Gunnery Commando in PvP

BuckarooB

I like it, but I could swear the Charged Barrier talent effect had a longer duration in-game. Unless they've changed it, or the tooltip's off. Unless Charged Barrier is a pile of useless crap like it seems to be in that talent readout, I'd actually prioritize it above Soldier's Endurance. More bang for your buck, imho, especially if there's a healer in the field.

• 2 weeks later...
No I take that back.. I fail.. Thought that hammer shot recharged super charge cells for a second. That would be just to awesome I guess.

Cover Fire seems kind of expensive for a 2sec slow but I guess better than Reserve Round

This is mine, i have the alacrity for increast casting speed, crit chance, and decent survability, since grav round is one of the bread and butter abilites in this tree that you use constantly. It reduces the caste time of it, and charged barrier reduces dmg up to 10% and use it with your reactive shield, makes you really for a short bit of time. I''m also looking at this from purely a pvp stand point.

lol forgot the link http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/commando/#::e2fe3fe5fe8f13ef5ef11efef4

Edited by AcerionAelor

Alacrity is a healer stat. It will increase your initial damage dump but past that, it serves no purpose other than to mess up really lazy people that take forever to interupt cast.

If the fight goes beyond your first dump, then alacrity is wasting stat points that would be better allocated to surge.

This is mine, i have the alacrity for increast casting speed, crit chance, and decent survability, since grav round is one of the bread and butter abilites in this tree that you use constantly. It reduces the caste time of it, and charged barrier reduces dmg up to 10% and use it with your reactive shield, makes you really for a short bit of time. I''m also looking at this from purely a pvp stand point.

lol forgot the link http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/trooper/commando/#::e2fe3fe5fe8f13ef5ef11efef4

The problem is that the alacrity talent increases your alacrity by a percent, which means you have to have alacrity in the first place. None of the end-game pvp gear has alacrity for Gunnery Commandos.

Gunnery is great for pvp.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=62447

Yes, great indeed. The whines are just to ward off players so they don't overcrowd the class.

Don't kid yourself, the only people who would say commando dps in pvp are great are

a) people who only care about the damage meter

b) people who don't mind getting rolled over by pretty much anyone in 1v1, as long as they score SOME kills.

Edited by Chomag

Not 2 days ago I was in a wz on my assassin and I met a commando, more than that - this was veritable Rambo of swtor. At first I thought him an easy target, but i was wrong, in fact, we all were.

Explosions, flames, hellfire, and mayhem. He was defiant, unwavering, but he wasn't immobile, he just didn't care how many came. Truth be told, he wanted more and we obliged him and we paid for it. My team and I were failing to get the message - this was a beast to be left alone. This is not hyperbole, this gleaming white gatling gun in heavy armor just stood like a boulder and laid waste to my entire team. I rolled a trooper the next day.

lol a commando will never lay waste to an entire team unless there was a healer around, in that case you all failed

Shhh...the commando was 50 and they were 15.

http://imgur.com/dljej

Seems viable to me.

That only proves someone who shoots from behind the raid, can do top performance.

"Footwork" is not a measure of skill or performance.

Edited by Chomag

Shhh...the commando was 50 and they were 15.

That only proves someone who shoots from behind the raid, can do top performance.

"Footwork" is not a measure of skill or performance.

Take a look again. I have the top objectives and medals for my team, as well as some decent healing from healing some other people. I'm pretty sure you're just terrible man, sorry, cause it really sounds like you're jealous that you cannot compete with the gunnery spec when other people can. Do me a favor though, play gunnery and fail like you're doing so we don't get nerfed k? Good players will enjoy putting up numbers like the ones i posted.

• 3 weeks later...
Alacrity is a healer stat. It will increase your initial damage dump but past that, it serves no purpose other than to mess up really lazy people that take forever to interupt cast.

If the fight goes beyond your first dump, then alacrity is wasting stat points that would be better allocated to surge.

Sir you better go read stats again... You are WAY wrong... Alacrity is for activationspeed.

All your channeled abilities are affected by Alacrity... Your gravround and other abilities triggers faster the more Alacrity you got... Surge is for healing. how much you heal and how myuch you crit with healing.

Go get as much Alacrity for combat.

Sir you better go read stats again... You are WAY wrong... Alacrity is for activationspeed.

All your channeled abilities are affected by Alacrity... Your gravround and other abilities triggers faster the more Alacrity you got... Surge is for healing. how much you heal and how myuch you crit with healing.

Go get as much Alacrity for combat.

Alacrity doesn't affect the GCD, so it has no effect on Grav Round's overall utility since GR is a 1.5 second cast and you still won't be able to cast another ability until the GCD finishes. It does effect Full Auto but gearing that stat for an effect on one ability (and one that it currently lacking in PvP due to the pushback issue) is probably not the best idea.

And I'm not quite sure how you can say Surge isn't a good stat for a class with such high amounts of Crit.

Then you should go uneqip you alacrity item and see the time it takes to cast... ??

I never said it didn't have an effect on cast time. I said it wasn't worth it.

GCD: 1.5 seconds

Grav Round: 1.5 seconds

Let's say you have enough alacrity to reduce your GR cast to 1.2 seconds.

You cast Grav Round. It fires 1.2 seconds later. You still cannot cast another ability for another .3 seconds because Alacrity doesn't reduce the GCD.

The reason Alacrity is good is because it allows you to get more casts in - more casts in the same amount of time = an increase in DPS. The little bits of time Alacrity takes off your casts are inconsequential on their own, but they add up over the course of a fight. However, you gain no effective casts on Grav Round as a Gunnery Commando because it does not allow you to cast more frequently - you can still only cast one every 1.5 seconds. So even if i had 5 billion Alacrity and GR was instant cast, I could still only cast the same amount in a given time period as if I had 0 Alacrity.

Therefore, the only move it helps is Full Auto. It's not worth it to gear a stat that only effects one of your damaging abilities when there are other stats which will buff all of your damaging abilities.

This is why we say Alacrity is not a good stat for Gunnery.

Get it?

Edited by Tharax