New FPs: HM Overtuned, SM Too Easy?

they not hard 2 maned bouth hm with companions today tanky jug necroscop and heal papa-roach on my heal was there first time necro done it once before we had few wipes only cos i didint budder to read up or watch vid with tack so was lerning as we go

i so miss li 1.0 only fp i didint minde runing all the time it was a chalange to fini**** in pug

Edited by Brutal

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another big fan of LI 1.0 here. I adored the challenge that flashpoint offered, and I was hoping the Czerka FPs would be similar(they are not. They are slightly more punishing than the other HM 55s). It'll be nice to have a little more variety in the HM 55 queue, but PLEASE Bioware, make the next flashpoint more like LI.

funny story about lost island. even after extensive nerfs and ability to run it at lvl 55, I STILl see people drop group the moment they see what they got as a random.

I'm not against bioware adding something of that difficulty, however - if they do, I'd rather they didn't add it to the same pull of 55hm flashpoints we have right now, and kept it separate, the way they did with LI prior to expansion and nerfs.

one person's fun challenge is another person's this is way too hard and not fun.

there's a reason we have story, hard and nightmare mode operations. because people come in variety of skills and not everyone enjoys the same difficulty.

So some guildies and I tried the new FPs last night, and since they're in the same Group Finder tier as the previous 55 HMs, we decided to jump straight into the HM versions in order to knock out part of that weekly at the same time. To be blunt, we got our butts kicked, so we downgraded to the SM versions just so we could clear the CZ-198 weekly. To be honest, we kinda felt insulted by the transition.

1. The SM modes are for 2 ppl groups.

2. The new FP are still easy in HM.

I'm LOLing at people finding that "LI 1.0" used to be hard when the only and only one tricky part was understanding the mechanics... oh like any other FPs. I mean that you cannot seriously tell me that interrupting Incinerate is hard? that dropping the electric fields away from people is hard? that running under Sav-Rak when he's going to smash is hard? that staying behind Lorrick to avoid the grenades is hard? and so on...

Running LI with a PUG was likely to end badly because most people would be undergeared idiots who 1. didn't know the mechanics 2. wouldn't understand the mechanics once explained (we all got that one guy who was still standing around helplessly when Sav-Rak prepared to smash and then asked what happened... though we made it clear to run under the boss).

It's exactly what's happening with these new flashpoints (I keep asking people to drop the electric fields on the outer wall in the Vigilant fight yet almost every time there is someone who just stands here in the middle with a blue circle underneath and who won't move - and the next thing you know the whole place is a cluster of AOE). And I'm starting to get sick of tanks with less HP than my DPS companions.

Edited by demotivator

I think the new flashpoints are way too easy. Granted the group I went with is almost all full Underworld but we did both FPs on HM in a little over 30 minutes.

Bioware seriously need to think about the challenge they give to there player base by providing us with different mechanics from SM to HM or even give NiM versions on flashpoints

I'm LOLing at people finding that "LI 1.0" used to be hard when the only and only one tricky part was understanding the mechanics... oh like any other FPs. I mean that you cannot seriously tell me that interrupting Incinerate is hard? that dropping the electric fields away from people is hard? that running under Sav-Rak when he's going to smash is hard? that staying behind Lorrick to avoid the grenades is hard? and so on...

Running LI with a PUG was likely to end badly because most people would be undergeared idiots who 1. didn't know the mechanics 2. wouldn't understand the mechanics once explained (we all got that one guy who was still standing around helplessly when Sav-Rak prepared to smash and then asked what happened... though we made it clear to run under the boss).

It's exactly what's happening with these new flashpoints (I keep asking people to drop the electric fields on the outer wall in the Vigilant fight yet almost every time there is someone who just stands here in the middle with a blue circle underneath and who won't move - and the next thing you know the whole place is a cluster of AOE). And I'm starting to get sick of tanks with less HP than my DPS companions.

It doesn't matter, you can drop the electric field during Vigilant fight anywhere. LI 1.0 was unforgiving if you ignored mechanics, these new FPs are completely forgiving, and therein lies the issue. In LI 1.0 I actually had to heal, here I am DPS-ing most of the time ... in fact, the only time I'm actually healing in these new FPs is during trash in one of those rehashed ones that came in 2.0. I hope in another year's time I'll get an FP in which I have to heal :rolleyes:

I ran the new HMs yesterday. One shotted both. About 20 minutes each. What a disappointment. I miss the old LI. That was a great flashpoint to learn mechanics in. We need some tougher content to run during the week. A new flashpoint in its own tier again that likeminded people who want a challenge can q for.

they not hard 2 maned bouth hm with companions today tanky jug necroscop and heal papa-roach on my heal was there first time necro done it once before we had few wipes only cos i didint budder to read up or watch vid with tack so was lerning as we go

i so miss li 1.0 only fp i didint minde runing all the time it was a chalange to fini**** in pug

Did anyone understand a word of this? Complete jibberish.

Alright, my two creds on these flashpoints. First we had everyone in full 69's if not better in the case of our healer, he did admit he had been having some lag issues, but this is what I observed.

Core-meltdown to me seemed to have had no major changes from story-mode and aside from one trash pull turning bad due to a mix of spike and healer lag it was a one-shot.

That being said this is what I observed for labs. At the first boss we had two melee DPS, while both could more or less stand in the electrified water for a bit of time without incident it meant that the healer had to work a little bit hard. Added to the fact that the healer was always hit by the grapple from the droid during mid channel and it became a problem. We had a commando healer who only got pulled in during the last quarter of channeled casts as if the AI governing the grapple was waiting for that. It looked like he was pulled even through hold the line several times. More or less this meant that if he was pulled in, and the adds spawned it was likely he'd drop dead too quickly for us to do anything given our two melee dps wouldn't be able to hit the mobs without diving into the electrified water and again making the healer's work harder. I think the adds getting some initial cast would help this issue.

The other issue being that as the adds need to leave the electrified water and the melee DPS not being able to stay on the boss if the healer needs people to play it safe that the enrage timer might be hard to beat for 'casual' level players. People who aren't the best of the best in terms of DPS output, but still can manage to beat enrage timers normally expected of the gear level. It seems as if this is just another case of DPS issues where two average or lower ranged DPS wouldn't have a problem, but two average to good melee DPS is a major issue for the casual player.

People already QQing about the new HM's being to hard? Lmfao! They are easy. I que up into PUGs where the tank sucks, the DPS is horrible and as a healer I can carry them. If people are having problems with the new HM FPs than do not que up for them because obviously you are baddies. All the bosses drop Black Market gear while the last boss drops a Arkanian Implant, Black Market piece and a rep trophy. If the QQers want this nerfed than make the bosses drop crap gear like the other HM 55's. Edited by Renata_Roselli

People are missing the point with the difficulty of these FPs.

These FPs are designed so ppl just dinged 55 could clear these FPs, hint the gear requirement is lvl 62 (148). The question is not are these FPs challenging while am wearing lvl 69/72 gear; they are not. The question is can people in lvl 62 gear clear this content, without going above and beyond, similar to the other 55 HM FPs? No, thus they are overturned to lvl 62 gear.

You one shotted everything in your 72 gear. Join the club. Could you even do these 2 FPs in black hole gear (146)? No.. and that's where the difficulty need to be.

bollocks

Me (DD marauder) and my friend Healer (Sorcerer) ran both HM flashpoints, only the 2 of us, labs - 2 tries for 1st boss, 2 tries for 2nd boss and 1st try end boss. (not hard at all)

Other one was even easier, no wipes at all.

These FP's are easy as hell.

At the first boss we had two melee DPS, while both could more or less stand in the electrified water for a bit of time without incident it meant that the healer had to work a little bit hard..

The first basic rule of any MMO - DONT STAND IN THE AOE. Electric water - AOE. Not sure why you are standing there when it is clear that during this phase (and boss have a channel before it) all should run out of the water. Every second «electric water» phase the adds come. While they hit relativelly hard they are squishly and easilly killed.

These FPs are designed so ppl just dinged 55 could clear these FPs, hint the gear requirement is lvl 62 (148). The question is not are these FPs challenging while am wearing lvl 69/72 gear; they are not. The question is can people in lvl 62 gear clear this content, without going above and beyond, similar to the other 55 HM FPs? No, thus they are overturned to lvl 62 gear.

You one shotted everything in your 72 gear. Join the club. Could you even do these 2 FPs in black hole gear (146)? No.. and that's where the difficulty need to be.

These FPs are not designed for people that just dinged 55, but people that are good and just dinged 55, or people that took their time and are in mostly Basic gear.

What a horrible and misguided design, then. It's been over 4 months since the release of 2.0, it takes you a few days (if you play really slowly) to get to 55 and 2.0 already released four 55 FPs designed for those who got to 55.

What a horrible and misguided design, then. It's been over 4 months since the release of 2.0, it takes you a few days (if you play really slowly) to get to 55 and 2.0 already released four 55 FPs designed for those who got to 55.

So you want new content only for you... who cares about altoholics (largest base of game community of story based game), who cares for new players, who cares of those that cannot play more than 4h a week & so on?

There was so many whines over PTS that new FPs had to be NM modes directly, not accessible without at least 72 gear ... nothing new here.

For basic geared WG tank ... 3 normal ads & boss in new ones hit harder than 8 silver short ones & boss in Cademimu (have to try this again to see is it happen again or was some kind of bug) - I don't see them on same level.

Initial geared Commando 23K HP is 2 hit short of any boss AOE and if you get bad luck to be pulled second time (or tank move boss in your way due to spores/generators mechanics) before hold the line cool down expire - group is short with 1 DPS (reduction from shield is not enough - tried)... same with healer & so on.

Not that with same Commando didn't cleared them... but to rely on RNG to succeed reminds about feedback from Shadow/Assassin tanks after 2.0 hit.

I'd like to take some responsibility for the issues some of you have faced in the HM Czerka FPs; on the PTS I went through Czerka Corporate Labs on my Hybrid Vanguard (same 2/22/22 as on live) with Treek, then a scoundrel healer and their companion.

We smashed through it, and the next day it was taken down and buffed. I'm very sorry for the pain and anguish you have since suffered and will attempt to begin to rectify this situation by not laughing at you for wiping in group finder content.

:p

In all seriousness (though I did 2-man the **** out of that) the HPS requirements seem a little high, and for the droid fight in Corporate Labs the adds are punishing if left alive for more than 5 seconds. For the Security Chief he kicks the crap out of anyone who doesn't run out of the red ground AoE (plasma grenade?) in under 1 second, to the tune of 29k in one hit for medium & light armour. That is utterly ridiculous and reflects how bad the staff are at fight balancing.

In Core Meltdown, both bio dome fights have one poorly designed mechanic: for the wannabe Dash'roode, the sandstorm probably does a little too much damage considering that not every class can counter the slow effectively enough to move to the next generator in a tight grouping to encourage AoE healing (particularly commando/merc heals).

For the other fight, the knock back is fine but perhaps a tad to frequent for the tank to really get control after the de-buff item is used.

I think I may have also helped get Treek a little nerfed. So sad. :(

These FPs are not designed for people that just dinged 55, but people that are good and just dinged 55, or people that took their time and are in mostly Basic gear.

Well, the other 55 HM FPs are much easier. Why? They provide same rewards and are put in the same difficulty per BW (148). Note that the difficulty per BW assumes you are not augged and you don't use the class at 100% efficiency. After all the 55 HM FPs are doable in 140-146 gear. Are the new ones doable with the same level of gear? No. Then they are overturned for their level requirement.

The fact that people in 72/69 gear one shot it, or we need more challenging content, etc... Is irrelevant. The only question is are they on the same level of the other 55 HM FPs or not.

Edited by Ottoattack