I Want To Like TOR, But It Just Feels Old

Shadysketchy

The /who flag is useless

The /who flag is only useless because people are uninterested in grouping. They wanna solo power level and be like you. You're famous.

Do you see how you've influenced these MMO'ers?

Also, let this thread die. Don't respond to Shady's bumps like I just did.

- Lack of variety in quests; everything is kill X amount of Y, unlike WoW where they've added a lot of variation (for better or for worse) in the quests, which makes leveling feel less grindy

I'll put this one in the dictionary under "dumbest thing anyone has ever said".

Edited by Lu_Bei

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I'm sick of the whiners, and complaints, I love the game, yet I kind of agree with the OP's list.

There are some areas that could use some improvement. This is pretty common in lots of games, and since the big factor was VO, it's gonna take some times to make this game what people expect. I'll give it a year because I'm not impatient.

The /who flag is only useless because people are uninterested in grouping. They wanna solo power level and be like you. You're famous.

I'm sorry if I've influenced the playerbase more than you'd like for me to

I can't help it, I'm just a very charismatic person

He doesn't want WoW. He wants the features normally found in a modern MMORPG.

LFG tool took away form talking to get a group

sure its nice but when it came out in wow all i did was q up get in say hi then do the instance and then leave.

thats a LFG tool does.

as for swimmen i love it no underwater quests they all sucked

as for all his other points they can and are looking into implementing them later on

as for the graphix wow is toony warhammer uses dark textures tor has better graphix then wow.

when i 1st played wow when it launched i actually had to get past the graphix

Timesinks are not done for the benefit of players, dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_sink

They are there solely to stretch out content and slow down players. Ultimately, they are a tool for profit, not for gameplay or players.

^ Truth.

And that's where the seething pit of my black hearted-hatred for ActiBlizzard was born. But that's another story...

I'll put this one in the dictionary under "dumbest thing anyone has ever said".

Meh, the lfg tag is next to useless, most people forget to disable their LFG when they aren't interested in grouping anymore, and makes it insanely frustrating whispering people who are afk/aren't interested/ don't know why they are being messaged etcetc.

Or god forbid trying to ask sages if they are a healer or not.

I love how the OP is comparing an MMO with 7 years work and 4 Expansion packs against a new MMO... hardly fair now is it?

Compare the two when they both launched and see how they stack up, then you'll see which one fairs better.

WoW has 3 Expansions, not 4

WoW launched 7 years ago, in a different market, had a substantially lower budget, and didn't have itself to compete with. Comparing the two at launch is irrelevant; SWTOR needs to compete with other titles currently on the market, otherwise you might as well say that Minesweeper is the best game of all time, because its more advanced than Pong

SWTOR needs to compete with other titles currently on the market, otherwise you might as well say that Minesweeper is the best game of all time, because its more advanced than Pong

You mean Guild Wars 2? :) Nor you or anyone else on these forums can deny that GW2 is a completely different mmo, in a good way and I will be the first one to get it.

Can we just ban this troll Bioware... I mean seriously its post after post about how he hates the game and loves WoW. We get it.... You hated SWTOR so much that you raced to 50 and now raid the forums with your pointless drivel. I dont even bother reading the posts anymore there is no point.

"What do you guys think?" /facedesk.... Thats what I think.

Can we just ban this troll Bioware... I mean seriously its post after post about how he hates the game and loves WoW. We get it.... You hated SWTOR so much that you raced to 50 and now raid the forums with your pointless drivel. I dont even bother reading the posts anymore there is no point.

"What do you guys think?" /facedesk.... Thats what I think.

Keep Flagging him, when he gets enough he will get punished :)

LFG tool took away form talking to get a group

sure its nice but when it came out in wow all i did was q up get in say hi then do the instance and then leave.

thats a LFG tool does.

as for swimmen i love it no underwater quests they all sucked

as for all his other points they can and are looking into implementing them later on

as for the graphix wow is toony warhammer uses dark textures tor has better graphix then wow.

when i 1st played wow when it launched i actually had to get past the graphix

Enough with "LFG taking away the social aspect of the game." It's just a myth that people have grown to believe in. What if a player has lets say 2 hours for gaming and he just wants to jump into the action and get something done? Yeah, LFG makes more sense now doesn't it? Not everyone has 10 hours a day to play this game.

I love how the OP is comparing an MMO with 7 years work and 4 Expansion packs against a new MMO... hardly fair now is it?

Compare the two when they both launched and see how they stack up, then you'll see which one fairs better.

I'm amazed each time I see this argument. How is it that you can type that and mean it?

World of Warcraft is the market leader. Players from that game are accustomed to a certain level of polish and features. When they play a new game, they expect that level of polish and features.

You're right, though, it's not fair. Business isn't fair! If a company releases a competing product that doesn't stack up to the market leader then they will have a hard time succeeding! It's just basic business.

Players want feature parity! If they don't get it then they'll look elsewhere. Period.

Edited by MasterOfEnts

i'm amazed each time i see this argument. How is it that you can type that and mean it?

World of warcraft is the market leader. Players from that game are accustomed to a certain level of polish and features. When they play a new game, they expect that level of polish and features.

You're right, though, it's not fair. Business isn't fair! If a company releases a competing product that doesn't stack up to the market leader then they will have a hard time succeeding! It's just basic business.

Players want feature parity! If they don't get it then they'll look elsewhere. Period.

thank you