

B) Choke Aruk long enough for him to pass out, trying to show they have the power to stop it.

I'd say he went for B. But really, what good does that do? It shows that either Traya is strong enough to demolish a mind from light years away, or that Aruk has huge doubts. It also shows Vader is willing to kill or severely injure those under him.....

Some speech.

This is based on the unsupported assumption that Traya can manipulate the minds of others from across vast distances. This is highly unlikely to be the case.

This is based on the unsupported assumption that Traya can manipulate the minds of others from across vast distances. This is highly unlikely to be the case.

Whilst not in the Trayus core, she communicated with Atris without Atris knowing that anyone was putting anything in her mind.

Aka, not in the core, she Planted information in someone's mind whilst putting it down to that persons own sense...I'd say in the core she can go one better... Besides, she doesn't have to be completely successful for it to work.

Whilst not in the Trayus core, she communicated with Atris without Atris knowing that anyone was putting anything in her mind.

Aka, not in the core, she Planted information in someone's mind whilst putting it down to that persons own sense...I'd say in the core she can go one better... Besides, she doesn't have to be completely successful for it to work.

Except she starts on Raxus. And a Hutt isn't Atris. They are naturally resistant to these things, and Aruk even had experience dealing with several Jedi, including Master Kolar.

Beni, can we have some estimates of the fleets size? I know Sel has 60+ but what is my size compared to hers. I would imagine she has me beat, but what are your thoughts?

Except she starts on Raxus. And a Hutt isn't Atris. They are naturally resistant to these things, and Aruk even had experience dealing with several Jedi, including Master Kolar.

Beni, can we have some estimates of the fleets size? I know Sel has 60+ but what is my size compared to hers. I would imagine she has me beat, but what are your thoughts?

As far as I know you have at least 300 ships to challenge the republic and the galactic empire in the matter they did it seems like no less then 300 would be neccissary.