Stealth and Combat

QuietOutis

Any experienced PvPers know how leaving combat is calculated? I play as a scoundrel scrapper and sometimes I like to flee a big melee to heal myself and re-stealth, but you can't enter stealth until you are "out of combat". Sometimes it takes just a few seconds before I'm considered "out of combat" and can enter stealth and re-enter the fray, but other times its a long time. Does anyone know how this is calculated? Proximity to enemies? Time from last damage? Line of sight?

It's time from last damage given or received. Around 15 seconds I believe.

If you attack someone and run around the corner to heal, someone else can finish off your target and reset your timers, which is why it resets faster sometimes. The red dot(s) on your minimap dictate who that target is. If you used an AoE attack, there could be multiples.

well he was wrong about a lot of things, and he was fired. :rolleyes:

I thought he left on his own... could be wrong. In any case, he didn't do everything perfectly but damn do I miss him on the forums talking to us. An actual dev sharing ideas and asking questions --- during beta of course, but also after launch.

If they did indeed fire him, it was probably one of their biggest mistakes.

P.S. And I've been stuck in combat for 20-30 seconds at times, without any dots on me. If it's supposed to be 15s, then it's hella buggy.

Edited by Monterone

I thought he left on his own... could be wrong. In any case, he didn't do everything perfectly but damn do I miss him on the forums talking to us. An actual dev sharing ideas and asking questions --- during beta of course, but also after launch.

P.S. And I've been stuck in combat for 20-30 seconds at times, without any dots on me. If it's supposed to be 15s, then it's hella buggy.

He did left on his own. He's now working for Ubisoft in Singapore. Too bad, I liked him :(

I was stuck in combat for a full minute once. I always assumed the target had to die for you to get out of combat.

I was stuck in combat for a full minute once. I always assumed the target had to die for you to get out of combat.

Add it to the list of bugs that make the game unplayable when it all adds up. After being back for a week, I'm regretting resubbing.

The game and server performance has taken a dive as well. :(