7 days early and 5 waves, bravo

Aisar

With the number of servers running there is no reason they don't have 500K logged on and playing right now.

What they have maybe 1K people on each server? That isn't a launch!

They know their severs are not capable for a full launch and they won't be up once we are 3-4days in.

Get ready for the crashes and locked out accounts, don't forget corrupt characters.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

~100k invites out today. ~900k to go.

No, we will not all be in soon. And they are NOT starting earlier. This morning they started at 7am eastern. Tomorrow it's at 9am.

Where is this "magical" 100,000 invites number coming from?

Dont worry about the mass of people complaining. Im sure that will work itself out, since ya'll are awesome and stuff.

If I was Bioware I'd ignore them too. BW's not their babysitters and if they can't read or have ADHD and need to vent badly it's hardly BW's problem.

Edited by DrAidennwitz

Congrats Bioware ... 5 "waves" in one day. Ya'll are awesome ... how many days till you finish? It is nice to see a developer who puts the needs of the community first. I mean the fact that there are pages on pages of raging customers on your forums shouldnt put a dampner on the awesome job you are doing. I hope your managers bought you lunch or got you ice cream for the OUTSTANDING job ya'll are doing.

Dont worry about the mass of people complaining. Im sure that will work itself out, since ya'll are awesome and stuff.

They are just weeding out the real *******. Props for that.

Congrats Bioware ... 5 "waves" in one day. Ya'll are awesome ... how many days till you finish? It is nice to see a developer who puts the needs of the community first. I mean the fact that there are pages on pages of raging customers on your forums shouldnt put a dampner on the awesome job you are doing. I hope your managers bought you lunch or got you ice cream for the OUTSTANDING job ya'll are doing.

Man there were people complaining when they moved it up to 7 days.

Seriously. These were some of the complaints. "Bioware, I took off on the 15th! How could you do this to meeee!" I'm dead serious. People were complaining that they prepared for the 15th and Bioware decided to give them 2 extra days.

I don't always agree with Bioware, but meh my feeling in EGA is withheld. If they can give everyone 5-4 days then Bravo. If not then they are paranoid of their servers crashing.

The Staggering isn’t based on “date” it is based on “percentage” and they have said that the biggest chunk of pre orders happened the first few days, so it’s not a “snails pace”. If you read any of the devs posts you would understand that fact.

Also the stress test during the beta was first of all staggered…and had more to do with distributing players evenly among servers as well as worlds in each server. The “Server Full” people are seeing is artificial as Bioware is trying to control population as people enter the game.

We are on the first of a 7 day early access privilege that was announced as “Up to 5 days” Key words there is the “Up to”, Devs have stated that people will have a minimum of 2 days.

Doing some quick math if you figure they are going to stagger 5 days, that is 20% of pre orders a day, with 4 planned waves a day. So the fact that they managed to get 5 waves out today means they most likely have about 25% of pre orders in.

The Staggering isn’t based on “date” it is based on “percentage” and they have said that the biggest chunk of pre orders happened the first few days, so it’s not a “snails pace”. If you read any of the devs posts you would understand that fact.

Also the stress test during the beta was first of all staggered…and had more to do with distributing players evenly among servers as well as worlds in each server. The “Server Full” people are seeing is artificial as Bioware is trying to control population as people enter the game.

We are on the first of a 7 day early access privilege that was announced as “Up to 5 days” Key words there is the “Up to”, Devs have stated that people will have a minimum of 2 days.

Doing some quick math if you figure they are going to stagger 5 days, that is 20% of pre orders a day, with 4 planned waves a day. So the fact that they managed to get 5 waves out today means they most likely have about 25% of pre orders in.

Read the entire thread and you'll see I already explained why I said it's moving slowly.

I figured I would post something that is logical and stuff. Not only did Bioware up the invite date 2 days, they got 5 waves in on the first day. That's a lot more than i was expecting. Keep it up guys!

CRY ME A RIVER lol. Life's not fair, help won't come. Get a helmet.

Well clearly, but it'd be nice to know if anyone from August got in, or if they still haven't finished up the July people.

That's ~100k people. Considering they have nearly a million more to go, it isn't a lot.

That's not a valid excuse; try again.

You seriously think they only managed to get 100k people in today?

Have you even done the maths based on people per server?

There are over 100 servers for todays launch, many of them are full.

100k/100 = 1k players per server... thats not even close to filling an mmo server. Thats the numbers DaoC used to have back in the day.

The biggest pre-order cluster was during the first few days, there was a million pre-orders accounted for in the US only. They have opened the servers for both US and EU pre-orders today. Thats alot more than 100k during today. I'm suprised if its not more than even 500k. That would atleast mean 5k players per server, some more, some less.

Remember that during the last betas there werent even close too 100 servers but millions playing, all servers were full. How would 100k fill more servers than millions did with fewer servers? :confused:

I'm thinking that wave 6-x tomorrow will bring most if not all that are left into early access, maybe leaving the end of nov and the dec orders for the 15th.

~100k invites out today. ~900k to go.

No, we will not all be in soon. And they are NOT starting earlier. This morning they started at 7am eastern. Tomorrow it's at 9am.

The final wave of emails have been sent. We will be sending another wave tomorrow starting at 8am CST.

Thats an hour later than today. Yes, that's early.

You seriously think they only managed to get 100k people in today?

Have you even done the maths based on people per server?

There are over 100 servers for todays launch, many of them are full.

100k/100 = 1k players per server... thats not even close to filling an mmo server. Thats the numbers DaoC used to have back in the day.

The biggest pre-order cluster was during the first few days, there was a million pre-orders accounted for in the US only. They have opened the servers for both US and EU pre-orders today. Thats alot more than 100k during today. I'm suprised if its not more than even 500k. That would atleast mean 5k players per server, some more, some less.

Remember that during the last betas there werent even close too 100 servers but millions playing, all servers were full. How would 100k fill more servers than millions did with fewer servers? :confused:

I'm thinking that wave 6-x tomorrow will bring most if not all that are left into early access, maybe leaving the end of nov and the dec orders for the 15th.

I see you spent a lot of time writting that out.

I'm afraid to tell you that none of the servers are full, and the pre-order numbers for the first week in July was about 119k to be more accurate.

Edited by AkilZodiac

I think Bioware shouldn't have sent out any invites today. They said 5 days early, and by putting people in 7 days early, instead of people being excited, people are pissed off! Are you guys serious? Why are you so angry you didn't get in 2 days before the process was supposed to begin? People will get mad at anything. I didn't get in, and I'm not pissed at all. I'm grateful I even get the opportunity to play early, whether I get in tomorrow or the 18th, I don't care, it's before it's release date.

People need to caaaallllmmm down. Whining isn't gonna fix anything, it just makes you look like a little girl.

Woah woah woah, guys. Put the speeder in park/hover/idle whatever. Let's think about this.

Hard I know.

The news had a lot of "maybe"s and "probably"s. None of this was set into stone. What we DO know was the time you get in the determined on your preorder date. Well.... They did not say relative to what.

earlier ordered, earlier in, yes?

Well maybe earlier in the month has a higher chance to be part of a random "handful" that gets sprinkled in according to each wave.

5 waves; 5 months. I would say it's at the very least fair to assume july orders get in wave 1, august sprinkled in wave 2, sept sprinkled in wave 3, oct wave 4, nov wave 5... etc.

Remember, they never promised us our dates. They only allowed us to assume we are getting in based on our own rumored evidence.

Also, take a chill pill guys. To my knowledge BW has never been in charge of an MMO, cut them some slack at least until the game actually releases. THEN you may release the rancors.