Pay to Win

Propane

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously haven't played much MMO's if you are calling GW2 a WoW rip off. You probably haven't played WoW if you aren't calling SWTOR a WoW rip off.

Now keep GW2 off of here.

SWTOR's F2P model is horrible and everyone here defending EAware's practices should feel bad.

Every MMO is a WoW rip-off according to their respective forum denizens.

I like SWTOR's F2P model because it encourages players to support the game, thereby benefiting us all.

Gw2 on the other hand actually does have real pay to win elements https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/wuv/wuv/Pay-to-win-Tower-captures

Welcome to the world of reading, he was posting about paying with ingame coins. Why don't we go back to why you are still stumped on our last argument why all your arguments boil down to "Just pay to avoid Pay to Win restrictions"

You can google anything is pay to win sir, doesn't make you seem any smarter.

Edited by Propane

I like SWTOR's F2P model because it encourages players to support the game, thereby benefiting us all.

It doesn't encourage them, it forces them to pay if they actually want to experience the actual game.

You don't really have to worry about the F2Pers because you are subbed. Don't speak on their behalf.

Now if they could post on the swtor website, this forum would have a complete different feeling. Everyone here is subbed and they don't really care what free players do.

Welcome to the world of reading, he was posting about paying with ingame coins. Why don't we go back to why you are still stumped on our last argument why all your arguments boil down to "Just pay to avoid Pay to Win restrictions"

You can google anything is pay to win sir, doesn't make you seem any smarter.

Well save for the rather minor part about that game where you can actually convert cash directly into the in game currency.

But I'm sure you knew that already :p

Well save for the rather minor part about that game where you can actually convert cash directly into the in game currency.

Yes you can, but did you mention the price it takes? If you want to pay 600$ just to get a few gold , thats fine because not everyone has 600$ they can pay on hand.

WHILE IN SWTOR'S CASE, tons of people have 15 bucks on hand. So tons of people can afford to be better than those who play for free.

But I'm sure you already knew that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Propane

Welcome to the world of reading, he was posting about paying with ingame coins.

Which have a real money conversion rate, welcome to the world of Guild Wars.

Why don't we go back to why you are still stumped on our last argument why all your arguments boil down to "Just pay to avoid Pay to Win restrictions"

Because that argument is based on a false premise. Pay to Win doesn't exist in the game. Might as well say we're paying to avoid giant blue rabbit restrictions.

WHILE IN SWTOR'S CASE, tons of people have 15 bucks on hand. So tons of people can afford to be better than those who play for free.

You mean like people who have $60 on hand to pay for Guild Wars 2.

Edited by chuixupu

Because that argument is based on a false premise. Pay to Win doesn't exist in the game. Might as well say we're paying to avoid giant blue rabbit restrictions.

Those "blue rabbit" restrictions in swtor are gameplay changing. Payments should only be used to broaden the gaming experience without affecting the gameplay itself. Free players experience a TOTALLY different version of swtor. The demo version that "allows" them to get to 50 if they can stand through the restrictions.

So the only way to try and get out of that argument was "YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT! LETS JUST SAY IT DOESN'T EXIST SO I'M RIGHT"

Edited by Propane

Whoa, i can grind for hours on end, to remove restrictions that never needed to be added in the first place?

This is like saying "you can stop swtor from pissing its own pants, just grind for 6 months!" And even then, you only get a WoW ripoff. You are one malicious person.

Those "blue rabbit" restrictions in swtor are gameplay changing. Payments should only be used to broaden the gaming experience without affecting the gameplay itself. Free players experience a TOTALLY different version of swtor. The demo version that "allows" them to get to 50 if they can stand through the restrictions.

So the only way to try and get out of that argument was "YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT"

And Free Gw2 players experience a totally different version of Gw2. It's just an empty screen.

Yes you can, but did you mention the price it takes? If you want to pay 600$ just to get a few gold , thats fine because not everyone has 600$ they can pay on hand.

But I'm sure you already knew that. :rolleyes:

If you're defining paying a subscription to play a game as pay to win, the only thing I can say is: welcome to MMOs. Because it's been that way for a looooong time.

Whoa, i can grind for hours on end, to remove restrictions that never needed to be added in the first place?

This is like saying "you can stop swtor from pissing its own pants, just grind for 6 months!" And even then, you only get a WoW ripoff. You are one malicious person.

I think you quoted the wrong person because your reply makes absolutely no sense in the context of my post.

Kids, go play a game you have fun playing. I know you're too young to understand that people enjoy different things from you and your opinion isn't shared by other people, but maybe in another 10 years or so you'll figure that out and this will all make more sense.

If you're defining paying a subscription to play a game as pay to win, the only thing I can say is: welcome to MMOs. Because it's been that way for a looooong time.

Go look at other Pay to Plays that went free: they don't have the amount of demo restrictions SWTOR have. What makes SWTOR so special? The fact that they poured 600 million dollars into a game that most went into advertising? Those CGI trailers that were more entertaining than the actual game?

Edited by Propane

Kids, go play a game you have fun playing. I know you're too young to understand that people enjoy different things from you and your opinion isn't shared by other people, but maybe in another 10 years or so you'll figure that out and this will all make more sense.

Maybe when your parents aren't paying for your subscription, this will make more sense. ;)

Edited by Propane

And Free Gw2 players experience a totally different version of Gw2. It's just an empty screen.

Free gw2 players are non existent. They go to the website, check out gameplay and make a decision from there. Here its a big tease "Want to customize your character? 5 dollars please!" "Want to pvp more than 3 times a week? 5 more dollars please!" "Want to be able to RUN?! 5 more dollars please!" A knife goes into your wallet every 30 seconds you play. Better to just cut off players then tease them incessantly.

Go look at other Pay to Plays that went free: they don't have the amount of demo restrictions SWTOR have. What makes SWTOR so special?

Nothing. I just like playing SWTOR more than those games, they aren't fun to me.

The fact that they poured 600 million dollars into a game that most went into advertising. Those CGI trailers that were more entertaining than the actual game?

There you go making up numbers again. :rolleyes: They keep getting more and more ridiculous.

Maybe when your parents aren't paying for your subscription, this will make more sense. ;)

So there we have it, Propane's parents won't pay for his sub anymore, and this is why he is all mad and stuff. Get a job ya bum.

Edited by chuixupu

Go look at other Pay to Plays that went free: they don't have the amount of demo restrictions SWTOR have. What makes SWTOR so special? The fact that they poured 600 million dollars into a game that most went into advertising. Those CGI trailers that were more entertaining than the actual game?

While I agree playing this game for free as an MMO is an exercise in sadomasochism what makes this game different is the cinematic story questing - which they do actually give you entirely for free. So if you want to play what makes TOR different from other MMOs, you actually get all that for free. It's just the MMO features they make you pay for.

I think you quoted the wrong person because your reply makes absolutely no sense in the context of my post.

"You can convert cash into cartel coins" - you

"Converting cash is much more of a hassle than asking mommy for a sub" Which is the whole point of the glorified demo. - me

Than i made a pretty brilliant analogy that you don't understand because you haven't hit like..7th grade? Go read it again and please, make an argument instead of "i dun und3rstan"

There you go making up numbers again. :rolleyes: They keep getting more and more ridiculous.

And here you go again trying to deny the truth. The game is thought to cost a 500-600 million budget. Tell me where that all went to, seeing how maintaining a servers cost only around 300k every 2 years.

"You can convert cash into cartel coins" - you

"Converting cash is much more of a hassle than asking mommy for a sub" Which is the whole point of the glorified demo. - me

Than i made a pretty brilliant analogy that you don't understand because you haven't hit like..7th grade? Go read it again and please, make an argument instead of "i dun und3rstan"

We were talking about GW2, not SWTOR. Stay with the topic changes if you're trying to contribute.

Free gw2 players are non existent. They go to the website, check out gameplay and make a decision from there.

Of course they are non-existant, because you have to pay $60 to play the game.

Here its a big tease "Want to customize your character? 5 dollars please!" "Want to pvp more than 3 times a week? 5 more dollars please!" "Want to be able to RUN?! 5 more dollars please!" A knife goes into your wallet every 30 seconds you play. Better to just cut off players then tease them incessantly.

Or you just pay a sub like any other game with a subscription and avoid being teased. I've played subscription MMORPGs for a decade, I'm used to it.

SWTOR isn't alone in that type of model either, there's quite a few of them that do that.

While I agree playing this game for free as an MMO is an exercise in sadomasochism what makes this game different is the cinematic story questing - which they do actually give you entirely for free. So if you want to play what makes TOR different from other MMOs, you actually get all that for free. It's just the MMO features they make you pay for.

The story quests in SWTOR cannot keep a player going, it boils down to the decisions you make only changing 1-2 lines of text. If people wanted to play a single player story line, they can go play KOTOR. But people came here to play a Bioware Star Wars MMO. But with the free to play restrictions - they are down to having to demo the MMO parts of the game, as in PVP, Raids, Flashpoints, High level gear, ect.

Edited by Propane