Switch Tracer and Fusion Missile's animations.

escalantevincent

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO. My Pyrotech never wants to squat down....ever. If you want it changed then cut the 'taking a poo' animation and just use wrist mounted for both.

Since I have switched from Arsenal to Pyrotech a few weeks ago (the animation being one part of the reason), I agree, they should rather get rid of the animation entirely.

Edited by Mephane

I understand not liking that animation but please please no early warning in pvp (target graphics on intended target and red laser pointer) ... i mean really, in pvp this will be horrid,

make a new animation, do not use the one that lets people put up sheilds and pre heals (or do LOS) because the "know it is coming"

sick of typing it so i will just quote myself

/Unsigned

Its fine as it is, since the missile is heavy you carry it on your back then fire it through your wrist pad

Aeh, thats wrong. The fusionmissile is the heavy thing. It explodes on contact, has an aoe effekt and leaves some dots on targets. Tracermissile just make a little boom and leaves a debuff.

read in the dev tracker that patch 1.2 will add various new animations

Let's hope Tracer Missile will be one of them

and if i am right the 1.2 patch is the one they announced for like march or something?

Only read something about Trooper getting some new animations but mainly animation fixes.

Where did you read your info exactly?

Surely hoping TM to get a new animation....and fusion missile is the perfect animation for it.

Too bad Grav Roud looks silly too. A little slip of blue coming out of a massive cannon as your main attack? One of the many style reasons I chose Bounty Hunter.

Switching the animations makes a ton of sense if you look at it from an equipment point of view.

1) You are using a missile that is supposed to help you target. Lasers and targetting sights for the Fusion missile to the Tracer missile make perfect sense, as it is assisting your aiming.

2) Missiles in your wrist slot are smaller and more numerous, versus big ones in your jetpack. Thus the longer cooldown missile should be in the jetpack, and the no cooldown one should be in the wrist launcher.

3) The end animation for Tracer Missile (the big explosion) makes more sense tied to an aoe effect (Fusion Missile) as it affects multiple enemies and the animation would show that, where as now it just shows a small explosion.

4) Multiple launchings of Tracer Missile would work great with the current animation of Fusion Missile, as the laser targeting would stay up and it would appear as if you are just launching missile after missile. Where as with the current animation you do a minor stand up before starting the cast of the next missile. I would say that the animation wouldn't be so bad if it didnt have this minor up/down move. If he took an knee and it looked like he was launching mortars out of his back it would be more immersive and less grating.

It is a win win for both attacks as they both get animated more along the lines of the type of attack they are. Spammy single target attack? Tracer Missile launched from the Wrist makes perfect sense. More powerful AOE attack that is on a cooldown? Fusion Missile from the jetpack would look great for that, as the only problem most people have with the animation is it looks horrible when spammed. When you only cast it once it looks great, like all of the BH animations do.

Hopefully Bioware reads this thread and realizes this is an important point as Tracer Missile is the most important attack for an Arsenal Merc.

I couldn't have said it any better. All of the above reasons are exactly why switching the Tracer Missile and Fusion Missile animations would make both attacks more immersive.

The animation swap would be easy to implement, improves immersion, and eliminates the issue of us having to spend the majority of our fights bent over. Win-Win-Win.

/Support

yes please!

/very signed.

I honestly got tracer for the first time on my merc...and respecced to pyro.

it's that bad IMO. Once in a blue moon for a big AoE with longer CD? sure. Im game with that. First time I saw It I was like, "what did I just see?" took me a second to see she was shooting something out of her back.

Then when I realized this was going to be my main spam? No...I don't think so. I've never had an ability make me want to respec like that.

Especially when you consider the animations between this and fusion. When I think Fusion, I think.... high missile shooting up in the air (like the animation of tracer).

and what do you think of when you see a laser sight pointing at the target? do you think fusion? or....tracer....It's almost like the got the animations backwards!

I like the animation of power shot...a big charge-up and release. I was looking forward to tracer being something as kewl as that...and man, talk about a letdown!

Bio...please note this and look at changing. I kid you not...I've never had any one skill made me want to try a different spec. I feel sorry for my mercs back...and the chiropractor is going to make a mint off of me :(

I agree the animation for tracer missile as well as the sound is a bit annoying to hear over and over. The fact is the arsenal spec requires you to use this ability at least 3 times before any other on every fight just to get the debuffs/buffs in place to use heatseeker/railshot. It deserves a cooler looking animation and I would be fine with the fusion missile one if they don't feel like making a new one from scratch.

as long as people keep bumping this i will keep saying DO NOT CHANGE TRACER AND FUSION...

it is a PVP NIGHTMARE to give people PRE-DAMAGE INDICATORS

a new animation sure, THAT animation NO WAY

we will become the laughing stock of pvp "oh someone is attacking me" ... Preheal, prebubble, run out of LOS

worst idea ever.

• 3 weeks later...
as long as people keep bumping this i will keep saying DO NOT CHANGE TRACER AND FUSION...

it is a PVP NIGHTMARE to give people PRE-DAMAGE INDICATORS

a new animation sure, THAT animation NO WAY

we will become the laughing stock of pvp "oh someone is attacking me" ... Preheal, prebubble, run out of LOS

worst idea ever.

Although not the way I'd of worded it, this is 100% correct.

Fusion Missile Animation becoming Tracer Missile animation is a bad move for PvP'ers. They should of giving a new animation to Tracer Missile instead of being lazy and just switching them around.

"Oh I've a red laser sight on me, time to cast a heal in anticipation of being hit by a Tracer Missile."

Edited by Paralassa
content

Although not the way I'd of worded it, this is 100% correct.

Fusion Missile Animation becoming Tracer Missile animation is a bad move for PvP'ers. They should of giving a new animation to Tracer Missile instead of being lazy and just switching them around.

"Oh I've a red laser sight on me, time to cast a heal in anticipation of being hit by a Tracer Missile."

Well, it's official. They are switching the animations. Which I'm in favor of, personally. As for the laser in PVP. Well, don't Snipers have to deal with the same thing? And at least with this animation, it's not as apparent what we're doing.. unlike the old animation which anyone in the world could tell and interrupt. Now, you could cast a normal rocket and make someone waste their interrupt and then tracer away.

Edited by Paralassa
removed quoted content

Well, it's official. They are switching the animations. Which I'm in favor of, personally. As for the laser in PVP. Well, don't Snipers have to deal with the same thing? And at least with this animation, it's not as apparent what we're doing.. unlike the old animation which anyone in the world could tell and interrupt. Now, you could cast a normal rocket and make someone waste their interrupt and then tracer away.

I los snipers all the time

trust me the qqing will come, i am retiring my BH to raid only, sorc for pvp and raid, and leveling up my maurauder now that they will be the FOTM.

The Tracer missile animation is my favorite as well as the sound that goes with it. ah well who cares Tera around the corner. prob start playing swtor again when thay spent 8 years catching up to any other mmo out there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.