Please make PvE actually PvE-only

ptwonline

I think that I know what the OP is getting at.

Two nights ago (a few hours before the server update) my level 55 Mara was waiting to

start the H-4 in the Black Hole, Corellia.

This is on Harbinger, a PVE server.

Three Jedi Shadows stealth and one sits in the middle of a mob that a player is about to

attack for his daily quests. Once the Empire player and his companion hits the mobs (with

the stealthed Pub in the center, the other two shadows stun lock and burn him down.

When I noticed what was going on, I moved my level 55 Guardian to their area near the

Torvix building. As these Shadows were now the same faction, I could more easily see

what they were doing. When an Empire player took notice of them and moved across the map

a new area to finish quests, the Pubs would stealth/follow them to this new area.

EASY KILLS FOR THE PUBS.

For people like the OP, it 's not as simple to avoid people he can't see. If you expect him to

change instances in his home quest-area to finish his quests, you are condoning "griefing."

The game's mechanics allow this so it's not a L2P issue.

BTW, the shadows did this for close to an hour - my presence was giving them away so they left.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, unless the d-bags are stealthing near an enemy mob... thats happened to me once or twice :(

On the other hand, its not up to Bioware to stop d-bags from being d-bags... IMHO they have done all they can to stop it. Maby they could stop AoE's from damaging enemy players unless you are flagged for PvP, but other than that, its just not possible.

Well that is the only thing that people want to be changed. Especially because this is a game with stealth classes there is no way to control AOE without making fun of the victims.

If a group of players wants to gank people and is only there to do so they find a way to flag you with the current system involved. If a imperial agent is going into your aoe and the rest of the group is hiding near your spot there is no chance to escape. Remember it is even possible that the mobs still shot at you so while they beat the crap out of you a imperial agent uses his stun abilities and another ganker or even more appear to give you the rest.

This could have been prevented if there was no AOE flagging as long as you do not turn on PvP.

Also with the achivements kill 1000 enemie players on illum (not shure about the number 500 or 1000) Bioware encourages people to do this because this is the fastest way to kill enemies without useing mechanics like killing low level friends near their base for 500 times than switch roles. So PvE players who are doing PvE´shouldn't be forced to be PvP flagged without intention.

Edited by chuuuuucky

I wouldn't say PvE only, the great thing about these servers is that it's supposed to be the player's choice. They even said you would not have to join in the PvP unless YOU chose to... they failed on that last promise.

Even when I send in a report because my COMPANION flagged me AGAINST my will, they took the time to comment "It's working as intended!". If I heal someone or guard someone, you could say it's my choice, though not 100% accurate (Can live with that though for the most part). I can guard a healer who isn't flagged, he heals someone who is flagged and I'll get flagged too, I can put a healing over time on an unflagged person, who then gets flagged and flags me as well.

Can be better to say that your healing/guarding may drop to 0 instead if an opposing player joins the conflict and you're not flagged. But no, your companion healing a flagged ally is supposed to flag you too.

This has been happening since the beginning and people have told bw and they still refused to do something about it. There are times there is no one near me when I use my AOE and then all of a sudden they jump into my aoe and guess what I am flagged.

I do not yet understand why BW hasn't fixed this as this been brought to their attention over and over.

I can understand if you are group with someone and you heal them you will get flagged. That is a choice u make but this AOE bug needs to be fixed.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

The OP has a point. There is no reason I should get flagged on a PvE server doing PvE missions. But it happens, if you are battling an NPC and a flagged opposite-faction player attacks the same NPC, you get flagged. I understand why there is a delay to get unflagged, but having to do so is aggravating when I did nothing to cause it to happen except play PvE. Ditto for rezzing or grouping with a flagged player... no good deed goes unpunished.

And you end up in a condition where you are flagged, and when you click to toggle the flag you get "You have manually toggled your PvP flag on"... as if the game doesn't understand you are already flagged. So toggle it again, waste a quick-travel to the cantina, wait 5 minutes (which I can at least sometimes utilize for a crafting mission), then trek back where I was to finish my mission.

At least the last time it happened to me, the would-be ganker tucked his tail between his legs and ran off crying for his dear Momma, leaving his companion to take his beating for him. He picked the wrong dude to mess with.

You don't have to goto a cantina. You can go right to the are where you pick up the gree quests.

I know from years of playing MMOs that most PvEers (not all, but most) actually like to dabble in some good PvP, often spontaneously in the open world.

So yeah, those that want to turn it off completely are a minority interest.

Stop trying to conflate extremes.

Minority interest, you say? Can you provide the statistics and source for that claim. And also provide the wording used in the study and the demographic surveyed.

I'm tired of PvP-flagged people intentionally jumping in front of the quest objectives I am trying to use, accidentally attacking and getting flagged, and then having a bunch of PvP people kill me.

I'm on a PvE-server.

I don't want to PvP.

I have no intention of PvPing.

This kind of stupid thing is what is driving me away.

Accidentally attacking?

To get flagged you'd have to target the opponent and attack - AOE's have not flagged players for a little while now (unless you actually target the flagged person with the AOE).

I'm intrigued as to how you are accidentally attacking people?

Accidentally attacking?

To get flagged you'd have to target the opponent and attack - AOE's have not flagged players for a little while now (unless you actually target the flagged person with the AOE).

I'm intrigued as to how you are accidentally attacking people?

It is fixed for some AOEs that is a really old fix and from last year. But they didn't fix all the AOEs. I don't know why maybe because the only wanted to remove AOEs like orbital strike because they have several seconds channel time so can be exploited very easely compared to a instant one time AOE.

I'm tired of PvP-flagged people intentionally jumping in front of the quest objectives I am trying to use, accidentally attacking and getting flagged, and then having a bunch of PvP people kill me.

If that is the way they're able to dupe you into flagging yourself then I'm sorry but you kinda deserve everything you get lol.

Edited by aeterno

They need to do what Rift does on PvE servers > Auto Flag PVP

what this does is simple when you target a pvp flagged guy and tries to attack it you get "invalid target" and your char wont attack. You type in /pvp you get pvp flagged and you are able to attack.

very simple and effective solution.

They need to do what Rift does on PvE servers > Auto Flag PVP

what this does is simple when you target a pvp flagged guy and tries to attack it you get "invalid target" and your char wont attack. You type in /pvp you get pvp flagged and you are able to attack.

very simple and effective solution.

Console commands are by default not "simple" tbh.

Console commands are by default not "simple" tbh.

Yes because here it is right click on your avatar and activate pvp. No need to be picky about the solution a game has if we already have a solution in game. They only have to change the conditions when someone is flagged without activating the pvp flag intentionally.

It is fixed for some AOEs that is a really old fix and from last year. But they didn't fix all the AOEs. I don't know why maybe because the only wanted to remove AOEs like orbital strike because they have several seconds channel time so can be exploited very easely compared to a instant one time AOE.

Please - stop being vague.

Which AOE's currently flag you for PvP when you are not targeting the flagged player in question?

You say they "didn't fix all AOE's".

Now I've run a couple of classes around the event yesterday and nothing as of yet. So which class and which ability still causes you to become PvP flagged if a flagged player intentionally runs through your AOE?

I'd just like to know so that I can try it out later and if it does indeed still flag you I can raise a bug report.

Edited by Stoofa

I'm on a PvE-server.

I don't want to PvP.

I have no intention of PvPing.

This kind of stupid thing is what is driving me away.

agree with this one.. for PVE server, we have Battlefield for PVP.

PVP Flagged on PVE server is Ridiculous.

hybrid server maybe more better.

Some reasons why PvP'ers (or people who like PvP but are primarily PvE Roll on such servers):

1. They have a decent group of mates they rolled with; some like PvE others like both. They roll here because PvE servers allow their mates to PvE in peace and them to PvP.

2. Sometimes after a long day at work I just want to come home from work, a horn of ale in one hand a wrench in the other one and level in peace. PvE Servers with a flag mean you can PvP on your terms.

3. Community, in my experience the community on PvE servers is leaps and bounds better than that of the PvP one.

There will always be the minority who give the rest a bad name. Bioware cannot take steps to do stop everyone; if they did I hate to imagine the kind of game we have.

Re the metrics; only once have Bioware commented on the numbers PvP'ing and the result was that they where shocked at the sheer numbers of people engaging in PvP.

Minority? you somehow know the will of the server? If someone wants to OWpvp they should roll on a pvp server with the real pvpers. Or would the "challenge" be too great?

I am on the Ebon Hawk server RP-PvE server. Most of the people on their feel like Andryah and sometimes want to engage in random owpvp. And this is the system Bioware is going for right now, where they will create quests and senarios where players will engage in pvp on their own. So if you don't want to pvp take neccessary steps to avoid getting flagged. Like going into the pvp zone, or not guarding or healing a pvp player or avoid being baited into pvp by other flagged players.

Im going to drop my 2 cents on the subject. This was my first Gree Event and I found the PVP ganking to be quite fun. Im not really a PVPer but I like to dabble in it once in a while. I was ganked. My friends were ganked and in turn we did some ganking of our own. It was pretty fun in all cases. In most cases, people were pretty friendly about it and allowed the objective to be completed before the ganking commenced.

Saying all that, I tend to agree with the people that don't want forced PVP. Yeah, I said it, forced PVP. These quests are a large part of a short time event. They are not PVP quests but rather PVE quests in a contested area. I think people that don't want to PVP, on a PVE server, should be able to do those quests without interference. For the people that like the spontaneity of open world PVP, they can join a PVP server or they can simply turn their flags on to say "Im game, bring it!"

Most of the people that are all for the ganking are probably in guilds and have a lot of friends. If you were solo, Im willing to bet that you wouldn't enjoy it as much because you would be rofl stomped. There are a lot of solo players and I don't think its fair to them. They have no chance out there.

There are also a lot of people that simply cant play their class very well and will get rofl stomped too. You can say L2P all you want but some people just wont get it. They don't understand what all their skills do and there is nothing wrong with that. They are simply here for some fun. A "bad" player isn't a bad person. Just someone who doesn't know for whatever reason. These people simply have no chance.

In closing, I enjoy it but not everyone does. There is no reason they should be forced to partake in this activity. Yeah, I said it again... forced. Not getting these quests done gimps advancement in the Gree Event. A lot of those players wont get the world bosses or the raid done either which means they need a lot of alts and time to keep up. Keep the PVP in the warzones and allow people to switch off flags if they don't want to partake. All the ones that do want to partake can simply turn their flags on. If that's not good enough then join a PVP server.

Here's my problem with your first part. Its a PVP quest. It is designed for gathering people in a contested pvp area and pvp. What people decide to do when they are there. Fight or wait in line. Is up to them. you get warzone comms for doing it. They are not required of you to do in order to do the event. They are not part of any weekly. So if you don't want to pvp don't do those quests and simply stay in the Northern area

Minority? you somehow know the will of the server? If someone wants to OWpvp they should roll on a pvp server with the real pvpers. Or would the "challenge" be too great?

I agree to that.

On an PvE Server, PvP should be limited to War Zones and to Tatooine, or to enterin areas of the other faction at all.

Here's my problem with your first part. Its a PVP quest. It is designed for gathering people in a contested pvp area and pvp. What people decide to do when they are there. Fight or wait in line. Is up to them. you get warzone comms for doing it. They are not required of you to do in order to do the event. They are not part of any weekly. So if you don't want to pvp don't do those quests and simply stay in the Northern area

Then, please tell me, why don't these PvP players just STAY in their PvP area ?

Why do they FOLLOW others into the area in the north and elsewhere ?

Then, please tell me, why don't these PvP players just STAY in their PvP area ?

Why do they FOLLOW others into the area in the north and elsewhere ?

Why shouldn't they? I mean, look. If I see someone flagged whether it's in the PVP zone or running around doing dailies, I'm just going to assume that they're down for some open world pvp. Because, you know, you actually have to work at getting flagged. I've gotten into some seriously epic spontaneous battles that way that were a hell of a lot of fun.

Don't want to get killed, don't do the things that get you flagged. Or go to the base and wait five minutes for it to drop.

If you're red, you're dead.

End of story.

Don't want to PvP? Don't flag yourself or enter a PvP area.

Someone forcing you to flag by running into your AoE? /report -- that IS considering griefing by BW.

Is this whole thing about Ilum's Western Shelf and the Gree event or is it about everywhere else?

Think they are upset about getting flagged unintentional with flagged players running into a AoE outside of the PvP area.

I hate this exploit, I am not a pvp player, don’t want to pvp and never want to pvp. However, I have many friends and guild mates that are pvp players, so I in no way want only pvp and pve servers. I have been flagged unintentional many times since launch against my will, I have moaned about this many times. Still after actually looking at the problem, I am against the manually only flag. It would open up many other problems. Idiots stealthing into opposite fractions bases and waiting there for flagged players with no repercussions if they are discovered before they find their prey stealing crafting nodes and drops in other fractions areas…etc…etc…

What I have discovered is the people that normally exploit this are terrible players. So instead of standing their acting shocked and ticked off at BioWare for a valid game mechanic (like I use to do), destroy the player that exploited you. Last Gree event 4 republic players flagged our healer which quickly got the other two members of our group (including me) flagged doing the heroic, I finished off the droid, hit stealth, closed the gap, destroy their healer and then took the idiot commando that was shotting me almost the entire heroic while our healer and tank took out the other two. For some reason, they did not come back for more (I did die, but 4 deaths to 1 deaths was worth it considering pvp deaths mean nothing, no repair cost). The reason these idiots exploit this is because they are terrible at pvp and normally people just stand there and take it, so it gives them a false sense that they are actually good at something.

Still after actually looking at the problem, I am against the manually only flag. It would open up many other problems. Idiots stealthing into opposite fractions bases and waiting there for flagged players with no repercussions if they are discovered before they find their prey stealing crafting nodes and drops in other fractions areas…etc…etc…

No one is asking to remove automatic flagging for going into enemy areas. Trespassing into enemy areas is a valid reason for being flagged, I think everyone will agree to that. People are asking to remove automatic flagging for accidentally hitting a flagged player with AoE or getting baiting into accidentally flagging themselves.

I was levelling up my lvl 37 on Quesh when an enemy lvl 55 started hanging around watching me. I was doing an AoE opener every pull, following a pattern. The 55 rushed to the next set of mobs, flagged himself and stood in the middle, hoping for me to AoE and flag myself. I knew what he was up to the second he started hanging around and quickly changed my attack to single target only and avoided getting flagged. He left when he realised he was not as smart as he thought he was. The thing was, I was on a PVE server, I rolled on a PVE server so I would never have to be wary of accidentally getting involved in open world PVP. I have characters on a PVP realm for open world PVP. It's this type of incident that those who are against automatic flagging are talking about.