So basically Treek costs 2800 coins?

CTFoxhound

I havn't bought Treek yet cuz I'm a little weary atm if she's really worth 2100 cartel coins. I mean I do have the coins but that sure is alot and from what I understand if you buy Treek for 2100 coins you can only use her on one character?! Then to unlock for the account it's another 700!?

That's a bit insane. I def don't want to spend 2800 coins. But I also heard if you want to use on another char you can pay 300k credits as well instead of the coins? This i'm not sure on and need confirmation.

ALSO the thing i'm a little weary of is I see there is some sort of cartel 50% purchase coming soon for a first time item but it's not thoroughly detailed. I don't want to buy Tweek then there is this special deal 1 time deal where you can buy something for half price where I coulda saved over 1000 coins for this companion.

If anyone can answer either of my questions I'd appreciate it. The one about the Tweek pricing and the other about that 50% off cartel deal that's coming. thanks.

I havn't bought Treek yet cuz I'm a little weary atm if she's really worth 2100 cartel coins. I mean I do have the coins but that sure is alot and from what I understand if you buy Treek for 2100 coins you can only use her on one character?! Then to unlock for the account it's another 700!?

That's a bit insane. I def don't want to spend 2800 coins. But I also heard if you want to use on another char you can pay 300k credits as well instead of the coins? This i'm not sure on and need confirmation.

ALSO the thing i'm a little weary of is I see there is some sort of cartel 50% purchase coming soon for a first time item but it's not thoroughly detailed. I don't want to buy Tweek then there is this special deal 1 time deal where you can buy something for half price where I coulda saved over 1000 coins for this companion.

If anyone can answer either of my questions I'd appreciate it. The one about the Tweek pricing and the other about that 50% off cartel deal that's coming. thanks.

yes, To buy Treek it is 2100CC for the first character than (if you want) 700 CC to unlock for your other characters.

After the initial purchase you can also choose to spend 300k for EACH other character you want to unlock her on.

If you have legacy level 40 you can however spend 1 million credits to get her. Than either spend credits for each character or spend the 700 CC to unlcok her for all characters (my this is my plan)

From the wording, I think the 50% discount will be on buying CC not on an actual item

Also... you can expect to see Treek mission for sale on the GTN beginning tomorrow night. ;)

Just be sure which version you are buying.. because scammers will be pedaling the Legacy version for more then 1M and if you are not 40 legacy you can't use it.

ALSO the thing i'm a little weary of is I see there is some sort of cartel 50% purchase coming soon for a first time item but it's not thoroughly detailed. I don't want to buy Tweek then there is this special deal 1 time deal where you can buy something for half price where I coulda saved over 1000 coins for this companion. If anyone can answer either of my questions I'd appreciate it. The one about the Tweek pricing and the other about that 50% off cartel deal that's coming. thanks.

If she was actually named Tweek I might have bought her. Not kidding.

Also... you can expect to see Treek mission for sale on the GTN beginning tomorrow night. ;)

Just be sure which version you are buying.. because scammers will be pedaling the Legacy version for more then 1M and if you are not 40 legacy you can't use it.

I fully expect them to be highly successful and laughing all the way to the bank.

So that's probably a good warning. :p

If she was actually named Tweek I might have bought her. Not kidding.

That makes me picture her in a labcoat and with goggles on or something. :D

Honestly... is it that difficult to get 1mil credits? You just have to do the dailies for what? 3 days?

You can also use those coins to make 1mil. You probably dont need to spend 2100CC to do it. Less QQ and more smarting up. Treek is easy to get. Alot easier than HK-51 was.

Well I will say this about her, the fact that she is a tank and a healer makes her unique and extremely versatile in my opinion. I mean just picture you with her in her tanking stance. She's taunting and taking up the majority of the damage here and next thing you know she is casting a heal on you. Then combat is complete and Treek is continuing to heal you too. Been trying her out on my DPS Jugg I've been trying on

Treek does seem a little expensive.

Not from a pay to win point of view. She is an amazing healer and one of the few that can put heavy armour to use as a companion. Seems to have better base stats than other companions and despite having her in sub par gear easily soloed the two new flashpoints with her. The first one I don't think she let me drop below 90% health and as a marauder that's no small feat given Quinn was having trouble lately of even keeping me up versus heroic 2's.

But where Treek seems over priced in what you get outside of an amazing healer, as companions go you get 1 conversation on your ship. Voice acting gets a little annoying after a while and so far hasn't really often many opinions on what is going on. I thought with the new flashpoint might have something to say but not really many cut scenes.

As such Treek feels more like a pay to win healer options to make things easier for those with 1 million credits or 2100 coins more than a fully rounded companion. The only one of its species and yet one quick chat and then it can go back to its crate. A little disappointing, specially for anyone that's spent 2100 cartel coins on it.

But where Treek seems over priced in what you get outside of an amazing healer, as companions go you get 1 conversation on your ship.

The conversations are bugged at the moment, she has more. :)

Some people have the whole thing on Youtube if you can't wait.

Hopefully they will fix this soon and her conversations will work properly.

Edited by Callaron

How exactly do you add Treek to the Collection? I fear I may have messed up.

I bought the contract for 1M credits, and then used it. I progressed the mission, and got Treek. Now, the contract is gone, and I fear I missed my window to add it to the Collection. When I go to my Collection, I see Treek there, still greyed out, even though I have her, and I can't seem to click on anything to add her.

Was I supposed to add the CONTRACT to Collections, rather than her?

If so, bummer. :-(

How exactly do you add Treek to the Collection? I fear I may have messed up.

I bought the contract for 1M credits, and then used it. I progressed the mission, and got Treek. Now, the contract is gone, and I fear I missed my window to add it to the Collection. When I go to my Collection, I see Treek there, still greyed out, even though I have her, and I can't seem to click on anything to add her.

Was I supposed to add the CONTRACT to Collections, rather than her?

If so, bummer. :-(

I believe some people have had to quit the game then restart it and log back in to get it to count in collections. If you have done that I am not sure.

Well I will say this about her, the fact that she is a tank and a healer makes her unique and extremely versatile in my opinion. I mean just picture you with her in her tanking stance. She's taunting and taking up the majority of the damage here and next thing you know she is casting a heal on you. Then combat is complete and Treek is continuing to heal you too. Been trying her out on my DPS Jugg I've been trying on

How would you say she compares to Mako? (anyone) BH Companion heals, stuns, kills.

Only have Treek on my Sage so far, and bought her for 1 million credits. Since my Sage is a healer I haven't used Treek in healer stance yet. But even in tank stance she helps healing us up outside of a fight. That is a nice surprise.

As a tank she is great fun. Far better personality than the 2 tanks us Consulars get. I hated those 2. Always used Nadia instead, but Treek is now my default companion. Some of her oneliners are just awesome :D Also conjuring an Ewok Glider out of thin air to jump to an enemy. Healing with bolas. Kudos to Bioware. They have really done a good job.

Will I be unlocking Treek for the rest of my characters? Yes. Will do so when my 600 monthly coins come in. My Mara can really use a nice healer companion, not that backstabber of a Quinn.

Only downside I can think of was the fact that Treek comes with level 10 armor mods. So I had to pay a bit more then just the 1 million to get her to upgrade her. But well worth it. :)

I believe I recently worked out math that showed 1,000,000 credits can be had for somewhere around $11 worth of cartel coins, which I think is somewhere around 1100 cartel coins.

If you want to work a bit (buy gambling packs, post unopened to GTN, wait), you might be able to get it for less than 2800 coins.