Patch 2.4 the Big PVE patch with some crums of pvp

angel_dust

So this is what us pvp'ers have waited over a year , 4 vs 4 arenas!!!

Instead of fixing the garbage bolster system, adding new war zones and new huttball maps.

Finally introducing season 1 of rank matches, you decided to give us more PVE content with very little pvp content.

Since we haven't had any pvp updates in months, Sure you can call it a pvp patch.

Not sure if you notice bioware, but 4vs4 arenas exist already. Just go to outlaws dent and have 2 teams of 4 battle each other.

Bioware, how did you come up with the assumption that what pvpers wanted were smaller teams and less people to pvp with? Have you guys bother to read the pvp forums?

The number 1 thing we want is the fix of bolster.

#2 is class balances.

#3 new 8 vs 8 war zones and huttball maps.

#4 season 1 of rank pvp.

#5 open world pvp planets.

#6 16 vs 16 or 24+ war zone maps.

#7 crafting schematics for pvp gear.

#8 bigger rewards for completing pvp daily's and weekly's.

#9 multi planet pvp objective daily's.

so on and so on and sure if you have time 4vs 4 arenas as a JOKE!!!

Like many people who play this game, I have a job, family and tons of other real life events that kept me from spending hours upon hours in raids. So I pvp cause its quick and fun. Well it used to be fun. Anyways I thing 2.4 will either keep me as a subscriber or called it a night. With ps4 and Xbox one coming a month after 2.4 I think many players feel the same.

Instead of fixing the garbage bolster system, adding new war zones and new huttball maps.

Finally introducing season 1 of rank matches, you decided to give us more PVE content with very little pvp content.

Since we haven't had any pvp updates in months, Sure you can call it a pvp patch.

Not sure if you notice bioware, but 4vs4 arenas exist already. Just go to outlaws dent and have 2 teams of 4 battle each other.

Bioware, how did you come up with the assumption that what pvpers wanted were smaller teams and less people to pvp with? Have you guys bother to read the pvp forums?

#2 is class balances.

#4 season 1 of rank pvp.

Like many people who play this game, I have a job, family and tons of other real life events that kept me from spending hours upon hours in raids. So I pvp cause its quick and fun. Well it used to be fun. Anyways I thing 2.4 will either keep me as a subscriber or called it a night. With ps4 and Xbox one coming a month after 2.4 I think many players feel the same.

Games been out for what...1.5 years? and if its not completely apparent to PvPers that this game is 'PvE storyline and OPS' driven with 'Some' PvP thrown in to mix it up then you are completely thick.

Developers dont feel or cant justify placing large amount or significate amount of their development time into PvP, if thats what youre after youre barking up the wrong tree.

OP are you just not very intelligent or what?

There are some big threads about this already and the simple truth is that the summer of swtor is a preview and not patch notes. You people seem to think that this is it and you don't know. So stop whining about something you don't have full details yet.

They said there were some big things coming for pvp and with the first glimpse, instead of being happy to get the first bit of information, you just ASSUME that this is it and complain about what you THINK you're not getting.

Borrow a brain please and use it.

As Eric has stated. It is not all that is in the 2.4 pvp patch. Those were just some of the highlights that they would put in the updated Summer of SWTOR post. Be patient, read more and always just wait for all of it to surface before you go biting down like a dog and sawing the throats out of the developers. It's not all of it. There will be more, again, as Eric has stated as we get closer to the patch more will be revealed.

Optimism, patience, and respect are key here :)

What do you expect from the pvp team? Pvp in this has been a joke since launch. With eah new class balancing and system change it gets worse. 2.0 has totally ruined pvp. Ranked failed iserably, season one will not help that. The arenas so many cried for will also fail within a month or two when people stop playing them. 16v16, 24+ pvp will never happen because the engine will never handle it.

Face it, BW has no fricken clue what they are doing pvp wise. They make things worse insead of better.

Why PvP ers don't go to Eve Online & stop whining for class balance that could only succeed in messing PvE?!?

Sorry for you but this is not SWTOR issue, I have had seen it in so many other games... PvP ers will always whine about class balance and "balancing" will always broke PvE play with one or more classes, till next "balancing" & again & again.

Bolster polishing, more matches, arenas, war zones are good things, but please... don't forget there is class roles and game-play outside PvP.

Since PvE is what keeps SWTOR alive, i'm glad that Bioware focus their ressources on it. PvP er should be happy with what they have and what they get, if it's not enough, they're free to leave the game. Bioware always said, even before launch, that this is mainly a PvE-MMO. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Bioware always said, even before launch, that this is mainly a PvE-MMO. If you don't like it, don't play it.

No they didn't. All the Biodrones who say this are full of s**t, unless you have a reliable source that states that, this part is completely invalid.

#2 is class balances.

#4 season 1 of rank pvp.

Your list is absolutely moronic and xbox and ps4? BWAHAHAHAHA

Your list is absolutely moronic and xbox and ps4? BWAHAHAHAHA

Laugh at him all you want but new consoles, gta5, eso, and eqn are right around the corner and they WILL cut into SWTOR's population. Just like d3, Wow pandaland, and gw2 did. If they didn't, we wouldn't have had server merges last summer. It's the proverbial death by a thousand cuts. BW dropped the ball on the pvp crowd, half of their population, big time with 2.4. The PVE warriors can go a patch or two without content while BW catches the PVP up. We got absolutely nothing for this expansion.

Edited by justandulas

Laugh at him all you want but new consoles, gta5, eso, and eqn are right around the corner and they WILL cut into SWTOR's population. Just like d3, Wow pandaland, and gw2 did. If they didn't, we wouldn't have had server merges last summer. It's the proverbial death by a thousand cuts. BW dropped the ball on the pvp crowd, half of their population, big time with 2.4. The PVE warriors can go a patch or two without content while BW catches the PVP up. We got absolutely nothing for this expansion.

No joke. The newer consoles were also developed with MMOs in mind. We are going to see more MMOs come to consoles along with ones already slated. Also, both machines (XB1/PS4) are going to have some amazing games.

No joke. The newer consoles were also developed with MMOs in mind. We are going to see more MMOs come to consoles along with ones already slated. Also, both machines (XB1/PS4) are going to have some amazing games.

ESO coming to consoles will have a population to rival WoW's peak simply because of that decision. Despite what the pc master elitist race preaches, there is a gold mine for MMO's waiting on the consoles. I won't be shocked if ESO has 10+ million people playing it in the first year because of the move to consoles as well as PC. None of us want SWTOR to die. We QQ about the lack of PVP content because we care, alot. We luv the product, and we luv the pvp. We just want the devs to luv it as much as the fans do because going a year or so between content is unacceptable.

ps - the pve warriors claiming we should leave are ridiculous. SWTOR hyped up PVP pre launch BIG TIME. If they would have come out at the start of "Summer of SWTOR" and said "we aren't serious about pvp, just leave pvp crowd so we can focus on pve" we would have accepted it and moved on. Instead, we got hooked in by their hype all summer and fell for the bait and switch of "major pvp patch"

The OP no longer finds something he used to enjoy fun because someone else is getting new content. Basically the epitome of a selfish spoiled brat.

Congratulations on making yourself look the fool. You have no idea what the complaints are about, they are very justified. Instead, you are acting like a selfish child "I'm getting more content, deal with it".

ESO coming to consoles will have a population to rival WoW's peak simply because of that decision. Despite what the pc master elitist race preaches, there is a gold mine for MMO's waiting on the consoles. I won't be shocked if ESO has 10+ million people playing it in the first year because of the move to consoles as well as PC. None of us want SWTOR to die. We QQ about the lack of PVP content because we care, alot. We luv the product, and we luv the pvp. We just want the devs to luv it as much as the fans do because going a year or so between content is unacceptable.

ps - the pve warriors claiming we should leave are ridiculous. SWTOR hyped up PVP pre launch BIG TIME. If they would have come out at the start of "Summer of SWTOR" and said "we aren't serious about pvp, just leave pvp crowd so we can focus on pve" we would have accepted it and moved on. Instead, we got hooked in by their hype all summer and fell for the bait and switch of "major pvp patch"

EverQuest Next is also hinted at coming to the PS4. I will be playing that on a PC since I am an XBox user and will likely be getting an XB1, but that is still exciting.

I am a PVE warrior btw. That sounds soo much better than "Carebear" ;)

Edited by TheBBP

EverQuest Next is also hinted at coming to the PS4. I will be playing that on a PC since I am an XBox user and will likely be getting an XB1, but that is still exciting.

I am a PVE warrior btw. That sounds soo much better than "Carebear" ;)

I led a raid guild in WoW. I raided in SWTOR til the server exodus of last summer. I have no problem with pve players getting content, none at all. I just dont think it should come at the expense of the pvp crowd like it is. We deserve content too and we get none. Congrats on the xb1 btw, ignore the ignorant trolls, you aren't the only one of us that pre ordered and will enjoy it.