Switch Tracer and Fusion Missile's animations.

escalantevincent

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, please. I look so funny bending over the majority of my existence.

Or, another option, change Heatseeker and Tracer missle. That way the animation change is contained only in the Merc tree.

The only problem heatseeker is instant, that's why fusion missile would be better

Honestly, it does look kind of silly whenever I use tracer missile. I always think to my self "What, does my BH have to take a poo or something?"

Fusion missile has more of a "Suck on this, you lightsaber wielding tightwad!" feeling to it. The laser thing is a tad discouraging though.

Anyone playing an Arsenal spec Merc can agree that the animation for Tracer Missile blows. It's not that the animation itself is bad, but...we spam the heck out of Tracer so our BH is constantly bent over, which looks stupid. I think the easiest fix, so Bioware does not have to make a new animation or anything like that, is to simply switch the casting animations of Tracer and Fusion missile. I think the animation for Fusion makes much more sense for Tracer, and vice versa.

Ok went out and deliberately looked at the fusion missile effect and I like this idea. Much better than the bend over effect where you are never quite sure where the missile is supposed to fly out of.

Yes! Please change these animations. I almost abandoned* my hunter because the animation + sound is driving me nuts when I am more or less forced to spam that ability. The proposed switch works very well in my opinion.

* I didnt abandon it because lets face it, BH is awesome

Gonna have to agree with this one. Fusion should be the bent over jet pack missile. And tracer should be laser pointed from the wrist. Just makes more sense on so many levels. Tracer gets spammed so it really should have fusions animation.

:csw_fett:YES PLEASE!:csw_fett:

I've been seriously pondering to reroll, because I didn't like the prospect of being bent over for my entire existence as a Mercenary.

This proposal would require minimal effort from Bioware and make SO many BH's happy I'm sure.

Or make an entirely new animation where a mini rocket launcher appears at the shoulder or SOMETHING. Anything that doesn't make me look at the ground for the majority of a fight. It reminds me of a friend who always looks for pennies when we're on the street...

(in essence not a /signed post, I'm stressing why I personally want this change super bad!)

I agree completely that the FM animation is a much better spammed animation feel. I think Mr. Zoeller has stated before the forum wipe that he agreed that it should/could be swapped. I sorta hoped that it would be changed for launch and am sad to see it is not. I didn't think it would be that hard to swap them, but I'm not sure how the engine they use is built so there's no telling.

Totally agree.

As is the animation for Tracer actually looks more like an area type attack and would be more fitting as Fusion Missile. Same applies with Fusion Missile's animation, it looks more like a single target guided missile attack which would be more fitting for Tracer Missile.

Oh and while were at lets talk names of Healing Scan and Rapid Scan. Those should be switched too. Like come on Rapid Scan is not rapid at all yet Healing Scan is. So they should switch the names on those spells.

Totally agree.

As is the animation for Tracer actually looks more like an area type attack and would be more fitting as Fusion Missile. Same applies with Fusion Missile's animation, it looks more like a single target guided missile attack which would be more fitting for Tracer Missile.

Oh and while were at lets talk names of Healing Scan and Rapid Scan. Those should be switched too. Like come on Rapid Scan is not rapid at all yet Healing Scan is. So they should switch the names on those spells.

I keep hearing this and the reason is rapid scan doesn't have a cooldown so you can use it rapidly

I also agree that fusion missile and tracer missile should be fixed. Personally I hope that the bend over squat attack is altogether removed because I feel silly attacking anyone with it.

I agree that the fusion missile is one of the best animations, and I feel like the laser isn't really a big deal. I appreciate it in fact. If someone has time to trace back my fusion missile to me, it just means they'll take the rail shot to the forehead instead.

Too bad Grav Roud looks silly too. A little slip of blue coming out of a massive cannon as your main attack? One of the many style reasons I chose Bounty Hunter.

Switching the animations makes a ton of sense if you look at it from an equipment point of view.

1) You are using a missile that is supposed to help you target. Lasers and targetting sights for the Fusion missile to the Tracer missile make perfect sense, as it is assisting your aiming.

2) Missiles in your wrist slot are smaller and more numerous, versus big ones in your jetpack. Thus the longer cooldown missile should be in the jetpack, and the no cooldown one should be in the wrist launcher.

3) The end animation for Tracer Missile (the big explosion) makes more sense tied to an aoe effect (Fusion Missile) as it affects multiple enemies and the animation would show that, where as now it just shows a small explosion.

4) Multiple launchings of Tracer Missile would work great with the current animation of Fusion Missile, as the laser targeting would stay up and it would appear as if you are just launching missile after missile. Where as with the current animation you do a minor stand up before starting the cast of the next missile. I would say that the animation wouldn't be so bad if it didnt have this minor up/down move. If he took an knee and it looked like he was launching mortars out of his back it would be more immersive and less grating.

It is a win win for both attacks as they both get animated more along the lines of the type of attack they are. Spammy single target attack? Tracer Missile launched from the Wrist makes perfect sense. More powerful AOE attack that is on a cooldown? Fusion Missile from the jetpack would look great for that, as the only problem most people have with the animation is it looks horrible when spammed. When you only cast it once it looks great, like all of the BH animations do.

Hopefully Bioware reads this thread and realizes this is an important point as Tracer Missile is the most important attack for an Arsenal Merc.

Too bad Grav Roud looks silly too. A little slip of blue coming out of a massive cannon as your main attack? One of the many style reasons I chose Bounty Hunter.

Switching the animations makes a ton of sense if you look at it from an equipment point of view.

1) You are using a missile that is supposed to help you target. Lasers and targetting sights for the Fusion missile to the Tracer missile make perfect sense, as it is assisting your aiming.

2) Missiles in your wrist slot are smaller and more numerous, versus big ones in your jetpack. Thus the longer cooldown missile should be in the jetpack, and the no cooldown one should be in the wrist launcher.

3) The end animation for Tracer Missile (the big explosion) makes more sense tied to an aoe effect (Fusion Missile) as it affects multiple enemies and the animation would show that, where as now it just shows a small explosion.

4) Multiple launchings of Tracer Missile would work great with the current animation of Fusion Missile, as the laser targeting would stay up and it would appear as if you are just launching missile after missile. Where as with the current animation you do a minor stand up before starting the cast of the next missile. I would say that the animation wouldn't be so bad if it didnt have this minor up/down move. If he took an knee and it looked like he was launching mortars out of his back it would be more immersive and less grating.

It is a win win for both attacks as they both get animated more along the lines of the type of attack they are. Spammy single target attack? Tracer Missile launched from the Wrist makes perfect sense. More powerful AOE attack that is on a cooldown? Fusion Missile from the jetpack would look great for that, as the only problem most people have with the animation is it looks horrible when spammed. When you only cast it once it looks great, like all of the BH animations do.

Hopefully Bioware reads this thread and realizes this is an important point as Tracer Missile is the most important attack for an Arsenal Merc.

QFT. When I compared both missile animations the first time, I instantly knew that the way Fusion Missile looked would be the way Tracer Missile should be, I mean it's all about target acquisition, target lock and then when you have it unleash Heatseeker Missiles. Please swap the animations, it should not be hard as you could just swap the reference to the animation+sound, the assets are all there, both are fitted for cast time, too, just swap the links to the skills.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.