World PVP on a PVE Server at Relics of the Gree Event. ***

Mackdi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are plenty of people using flagging exploits

Keep on reading this and keep on asking for something....anything to back this claim up with.

An explanation of exactly what happened, what ability was used. Maybe a screen grab.....anything. But no - apparently there are plenty of exploits going on but nobody can explain further.

The problem is, even if you avoid the southern area, people will gank you in non-pvp areas. In two days of this event, I have had three ganks on my pub toon and one on my imp toon. They like to hit when you jump into mobs and either argo your companion or stand in front of you as you are fighting. BW should have never had made event lvl 55 and should control pvp in noncontested areas.

If you don't want to PvP during the Gree event just don't do the two specific PvP quests. They are easy to see they have [PVP Daily] in front of them.

The first time the Gree event launched I ran the basic PvE dailies on 7 characters, did the solo dailies to stockpile enough reputation tokens to hit Legendary status, and wasn't flagged for PvP once.

To ensure this when grouping make sure you don't have a healing companion out, they will get you flagged by healing other PvP flagged players in your group.

Make sure you don't throw down AOE heals or heal those who are PvP flagged.

Don't stray into the southern part of the map.

Worst case scenario respect to a nonheal skill tree so there is no danger of you getting flagged.

I especially love the self righteous comments about how Bioware cant force them to PvP so they wont do the Gree Event.

It just shows how stupid some people are. They announce how dumb they are because they obviously dont realise that on a PvE server you CAN AVOID PVP if you are observant and switched on.

The problem is, even if you avoid the southern area, people will gank you in non-pvp areas. In two days of this event, I have had three ganks on my pub toon and one on my imp toon. They like to hit when you jump into mobs and either argo your companion or stand in front of you as you are fighting. BW should have never had made event lvl 55 and should control pvp in noncontested areas.

How did you get flagged?

You say you were in the Southern area and were ganked.

If you hadn't flagged yourself they nobody could have ganked you. So you made the conscious decision to be flagged and then question being ganked.

BW should have simply not allowed people who get flagged, then killed and the complain to go back to the event!

Did the Gree Event last night, did all except the 2 PVP. Spent the time unflagged easily avoided attacking anyone who was. Not doing the PVP was purely cos it was late and I didn't have time.

I always do all the other quests first before doing the PVP, as I know that there are occasion when you will get ganked it is to be expected. I'm looking forward to the PVP area now as we get the bolster now to make up for the lack of Expertise, so unless I'm outnumbered I should at least stand a chance against a random ganker.

I think some people here should go back to reading the Daily Mail.

The problem most on this forum fail to see with this Gree event is that its isolated to PvE servers. The quests in PvP zone are not PvP quests, they dont require PvP interactions to complete. They give no PvP rewards, quite the the opposite they give PvE rewards, rep.

So then why is a PvE reward with no real PvP quests being held in a open PvP zone on a PvE server where PvP should never be forced onto any part of any PvE quests/events? Answer no good reason but they couldnt make any decent PvP content or quests and just made both PvE and PvP servers the same event out a pure laziness.

The problem most on this forum fail to see with this Gree event is that its isolated to PvE servers. The quests in PvP zone are not PvP quests, they dont require PvP interactions to complete. They give no PvP rewards, quite the the opposite they give PvE rewards, rep.

So then why is a PvE reward with no real PvP quests being held in a open PvP zone on a PvE server where PvP should never be forced onto any part of any PvE quests/events? Answer no good reason but they couldnt make any decent PvP content or quests and just made both PvE and PvP servers the same event out a pure laziness.

They give 800 WZ comms, which is a PvP reward.

They are PvP quests because they take place in a PvP zone. You are not forced to do those two quests, so you are not forced to PvP. And unless there is a "line" system at the pylon you most certainly have a required PvP interaction to complete since you have to defend yourself from others also trying to charge the pylon.

The PvE quests are visibly separated from the PvP quests and if you get flagged and go out into the PvE area you should expect to be attacked...because you are flagged. If you don't want to PvP in the PvE area go to the base and wait 5 minutes to unflag...pretty simple.

Too many people are whining about a non-issue that they can very easily avoid.

Um. Yes they do. They give warzone comms for, you know, pvp gear. There's also achievements aimed especially at killing orb carriers, as well as just killing other players on ilum. Those require killing other players too.

Besides, most of the warzones in this game have a PVE component to them like claiming pylons or planting bombs on the doors. Hell, you don't have to even kill opposing team players to win huttball if you can set up passing chains, and yet no one is claiming that's not pvp.

Um. Yes they do. They give warzone comms for, you know, pvp gear. There's also achievements aimed especially at killing orb carriers, as well as just killing other players on ilum. Those require killing other players too.

Besides, most of the warzones in this game have a PVE component to them like claiming pylons or planting bombs on the doors. Hell, you don't have to even kill opposing team players to win huttball if you can set up passing chains, and yet no one is claiming that's not pvp.

Huttball is not pvp. There, now someone is. :p

Hey, you should probably unflag yourself, only the area that contains [PvP] quests and are specifically marked as PvP are world PvP areas if you're not flagged.

The Gree event is borked, I was not in a PVP zone nor was I flagged for PVP. But when my group was minding our own business killing the droids for PT during the melee myself and 2 other members became flagged and of course there was a group of flagged ****heads already there who took advantage of the situation, I really don't care if I live or die in a game but through all the lag and droids it was nearly impossible to tell what was going in until to late. I agree with the OP if I want to PVP then it should be my choice. I am there for the Gree grind not for PVP. I know this has happened to others there at the Gree as well.. - BW fix this stupid crap.

The Gree event is borked, I was not in a PVP zone nor was I flagged for PVP. But when my group was minding our own business killing the droids for PT during the melee myself and 2 other members became flagged and of course there was a group of flagged ****heads already there who took advantage of the situation, I really don't care if I live or die in a game but through all the lag and droids it was nearly impossible to tell what was going in until to late. I agree with the OP if I want to PVP then it should be my choice. I am there for the Gree grind not for PVP. I know this has happened to others there at the Gree as well.. - BW fix this stupid crap.

So a group of 4 of you were all unflagged, minding your own business.

Then suddenly 3 of you became flagged - even though you'd done absolutely nothing to flag yourself?

Where upon you were ganked?

Nope - sorry. Don't believe any of that (well with the exception of being ganked - but if you were flagged that was always likely to happen).

Edited by Stoofa

So a group of 4 of you were all unflagged, minding your own business.

Then suddenly 3 of you became flagged - even though you'd done absolutely nothing to flag yourself?

Where upon you were ganked?

Nope - sorry. Don't believe any of that (well with the exception of being ganked - but if you were flagged that was always likely to happen).

Probably because you are no PvE player ? Just sayin' ...

clearly the issue is with mixing areas safe for PvE with areas where PvP is possible. This should be corrected such that people who do not wish to be put in a position where they have to fight other players had their chance to enjoy their quests. Clearly that is not happening as there are people abusing existing mechanics. There is no other way to resolve it that clearly draw a line between the two worlds. Of course, this is not intended to be used in PvP locations.

Oh really?

Do those missions require you to kill other players? You know...PvP?

Based on your answer as pvp quest then warzones shouldn't count. Cause all the warzones minus hypergate do not require players to kill other players to complete the warzone.

Its a pvp quest it clearly says pvp. You just upset you actually may have to fight people in order to get it done. Which is exactly what the quest incentives are. Getting people into a contested area and fight. Plain and simple. Use some common sense.

Why were you flagged in the first place?

Well....

I don't have an issue with how they set up. But I won't be forced to PVP against my will...so I choose not to participate.

I didn't last time. I will not this time. Simple.

When I feel like PVPing I will choose to participate myself. Bioware will not make that choice for me....period.

If Bioware wants me to participate in PVP they are going to have to do some work on it first. Right now it's too clunky and gear based for my taste.

Wow lord!! For once you and I are in complete agreement..

Well stated I might add!! :)

Well....

I don't have an issue with how they set up. But I won't be forced to PVP against my will...so I choose not to participate.

I didn't last time. I will not this time. Simple.

When I feel like PVPing I will choose to participate myself. Bioware will not make that choice for me....period.

If Bioware wants me to participate in PVP they are going to have to do some work on it first. Right now it's too clunky and gear based for my taste.

The gear is not as important as it was before in the gree event. The way the bolster works in there. You can hit 75% of the expertise cap without having a single pvp gear on. and as long as your in a group of 4 ganking shouldn't be an issue.