Please unsticky the "How to be a contender!" post

theSCARAYone

/signed

Most of it is completely useless, but the WZ guides might still help people.

The devs should writeup a new thread themselves, detailing how bolster works and how to advance your gear/explore gearing options with bolster in place. Including a "mathy" explanation wouldn't hurt either.

Or maybe the Devs are just too busy to take a couple hours out of their week to communicate with their players?

Edited by So-low

New guide!

How to be a contender. v2.0

-LolBolster = win!

Gear= irrelevant

Skill= irrelevant

To make sure you get the most out of LolBolster, be sure to stand within range of a healer at all times.

1-Bolster

2-healer

3-????

4-profit!

People still grasp onto the belief that gear outshines skill.

I know, crazy right?

No, he even wrote gear is irrelevant, so the bolster must be playing the game for some people ;)

Now they can't roflstomp new players because of the gear gap anymore so a lot of them have to consider that they could be not as good as they thought

Edited by Never_Hesitate

How exactly does the bolster make skill irrelevant? :rolleyes:

There is some skill involved in accumulation of gear and theorycrafting on certain builds, most are now thrown out the window because of bolster and removing the DR on EXP.

There is some skill involved in accumulation of gear and theorycrafting on certain builds, most are now thrown out the window because of bolster and removing the DR on EXP.

So...Bolster made min/maxing obsolete? Because I'm pretty sure it didn't.

Not sure how a DR curve on expertise made skill a requirement in getting it. It came in higher amounts on better gear, you just kept putting the next tier of gear on. Srs bsns skillzorz rite thar.

So...Bolster made min/maxing obsolete? Because I'm pretty sure it didn't.

Not sure how a DR curve on expertise made skill a requirement in getting it. It came in higher amounts on better gear, you just kept putting the next tier of gear on. Srs bsns skillzorz rite thar.

Skilled players min/max faster and was definitely a quantifiable difference. Now, PvP gear isn't a requirements, so yes, in a sense min/max is obsolete.

Removing the DR was an indirect casue of skill being somewhat irrelevant now as well simply because it was the major reason why healing is out of control. Mistakes are outhealed, which removes a lot of the ability to even judge skill.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Skilled players min/max faster and was definitely a quantifiable difference. Now, PvP gear isn't a requirements, so yes, in a sense min/max is obsolete.

Removing the DR was an indirect casue of skill being somewhat irrelevant now as well simply because it was the major reason why healing is out of control. Mistakes are outhealed, which removes a lot of the ability to even judge skill.

I don't know about you but I still min/max my PvP gear. Because I don't want to be bad.

Healing is strong at the moment because of the balance changes in 2.0, if they wanted to bring it back down they'd simply need to tweak the healing values at maximum expertise. We might see that in 2.4, but I don't think it's "out of control" at the moment.

I don't know about you but I still min/max my PvP gear. Because I don't want to be bad.

Healing is strong at the moment because of the balance changes in 2.0, if they wanted to bring it back down they'd simply need to tweak the healing values at maximum expertise. We might see that in 2.4, but I don't think it's "out of control" at the moment.

Lol so I'm bad cause I'm not min/max. Did you calc your min/max increase? It's small enought to be alomst irrelevant..

+

When average hps, outpaces average DPS in objective based WZ, its out of control. The ninja 5% healing buff had versus class balance stuff. I would suspect most mercs have not had much in the way of balancing done, but are now outpacing the strongest DPS classes currently..

But back to my main point, because of these things, skill is somewhat irrelevant and boils down to button mashing in most situations.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Oh wait, 2.4 will change ALL of that!

oh you mean when the stupid pve community get more content every *********** patch the pve players get something the pvp should get equal ammoutn of content and hte pvp sideo f thigns should get all the content untill it is equal with the ammount of pve sh it