2 bugs with new patch

darktyphoon

quickly found 2 bugs with the new patch

1.) the chat panel alpha you have to set it to something else then set it back to 0% when it doesn't have focus. otherwise it is always up like it would be when your typing

2.) when you jump without your weapon deployed, your animation looks as if you have your weapon deployed. basically looks like your holding an invisible weapon while yours is still on your back/ waist

When you jump it looks as if your weapons are equipped

Chat panel won't fade.

You'd think if you have to take an extra hour for maintenance you'd be actually checking to see if the patch works.

Edited by BraaxusKun

Just adding the same for me. Came to report the chat bug and can verify the jumping.

In addition to the chat window alpha needing to be reset as described above, it no longer disappears initially when entering a conversation cutscene or over time.

Edited by AlyoshaCephas

quickly found 2 bugs with the new patch

1.) the chat panel alpha you have to set it to something else then set it back to 0% when it doesn't have focus. otherwise it is always up like it would be when your typing

2.) when you jump without your weapon deployed, your animation looks as if you have your weapon deployed. basically looks like your holding an invisible weapon while yours is still on your back/ waist

Chat panel goes back to not fading after a loading screen though.

Also noticed on my Juggernaut when my companion heals me I slow down to a crawl as if I was in combat. Might of been me seeing things though as it doesn't seem to happen on my Mercenary while being healed by Mako

These bugs are so blatantly in-your-face and glaring. Also very annoying and frustrating especially the BUGGY CHAT WINDOW. Changing the alpha settings for it does little good because EVERYTIME you zone or transition, THE BUG REFRESHES ITSELF. Also the fading doesn't work even if you change the alpha thingy in preference.

Does no one jump on the PTS? How did this abomination get through testing? Omg. Sloppy.

Also does no one USE CHAT ON PTS?!?!?!

I am not sure if this is the same as the other jump bug, but I used to be able to do a standing broad jump by pressing the space bar immediately followed by the forward key. This carried my character as far as I could jump while running.

Since the patch there is no forward movement. Since my computer and internet connection are not the best, timing a running jump is nearly impossible. Please bring back the standing jump.

I am actually more annoyed that the sorc/sage fix did not make it in this patch. In known issues they list it as a rare case but this is false if your a dps sage/sorc then you are getting affected by this bug every time you attack making you a free target for 30 seconds.

To add to this bug post I would like to point out that some people that get lost in sandstorm in nightmare dashroode fight are still falling through the world. Also, when juggs or maras charge boss or adds right as he knocksback they get stuck in place and cannot move for the rest of the encounter so they die.

Is BioWare accepting applications for positions on the SWTOR development team?

I want a job where I can be completely inept, too. Where I can fail to make even the most basic quality assurance checks, fail to interact with customers, and get around to correcting problems during the next "cycle" aka whenever the hell I feel like it. If most of us did any of the above at our jobs, we'd be fired.

Must be nice to be completely unaccountable for pushing out a quality product.

I was able to instantly find both bugs in literally under 30seconds of loggin in. The jumping bug is dumb, but not NEARLY as annoying as the chat box issue.

With me it's the opposite: the jumping bug makes the precision jumps you need for some datacrons much more difficult, but you can at least fix the chat box issue yourself.

But yeah, adding my voice to everybody else who's experienced these two bugs.

Not only does the chat box not fade out but the txt never goes away now even when you manually reset the alpha for the box.

Chat panel fade (the text) is a separate setting under preferences. If you reset it the same way you reset the alpha settings - i.e., change it to what you don't want, apply, change it back, apply - it will work until you zone. Annoying, but there is a workaround.

Existing bugs that I've noticed:

Health Bar percentages still display wrong on unit frames.

New bugs:

Some NPCS seem to be missing heads, found one at the Giant's Spear Command Post on Makeb. Right near the macrobinoculars droid mission pick up.

Every-time you guys patch something you screw the game up, jesus christ! Their is also a major stability issue, poor fps and darty movements.

Yep, noticing this as well. It's really bad on Makeb. Which was bad already before this patch.

Edited by spectreclees

Funny side effect of the jump bug.

Death from fall damage no longer makes your character fall down, they stand up when they hit the ground, and stick there, been having a blast jumping from the VIP area on the fleet and sticking myself to lightposts and planking on top of those awnings over the storage boxes.