The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mira's "chest" / top piece

Since you've FINALLY added a decent half-top + underwear/undershirt option for female players that also shows off decent amount of flesh on a male as well, how about adding some similiar (minus the shoulder pad things) tops that can be dyed? Maybe some pants that actually match the top as well?

I'd rather this be a craftable item, but I'll live with a cartel option.

I was actually going to bring this up in a larger thread involving a petition for dye usage on all lore armors. I think making the Mira's Armor Set, and certain others, without a dye module slot is very disappointing.

I understand that continuity should be present for lore armor, but there are pieces such as the Thana Vesh set that can also be dyed. Does not seem to be much consistency as the lore armor goes, and more of an arbitrary decision. It could be a simple fix like the main hand/off hand glitch on some market weapons when they are released that would make so many players ecstatic.

I can say I was very disappointed when I purchased the armor set (found most of the pieces in packs), simply assumed I could use my awesome black and white dye on them (which looks amazing on the set), but then was let down. I do not even feel like I can use my white lightsaber crystal while wearing the set and have switched to a green.....I love my white crystals :( . The set looks great, but it does not feel like "my set". It seems like a better decision to release armor sets that can be used with the new dyes. Players get more use out of the items, Bioware makes more money, and in turn everyone is happier!

The armor sets in this game allow for huge customization, and it is a prominent reason as to why I have continued to play this game for so long. I love the fact that you can use any armor you want, and even dye it now for that certain "unique" look.

People want the Mira armor, but they also want to make it "their" armor. Releasing so many dyes, and then armor which cannot be dyed creates sad players :(

Edit: New Relnex & Diabolist armor sets can be dyed. Mira's set got the shaft unless it is a glitch =(

Edited by Nekrall

I was actually going to bring this up in a larger thread involving a petition for dye usage on all lore armors. I think making the Mira's Armor Set, and certain others, without a dye module slot is very disappointing.

I understand that continuity should be present for lore armor, but there are pieces such as the Thana Vesh set that can also be dyed. Does not seem to be much consistency as the lore armor goes, and more of an arbitrary decision. It could be a simple fix like the main hand/off hand glitch on some market weapons when they are released that would make so many players ecstatic.

I can say I was very disappointed when I purchased the armor set (found most of the pieces in packs), simply assumed I could use my awesome black and white dye on them (which looks amazing on the set), but then was let down. I do not even feel like I can use my white lightsaber crystal while wearing the set and have switched to a green.....I love my white crystals :( . The set looks great, but it does not feel like "my set". It seems like a better decision to release armor sets that can be used with the new dyes. Players get more use out of the items, Bioware makes more money, and in turn everyone is happier!

The armor sets in this game allow for huge customization, and it is a prominent reason as to why I have continued to play this game for so long. I love the fact that you can use any armor you want, and even dye it now for that certain "unique" look.

People want the Mira armor, but they also want to make it "their" armor. Releasing so many dyes, and then armor which cannot be dyed creates sad players :(

Thana's outfit isn't a LORE outfit though. Sith on the Esseles has a very close outfit to hers. I think LORE outfit means outfit worn by non TOR created character.

Thana's outfit isn't a LORE outfit though. Sith on the Esseles has a very close outfit to hers. I think LORE outfit means outfit worn by non TOR created character.

Yeah I believe you are correct. Seems like they do not want dyes to apply to the lore armor from KOTOR characters.

Still sucks because it just feels like an arbitrary decision.

Edited by Nekrall

Yeah I believe you are correct. Seems like they do not want dyes to be apply to apply to the lore armor from KOTOR characters.

Still sucks because it just feels like an arbitrary decision.

Well yeah. Now that I know Mira's Chest Piece can't take a dye slot, I don't even want the chestpiece now.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I have been so excited about the Mira's chest piece, I didn't realise it couldn't be dyed!

Also, BW, it's totally wrong that we can preview dyes on armour that can't be dyed. I was about to waste a million credits because I had been previewing it to decide which dye I wanted.

Ye... Pice of kitten, bought the damn thing and didn't notice it didn't have a dye slot, the colors are poor at best, it is now a useless slot sitting in my cargo hold, an expensive one at that...

Oh no, someone gonna run around with a dyed chestpiece, call the cops, seriously.

It is kind of a silly decision on their part.

It's not like we're actually wearing a shirt that's 300 years old and belonged to the original Mira (though that would be some serious craftsmanship if we were!).

You can literally be in a room full of "authentic" Revans, and all of them are wearing the original Revan's armor? :rolleyes:

They are obviously replicas, and while I can see how the shops "selling/making" them would stick to the original color scheme, it doesn't make sense that once bought your character is still bound by that rule.

The whole thing is, if you want to RP as Mira you still can, it comes with the stock colours.

Limiting the ability to dye on of the best looking armor sets to be released into the game for awhile is a terrible decision, I sincerely hope someone takes a look at it.

Here is what my character currently looks like with the set (changed up the belt)

http://i.imgur.com/KqADOIn.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/3xz4VJ8.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/9OjA1r6.jpg?1

I do not understand why I am unable to make my character look like this over an arbitrary decision/oversight when this game is all about customisation. I am sure most people who have acquired, or want this set feel the same way.

http://i.imgur.com/8zKCAWS.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/khb9vWG.jpg?1

Edited by Nekrall

Well yeah. Now that I know Mira's Chest Piece can't take a dye slot, I don't even want the chestpiece now.
My exact same reaction when I went to purchase one off GTN today. I've been burned enough times now that my first priority when buying a new Chest armor piece is: "Does it have a dye slot?" If "No", then I move along and pretend it doesn't exist.

Again, this is reminiscent of the same stubborn behaviors that cost them so many subs in the wake of release. As a highly creative individual myself, I completely sympathize with the high-concept desire to preserve certain aspects of the "vision" of a given project or world.

However, I have to grudgingly admit that usually that's an emotionally, not rationally, driven decision and that it usually does more harm than good. People like freedom and people like conveniences. Certain freedoms have to be restricted — you can't let characters fly at will or type in /godmode and become invincible and solo NM Ops.

This is not one of those cases. In analogy to Seinfeld: "that's bad naked." Yes. That's right. Restricting dye slots is bad naked.

Edited by SW_display_name

I'm going to jump on the wagon here with all of you :cool: I saw Mira's Armor Set and said "finally, a set worth working on dailies to buy off the GTN" :)

My first mistake was I went and checked what it would look like with different dye mods. I didn't check the actual

gear for a Dye Slot :( It looked awesome with a few different color combo's so I jumped into my daily grind to

work for a set!

A couple of days of doing dailies and a few pieces of the set in my Cargo, just needed the Top to complete the set!!

Something clicked in my head and I remembered that they didn't have Dye Slots on some of the Lore Armors, so I went to the GTN to check and sadly found that there is no Dye Slot on Mira's Armor :mad:

Now that my set is complete after a few more days of daily grinding, I feel disappointed in the fact that I can't dye it to the colors I actually thought looked great. I'm not even sure I'm going to equip it now :confused:

I, like others have said, seriously hope they either change this little rule on Lore Armors not being allowed to have Dye Slots, or, at least come out with a set with the same style, feel free to drop the Shoulder Pads off into space :p

But at least a set that looks like Mira's Armor set, but gives us the ability to use Dye Mods.

I wil propably surprise you, but the default ( only right ) colour is the one I like best :)

But I see it an insult to add a dye feature to the game and make it restricted from the begining. Also the ammount of dye modules available to Artificers is a joke. As someone already wrote, people like freedom, maybe players even more. It's not fair to give us an armor which can't be dyed. I support your claim 100% :)

I didn't bother to check sense the GTN value of the top is going for way to much...does it not have a dye slot?

you should always check... and have a bit of patience.

I snagged a mira's jacket for 900k... and they are usually going for 2mil on my server.

Still waiting for someone to put up thana vesh' top for that tho :/

you should always check... and have a bit of patience.

I snagged a mira's jacket for 900k... and they are usually going for 2mil on my server.

Still waiting for someone to put up thana vesh' top for that tho :/

Oh, I've been checking for Thana's top, still been over 1million credits lately. Mira's, at the time of the post, was still rather new, so I worried less on it.

These extremely rare RNG Pack outfits are just getting annoying. I didn't mind hard to obtain in game costume items, but hard to get RNG Pack costume items is just terrible :/

Agreed on the lore tops. I would love to dye Mira's Top or Calo's Jacket a different color. Not that the colors they are now aren't good, would just be nice to see some other variety around the fleets and such.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the game and I can't tell you how disappointed I am right now that the premium Cartel Market item "Mira's Jacket" I just bought for my Gunslinger and it doesn't have a dye slot. In a game that seems to pride itself on the ability to customize your experience I can't possibly understand why you would even go though the trouble of making adaptive armoring for players and then fail to add a simple dye slot to a "premium" item.

Like others before I bought it I previewed it with a dye pack to make sure that is what I wanted. I don't even want an outrageous color, just a simple brown and white. I understand some armors not having a dye slot, but a Cartel item? Really? For a game that is now free to play and is counting on premium item sales to stay afloat, there is simply no room for the developers arrogantly wanting to "preserve" lore items. If you ask me this just an excuse, an extremely poor one at that.

Adding insult to injury the chest's default secondary color isn't unifying to my other gear. The primary color is matching, but the secondary color is staying the same on all my other gear. So I can't even get my other gear to match, a feature I paid to unlock.

So here I am after the fact, this item is bound to me, I spent over half a million credits to get something that is not what I wanted. I have only been playing for 2 months, yet I am afraid I am finding myself being disappointed in this game yet again. *sigh* :confused: