S+V: 16M - NiM (World Ranking)

updated, gratz severity.

It's funny - yesterday was our first full day of attempts on Thrasher and I felt we had a good strategy. Again we were basically cut short because someones internet went out. Anyway, the sub 50% adds seemed pretty impossible, but I was thinking I had a way to handle it. While I still intend to try the way I thought up first, we will more than likely end up doing it your way. You'd be surprised the DPS we ended up digging up when a couple people rerolled to slingers - we aren't that far behind you guys :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny - yesterday was our first full day of attempts on Thrasher and I felt we had a good strategy. Again we were basically cut short because someones internet went out. Anyway, the sub 50% adds seemed pretty impossible, but I was thinking I had a way to handle it. While I still intend to try the way I thought up first, we will more than likely end up doing it your way. You'd be surprised the DPS we ended up digging up when a couple people rerolled to slingers - we aren't that far behind you guys :)

We actually spent the majority (probably 20ish) of our attempts figuring out how to handle the snipers, and it just wasn't clicking. We could mostly get though them, but we lost a few people or a tank died or whatever, and it gets hard to recover. Eventually it got late and everyone got testy, so someone said "let's just say **** it and ignore them" and we tried it to humor everyone. I believe thin's quote was "This is the worst strategy I've ever tried in any game I've played"... a 7% wipe that attempt made believers of us.

I will say any group that can perfectly control all those adds is amazing, and you have all my respect. Good luck!

"This is the worst strategy I've ever tried in any game I've played"

You should have watched us killing Dashroode, this was by far the most lame thing I've experienced in this game. We should post some video in near future :D

Btw, gratz

Edited by Shandellon

Ace- Do not get discouraged. I don't want to take anything away from your guild, any other guild, or the content that has been released to this point. We have probably assembled the ultimate raid team, 2 tanks that could do it blindfolded, 4 healers that can keep you alive through anything, and 10 of the best dps in the game.

Frog- you know we love you guys. Weenea! Weenea!

The content is hard, and you are going to wipe a ton after Thrasher, we did. I don't forsee anyone burning through it at the same rate we did, even if you kill thrasher. Again not trying to take anything away from anyone, the fights are really hard and you'll all enjoy it the rest of the way.

PS: Would someone else please kill Terror From Beyond already!!!!!!!!

This reminds me of Talladega Nights when Ricky Bobby is telling his Dennet Jr. a bunch of messed up stuff, but said "With all due respect" first, to which Mr. Dennet Jr. replies, " That doesn't mean you get to say whatever you wanna say to me!"

We used the amulet, and it looked like something was happening (screen shook, the guy with the amulet was stunned, colors/sparks went around some people's heads), but then it stopped and nothing spawned. We tried to leave the instance and re-enter, but the first people out got the "cannot enter while in combat" message when they tried to zone back in, although noone inside was fighting anything.

The orb used on the dragon did nothing.

My 2 favorite theories are that something was supposed to spawn but was bugged, and we were all supposed to be wearing dread masks.

As an aside, when we zoned back in trash between titan and thrasher was respawned, but no text or anything when we killed it. No other mobs were between the zone start and the balcony in olok's room (which we couldn't get past after zoning out and back in).

We used the amulet, and it looked like something was happening (screen shook, the guy with the amulet was stunned, colors/sparks went around some people's heads), but then it stopped and nothing spawned. We tried to leave the instance and re-enter, but the first people out got the "cannot enter while in combat" message when they tried to zone back in, although noone inside was fighting anything.

The orb used on the dragon did nothing.

My 2 favorite theories are that something was supposed to spawn but was bugged, and we were all supposed to be wearing dread masks.

As an aside, when we zoned back in trash between titan and thrasher was respawned, but no text or anything when we killed it. No other mobs were between the zone start and the balcony in olok's room (which we couldn't get past after zoning out and back in).

Dip - you should post this on another thread.

As a note -we cleared in HM on Monday and went back in - the trash respawned between titan and thrasher for us as well.

When you click the amulet that effect always happens, so that does not sound like anything unique to being in the styrak area.

My guess is they decided to push off the next step until the DG palace/fortress whatever. I am guessing that this will be the last step since the amulet and orb are all dread items and this is probably the last dread ... event.

This reminds me of Talladega Nights when Ricky Bobby is telling his Dennet Jr. a bunch of messed up stuff, but said "With all due respect" first, to which Mr. Dennet Jr. replies, " That doesn't mean you get to say whatever you wanna say to me!"

If it came off like that I apologize and I thought it would sound bad when I was saying it, but I tried to cover it up as much as possible. All I was saying was that the level of difficulty is extremely intense.

Don't be grumpy Snutch.

To be honest, all of the fights were extremely difficult, I'd even say that some required a huge helping of luck in addition to skill. The damage was never tested on 16-man, so I'm not sure if it was intentional on Bioware's part, but Olok and the Cartel Warlords especially had 1-shot mechanics that were extremely difficult to recover from if anyone made even the slightest mistake. We still had pulls on OIok where people would die without anyone making a mistake. It took us a long time to figure out how to effectively 'save' people before they were gibbed. Hopefully with the release of the videos it'll become more apparent.

-Vanira

Now, piss in that bottle, wanna know what you're on!

Whoa! Hold on!!!! No one said anything about any sort of drug test :eek:.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................just going to back away now.

Noim, the lab results will only return one thing....

EXCELLENCE ;p

I think I saw a T-shirt like that once "I PISS EXCELLENCE!".

Gogogo convince Thinmintz to print a few with the SG logo in the back! :D

Edited by Anthraxal
Sowwy, Nibb'

Thanks - we've been very close the past couple nights but finally got it :)

Just to clarify -- Level Capped + Momentum is now <Intrepid>

If you could change our name in the document that would be perfect.

Edited by Classicks

Thanks - we've been very close the past couple nights but finally got it :)

Just to clarify -- Level Capped + Momentum is now <Intrepid>

If you could change our name in the document that would be perfect.

make up your mind!

fixed

Sucks for the "bug fix" styled nerf...

Caught part of their stream, they seemed have their act together and would have taken it down even with out the red reticule fix. Getting to the 3 sniper pack, while a pain, was not really the block in this fight so this bug fix is a minor nerf.

What is interesting is now the kills on Thrasher involve "dps racing" the sniper packs instead of taken out the adds, which makes me wonder how the fight was "intended" to be done.