I'm having swtor withdrawal!

ImmortalLowlife

So my 12yr old daughter is going to the 7th grade this year. She already knows she wants to take AP science. (My lil brainiac :D) So I sent her my laptop that I had been playing swtor on, & ordered myself a computer that can best be described as a "liquid cooled beast!" Unfortunately i miss timed it & haven't been able to play swtor for almost a week. It won't be here till Saturday....:confused:

drops mic & continues playing saints row 2 on the Xbox360

I had to take a 5 day break for some surgery last week. It sucked seeing the computer not 5 feet away but not being able to sit in the chair for very long to play it. Oh, and the pain meds...those would have made it AWESOME too...

There, I fixed it for you. :D

So my 12yr old daughter is going to the 7th grade this year. She already knows she wants to take AP science. (My lil brainiac :D) So I sent her my laptop that I had been playing swtor on, & ordered myself a computer that can best be described as a "liquid cooled beast!" Unfortunately i miss timed it & haven't been able to play swtor for almost a week. It won't be here till Saturday....:confused:

I feel your pain, I haven't been on since Nov and won't be on until mid Dec..... Looking forward to getting back into the game!!!:o

So glad SR4 is still being made and comes out at the end of the month!

It is if you live in a neighborhood where it's more dangerous to be outside than inside. Welcome to Memphis, TN.....5th most dangerous city in the United States.

"Orange Mound vet"

You're correct...I don't know your situation. However, being away for a few days, even weeks, shouldn't cause you any anxiety. It's ok to be excited/anxious about playing again...just don't let it ever become more than a game.

And...lock your doors...and windows.

You're correct...I don't know your situation. However, being away for a few days, even weeks, shouldn't cause you any anxiety. It's ok to be excited/anxious about playing again...just don't let it ever become more than a game.

Just to be clear, I'm NOT actually going thru "sitting in a corner shaking ex crackhead" withdrawals.... it's a figure of speech. Anxiety.....no.....anticipation on playing swtor on MAX graphics settings with bloom & everything turned on after playing for nearly a year on "extra very low & still gets laggy" settings.....OH YEA!!!

It is if you live in a neighborhood where it's more dangerous to be outside than inside. Welcome to Memphis, TN.....5th most dangerous city in the United States.

"Orange Mound vet"

I'm disappointed every time I go there that the good BBQ places are out of town. Also that I can't bring an armored car with me in the city.

Sounds like you'll have a bad *** battlestation when you're up and running though. Mine's only partially liquid cooled so will relinquish The Deathstar comp. name if you choose it.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I'm disappointed every time I go there that the good BBQ places are out of town. Also that I can't bring an armored car with me in the city.

Sounds like you'll have a bad *** battlestation when you're up and running though. Mine's only partially liquid cooled so will relinquish The Deathstar comp. name if you choose it.

The best bbq in the city imo is at Corkys on Poplar....I go at least twice a month lol & thanks but u can keep Deathstar... I've already named it "Abeloth...the chaos bringer" :cool:

Specs:

- Intel Core i7 3930K CPU

- 16GB 1866MHz Memory

- 2x SLI NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB

- Custom Liquid Cooling

- 240GB Corsair Neutron GTX SSD

- 1TB 7200RPM Storage HDD

- ASUS X79 Chipset Motherboard

- 1200W Corsair AX1200i PSU

- Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer

- Microsoft Windows 7

Fair enough...

Of course, I'm currently drooling over the $16k "Dream Machine" issue of MaximumPC...

$16 k for a PC phew , I have seen such machines but never thought of getting one. I upgraded my PC after about 7 months of playing SWTOR on low everything. You will be pleased OP. Not too long until Saturday.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

$16 k for a PC phew , I have seen such machines but never thought of getting one. I upgraded my PC after about 7 months of playing SWTOR on low everything. You will be pleased OP. Not too long until Saturday.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

It's overkill in the extreme. The monitor is 3800 alone and it runs 4 Titans in SLI...which I can't imagine actually needing unless you feel that your best gaming experience only comes at 140 FPS...

WOW! That's more than I paid for BOTH my cars lol. 140Fps would be VERY VERY NICE, but that $16k price tag would end my marriage LMAO

Yeah...

But it does give a nice idea of "top end" when money is no object. Sadly, money always seems to be an object which is why I end up with those "price-break" systems which have done just fine but aren't as smexy...

gonna be hillarious when this guy goes to play swtor on his shiny new optimal setup and realizes that the game runs like crap even on nice rigs. Im sure he will experience fps pickup unless he does massive world pvp or 16m raiding with a ton of aoe. Probably going to make the issues with combat more noticeable though.

• 2 weeks later...
gonna be hillarious when this guy goes to play swtor on his shiny new optimal setup and realizes that the game runs like crap even on nice rigs. Im sure he will experience fps pickup unless he does massive world pvp or 16m raiding with a ton of aoe. Probably going to make the issues with combat more noticeable though.

Nope, got it on MAX graphic settings & hooked into a 50" Sony flatscreen with a monster hdmi cable, & except for a slight hiccup on fleet which only last about 6-10 seconds after I arrive, it runs super smooth.... and I'm a solo player on a PvE server who doesn't care about raiding, NiM, HM, PvP or any of that. Lol I've even gotten to the point where I solo FP's after I over lvl em by 10lvls or so. So u keep laughing, I'm grinning like tha joker