Consolidated list of topics that BioWare should respond to.

Sir-Coffee

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then be prepared to be unhappy.

Look at the 2 of the hints for 2.4 given in this

dev post. Oricon and dread masters. Then check out the data mining that was posted for patch 1.5 on torhead at the beginning of the game here. Operation Dread Masters, then look at the the Quotes(Republic), first one mentions Oricon. If you look at the rest of those original patches data mining you will see S&V was supposed to be 1.4. Add on top of it all that new operations are released every 6 months since Denova. Go ahead and do the math. 4/2013(S&V), 10/2013(Dread Masters)

It's not speculation, its is pretty much guaranteed. Even if the op is in there, the majority of the patch will be based around pvp. I guess i don't get why you would be mad with it in there, should they just piss off the rest of the player base and hold it back just to make you happy? They are keeping it on schedule.

No, but I'll be extremely surprised if they can actually thron iw a new Operation on top of a supposedly PvP-centric patch. This hasn't happened since 1.2, we are getting piecemeal patches consistently, meaning one small feature released gradually. I'll see it when I believe it, but given their recent track record, let's just say I am skeptical about them releasing a full-blown patch like 1.2 again, meaning new PvP content and PvE in the same package.

Be careful about transmuting speculation into "guarantee", nothing is set in stone in MMO development in general, and especially in this game. The only guarantee you have is that 2.4 will contain something new from the CM :D

Edited by Krewel

Andryah can at least support fixing ability delay and help us get acknowledgement of the issue.

Idk man, Andryah Stated that it didn't need a response. :rolleyes:

I agree though, a dev post is required and appreciated.

If anybody else has a thread that they believe warrants a response, just post it in here and I will update the OP when BioWare responds to some of those threads.

Of course, I will prioritize the threads that need the most attention.

Idk man, Andryah Stated that it didn't need a response. :rolleyes:

I agree though, a dev post is required and appreciated.

If anybody else has a thread that they believe warrants a response, just post it in here and I will update the OP when BioWare responds to some of those threads.

Of course, I will prioritize the threads that need the most attention.

Let's assume Eric or someone else from community team will pop in here on Monday (I very much doubt they browse forums during weekends, since they have families and lives as well) and say "Hey guys, we are aware of these problems and they are on the list of known bugs".

What would your reaction be? You might be satisfied, but many people will start flaming how it is possible that is is just on the list of known bugs and not being acknowledged or worked on (no idea where people come with this idea, placing it on known issues list means acknowledgment and working on it).

This happened very recently on something 2.2.2 broke (jumping, I think). They acknowledged the bug, placed it on the "to do" list, but people started flaming them over such stupid thing as jump animation...

Edited by Aries_cz

Let's assume Eric or someone else from community team will pop in here on Monday (I very much doubt they browse forums during weekends, since they have families and lives as well) and say "Hey guys, we are aware of these problems and they are on the list of known bugs".

What would your reaction be? You might be satisfied, but many people will start flaming how it is possible that is is just on the list of known bugs and not being acknowledged or worked on (no idea where people come with this idea, placing it on known issues list means acknowledgment and working on it).

This happened very recently on something 2.2.2 broke (jumping, I think). They acknowledged the bug, placed it on the "to do" list, but people started flaming them over such stupid thing as jump animation...

Actually, I would be very pleased if they acknowledged this whole list. It's better than not communicating at all.

I never said every thread.

It's been asked that they respond to 9 major threads.

Not exactly a lot, and it's not like they all popped up today.

And that doesn't make my statement "not true".

People say things are just QQ, that its working as intended, that they should all unsub and cry over it if they want, all it would take to stop the misconceptions is a simple "We're aware, we're trying to fix it" from bioware.

Come on now...we both know that's not true...

A couple of "we're aware we are working on it" type statements would be all well and good but what would happen the first time BW flat out said something along the lines of "working as intended, will not be changed" then the forums would explode with fury that someone's particular demand was being ignored...queue many sentences including the words "slap in the face" and all the usual drama and infighting. This is why, as a rule very few threads get specific comments from a yellow name...

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

The purpose of this thread is to get responses to these issues.

BioWare promised better communication and yet they ignore all of these issues. Yes, Andryah, not every single thread on these forums requires a response, however I will keep updating the OP so EricMusco can have an easy time finding the threads.

There's a reason they have class representatives, and I will be the general discussion representative until these issues are recognized.

But you don't have one shred of proof that all of these issues are being "ignored" do you? For all you know BW could be knee deep in resolving them...just not ready to talk about any of it. Yet...you choose to employ language designed to evoke a negative response. When I see this type of language being used it tends to come across as the OP is simply pushing a thinly veiled attempt at bashing...

Just saying...more consideration to the words you choose to employ may elicit the desired response rather than sounding like just another passive aggressive whine fest....

Driz

That's just standard PvPer QQing. Nothing new to see here. Move along.

If these are bugs, then yes, they should be fixed. If not, then no. Not sure why that mask "needs" voice modulation.

There is no guarantee enough people would pay real money to make this worthwhile. Stuff like this (and housing, guild ships, etc.) is DOA post F2P.

I believe it's a licensing issue and is totally out of BWEA's hands. No reason to acknowledge the aluminum foil hat crowd who insist that it's done just to annoy us.

This has nothing to do with BWEA. If the min-maxing community wants to save it, let them save it.

There are plenty of feminine-looking clothes which don't show it all that female characters can wear. That said, more options would not be bad.

Petitions are a ticket to Developeringoreville.

couldn't agree with you more

But you don't have one shred of proof that all of these issues are being "ignored" do you? For all you know BW could be knee deep in resolving them...just not ready to talk about any of it. Yet...you choose to employ language designed to evoke a negative response. When I see this type of language being used it tends to come across as the OP is simply pushing a thinly veiled attempt at bashing...

Just saying...more consideration to the words you choose to employ may elicit the desired response rather than sounding like just another passive aggressive whine fest....

Driz

So what you're saying is that they are investigating so they shouldn't have to post. Ok people, let's move along.

Oh wait, don't they usually post saying that they are investigating into these issues and then later share the information?

You should calm down and take a moment to actually think.

So what you're saying is that they are investigating so they shouldn't have to post. Ok people, let's move along.

Oh wait, don't they usually post saying that they are investigating into these issues and then later share the information?

You should calm down and take a moment to actually think.

No...please try actually reading my post :)

I am saying they won't reveal info on this sort of stuff and don't generally ever say anything more than we are looking into it because it causes more trouble than its worth...

BW: yeah we are fixing this, we are going to do it like this.....

Forum User: Pathetic BW fail it should be fixed like this....

You get the point.....

My other point is that you choosing to employ negative and inflammatory language like choosing to say they are ignoring these issues.....when you have zero evidence and could have chosen to say "have not been responded to" or something similar speaks a lot for your sincerity about wanting a positive outcome from this thread...

Driz

No, but I'll be extremely surprised if they can actually thron iw a new Operation on top of a supposedly PvP-centric patch. This hasn't happened since 1.2, we are getting piecemeal patches consistently, meaning one small feature released gradually. I'll see it when I believe it, but given their recent track record, let's just say I am skeptical about them releasing a full-blown patch like 1.2 again, meaning new PvP content and PvE in the same package.

Be careful about transmuting speculation into "guarantee", nothing is set in stone in MMO development in general, and especially in this game. The only guarantee you have is that 2.4 will contain something new from the CM :D

Read again

Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. We’ll start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.

And i would just like to point out that every operation that has come out it the game so far was data mined in that list on torhead, the lines of dialogue as written on each are exact. This isn't speculation, Bioware knows about that info on torhead since it has been on there since 1.1. They teased with Oricon and dread masters realizing people in the know would understand what they were talking about.

No...please try actually reading my post :)

I am saying they won't reveal info on this sort of stuff and don't generally ever say anything more than we are looking into it because it causes more trouble than its worth...

BW: yeah we are fixing this, we are going to do it like this.....

Forum User: Pathetic BW fail it should be fixed like this....

You get the point.....

My other point is that you choosing to employ negative and inflammatory language like choosing to say they are ignoring these issues.....when you have zero evidence and could have chosen to say "have not been responded to" or something similar speaks a lot for your sincerity about wanting a positive outcome from this thread...

Driz

I agree that forum members can be very rude, but that doesn't give BioWare a reason to not post on the forums.

If they don't make a post in a thread over the course of 2 weeks, then I consider them to be ignoring that thread.

I agree that forum members can be very rude, but that doesn't give BioWare a reason to not post on the forums.

If they don't make a post in a thread over the course of 2 weeks, then I consider them to be ignoring that thread.

Whereas I just assume they are still investigating/deciding how to fix/otherwise not ready to talk about it....glass half full vs glass half empty i guess :)

The only sort of thing that MUST receive instant and accurate communication is of course game breaking or other critical issues that prevent people logging in...none of the issues you linked appear to be game breaking however...

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

Whereas I just assume they are still investigating/deciding how to fix/otherwise not ready to talk about it....glass half full vs glass half empty i guess :)

The only sort of thing that MUST receive instant and accurate communication is of course game breaking or other critical issues that prevent people logging in...none of the issues you linked appear to be game breaking however...

Driz

Ability failure to fire?

Ability failure to fire?

But this only happens to certain people...I for example can honestly say its never given me a problem....it is certainly not a critical game breaking issue IMO...

Not that I disagree with you wanting more communication at all btw...it's just that more communication can cause more problems which is why developers do not tend to discuss implementation of fixes or timescales etc in most MMORPGs...they are much more inclined to say we are looking at it and then announce anything more via patch notes etc when the particular fix is due for release...

I have a feeling the type of info we WOULD get will still never be enough to appease the baying hoards though...

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

But this only happens to certain people...I for example can honestly say its never given me a problem....it is certainly not a critical game breaking issue IMO...

Not that I disagree with you wanting more communication at all btw...it's just that more communication can cause more problems which is why developers do not tend to discuss implementation of fixes or timescales etc in most MMORPGs...they are much more inclined to say we are looking at it and then announce anything more via patch notes etc when the particular fix is due for release...

I have a feeling the type of info we WOULD get will still never be enough to appease the baying hoards though...

Driz

Well, I tend to PvP a lot and I can share experiences of the ability failure to fire in warzones.

If it weren't for that bug, I would have capped the node before the score hit 0. That is game breaking. It happens to a lot of people that I know(in game).

Maybe our definition of game breaking and "what's important" may differ. However, BioWare should respond to every single one of those threads that I linked. I didn't say have to, but it would be nice to know that they are truly listening to us and fixing these bugs.

Just like I have no proof they aren't listening; you don't have proof that they are. It's good that we both want more communication because that is what this thread is all about.

Whether people don't like BioWare's response or whether they do shouldn't dismiss this thread's true purpose.

Actually, I would be very pleased if they acknowledged this whole list. It's better than not communicating at all.

Sure, you might be pleased, but as ImperialSun/Driz wrote, parts of this community are extremely volatile for no reason.

Like I said, check this topic where Eric said "we placed it on known issues list" and got flamed for it

Sure, you might be pleased, but as ImperialSun/Driz wrote, parts of this community are extremely volatile for no reason.

Like I said, check this topic where Eric said "we placed it on known issues list" and got flamed for it

Well, this reminds me of that one time in 12th grade where 4 people in my class called the substitute teacher fat and the entire class suffered for that.

Just because people act like they're in 12th grade doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.

It's also part of EricMusco's job title to communicate to the community(community manager).

I agree, just saying that BW will get flamed or insulted when they do say "we are working on it" or if they do not say anything.

I have a huge respect for Community Team people, as they can put up with people on this forums, which are often enough to refill my weekly dose of cynicism in one day...

I agree, just saying that BW will get flamed or insulted when they do say "we are working on it" or if they do not say anything.

I have a huge respect for Community Team people, as they can put up with people on this forums, which are often enough to refill my weekly dose of cynicism in one day...

I agree that they will be flamed for whatever they do, but remaining silent is not a good decision and they will look worse ignoring a thread.

Well, I tend to PvP a lot and I can share experiences of the ability failure to fire in warzones.

If it weren't for that bug, I would have capped the node before the score hit 0. That is game breaking. It happens to a lot of people that I know(in game).

Maybe our definition of game breaking and "what's important" may differ. However, BioWare should respond to every single one of those threads that I linked. I didn't say have to, but it would be nice to know that they are truly listening to us and fixing these bugs.

Just like I have no proof they aren't listening; you don't have proof that they are. It's good that we both want more communication because that is what this thread is all about.

Whether people don't like BioWare's response or whether they do shouldn't dismiss this thread's true purpose.

Well my ratio is only about 70 (PvE) / 30 (PvP) but I guess that is the difference....I would not define you missing a cap as game breaking in any way....if you were suffering, for example, a CTD every time the ability mis fired then That would game breaking IMO....and THAT'S why devs don't always give us the level of info we crave....everyone has a different take on what's important, what's game breaking and how best to fix things...

Driz

Well my ratio is only about 70 (PvE) / 30 (PvP) but I guess that is the difference....I would not define you missing a cap as game breaking in any way....if you were suffering, for example, a CTD every time the ability mis fired then That would game breaking IMO....and THAT'S why devs don't always give us the level of info we crave....everyone has a different take on what's important, what's game breaking and how best to fix things...

Driz

PvPers would beg to differ. If you're not a true PvPer, then of course you wouldn't see that as game breaking. I know PvErs that find it game breaking as well.

Anything that hinders game play warrants a dev response.

You love your scripted fights and on-rails Story, but that's not the only thing here and it shouldn't be the only thing EAware focuses on.

His point was that PvP players think they are the center of the universe, but they represent a small percentage of players. If there were no PvP the vast majority of players would neither care nor notice. PvP players are off on their own little worlds anyway (literally). What really angers PvP players is that no one pays attention to them--including the vast majority of players.

Edited by MSchuyler

PvPers would beg to differ. If you're not a true PvPer, then of course you wouldn't see that as game breaking. I know PvErs that find it game breaking as well.

Anything that hinders game play warrants a dev response.

And from what I have seen the ability mis fire bug has received several responses in the past...a fix a short time ago etc. so by definition has not been ignored. Responding to / fixing in a time frame that suits the community is an entirely different conversation.

I disagree completely with the assertion that you personally missing a single cap constitutes a critical or game breaking bug in any way, though as always everyone will have a different take on it :)

Driz