Pillars of Ashla Friday Night Fights and Saturday Smackdown!

FurienLongbollt

HEY YO!! Your PvP Host with the Most ASHES here!!

First I feel I would like to start over as I came in to a well established sandbox and started kicking sand around rubbing people the wrong way by posting videos of us superqueueing. After some backlash out of respect I took them down. Please accept my apologies for those that dont like that kind of thing.

So with that I would like to inform you ahead of time as a guild we are slowing building PvP interest and are queueing every day Pub and Imp side. In most cases the teams are usually 1-3 people that just happen to be on at the same time. Now that the word is out some people have joined us and sometimes the teams can grow to 4-6. I am here to let you know today the teams that I run with more than 4 on a team i will work to keep on our Friday Night Fights event but may pick up a few times during the week. Here is an example of a team. We actually brought someone into their first huttball and it was a great one that came down to the last second. Click the link below to watch. Spoiler there are 5 of us on the team so if you are offended by this type of stuff please don't watch.

Also sometimes we queue up we end up fighting eachother! Warning 7 of us queued and one team got 3 and the other got 4. Again if you are easily offended please look elsewhere!

We even make time to have a little fun on Imp side. I am learning lightening spec and am uber bad so two of us queued here. We had a small gut from the first match i got stomped 6-0 but wanted the beginning that is why there is a jump.

And YES we can PvP in the 55 bracket!! Not super well. This win was not all i would have liked because the other team ran short and played from behind all match. Props for sticking with it. The rest of the night another premade was stomping the hell out of us...Luna, Knoxx and Juice all had to wipe their feet before driving home because of the mess they left us in. I certainly have a lot still to learn.

Everyonce in a while we get a celebrity to stop by. Mucho gracias to Bella'Mortis for hanging out and grats on 55 today. You make every team better when you are on it.

So as you can see we are still quite the motley bunch having a good time. I hope that when you see us in zone you give a shout out so we can send a gg back. So I look forward to seeing you in the WZ next Friday and Saturday.

glhf ;)

Ash

Edited by FurienLongbollt

HEY YO!! Your PvP Host with the Most ASHES here!!

Ash

Ashes I all ready said hi to you unicorn stampede/blood bath style in a hypergate the other night when you were on your healer. You just might remember the sin that you had to run from the hole match. This is my welcome to the 55 bracket were it's a hole new animal. then lowbie super que's.

Welcome to the jungle it gets worse here every day

Ya learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play.

P.S yes i have toon in both unicorn and blood bath no blood bath has nothing to do with unicorn stampede. But i will always be unicorn at heart.

I will have to see what all is involved with that. I suppose at its easiest is to get 8 people and queue for ranked and hope someone shows up....

it involves spamming fleet for at least 16 people who would join in rwzs, a voice chat server, and then splitting the two teams as evenly as possible and queueing. it just takes a lot of time to organize.

it involves spamming fleet for at least 16 people who would join in rwzs, a voice chat server, and then splitting the two teams as evenly as possible and queueing. it just takes a lot of time to organize.

Perhaps a better way would be to our out a sign up roster on the boards with some alternate spots available. Is that an ootion?

Ashes I all ready said hi to you unicorn stampede/blood bath style in a hypergate the other night when you were on your healer. You just might remember the sin that you had to run from the hole match. This is my welcome to the 55 bracket were it's a hole new animal. then lowbie super que's.

Welcome to the jungle it gets worse here every day

Ya learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play.

P.S yes i have toon in both unicorn and blood bath no blood bath has nothing to do with unicorn stampede. But i will always be unicorn at heart.

Don't think it is that different. Some of the differences I noticed were

1. Its faster considerably so. Also the better players are a lot better.

2. Its hard to score kills and requires more focus on objectives

3. 50% of the people participating are wearing pve gear not because its better just because its what they Have

4. Most people are cool, friendly, and nice.

5. Its more fun with people you know.

thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to running from you again.

sometimes the teams can grow to 4-6. I am here to let you know today the teams that I run with more than 4 on a team i will work to keep on our Friday Night Fights event but may pick up a few times during the week.

I'm not sure if youdon't know what you're talking about or you're just a superDouche, but here's a suggestion: if you have 6 ppl, run two teams of 3 and stop trying for a superQ. it's just as fun to play against friends as with them -- more so when they're in voice with you.

I find it pretty frackin' funny that as soon as unicorns start acting civilized, and helping the community with kick ball et al., you show up pushing the same crap that earned them such derision.

I'm not sure if youdon't know what you're talking about or you're just a superDouche, but here's a suggestion: if you have 6 ppl, run two teams of 3 and stop trying for a superQ. it's just as fun to play against friends as with them -- more so when they're in voice with you.

I find it pretty frackin' funny that as soon as unicorns start acting civilized, and helping the community with kick ball et al., you show up pushing the same crap that earned them such derision.

I Am sorry you feel that way. I hope our event on Friday s doesn't impact you much. It will be from 9:30-11:30 eastern so you may plan accordingly.

Gg

The best time IMO is right after most ops are finished it works well with Unicorn Stampede

? not sure what works well with us? anyway ill be back in country tomorrow and will be doing ranked kickball tomorrow night. check the thread about ranked kickball for more information. hope you guys can come out and have a good time

PS Im glad someone thinks that unicorns are not what we used to be and that ppl recognize we're trying to help this server :D

Edited by Cinerous

PS Im glad someone thinks that unicorns are not what we used to be and that ppl recognize we're trying to help this server :D

Then perhaps your members should bother responding to people who attempt to ask a question about the guild instead of ignoring them. I've attempted to ask a few people in Unicorn Stampede about the guild and not one person has bothered to even reply to a simply yes or no question.

Last time I saw Unicorns in pvp, they were farming kills in Huttball. Unicorns are still the same for the most part.

Then perhaps your members should bother responding to people who attempt to ask a question about the guild instead of ignoring them. I've attempted to ask a few people in Unicorn Stampede about the guild and not one person has bothered to even reply to a simply yes or no question.

well i apoligize for that but to be fair you have no way of knowing whether they were ignoring you, simply didnt see your message, were afk or were in a match or something, but if you wanna ask about the guild find me in game on any of my toons listed in my signature. ive been on zhorrid more than the others recently tryna get some gear. or just hop in our mumble, we have an open mumble policy

Intentionally extending a 5-0 Huttball where they clearly overmatched the opposition is in poor taste imo. Hiding with the ball in the bin on the sides so the ball carrier can't be attacked directly, you know what I'm talking about. No guild concerned with their image would do that, they would end the match and get it over with.

Intentionally extending a 5-0 Huttball where they clearly overmatched the opposition is in poor taste imo. Hiding with the ball in the bin on the sides so the ball carrier can't be attacked directly, you know what I'm talking about. No guild concerned with their image would do that, they would end the match and get it over with.

lol well how many other guilds do you see starting ranked kickball? (every single ranked kickball ive heard of since LD left has been Unicorn sponsored) how many other guilds will take random pugs into their group for pvp to help them with their gameplay and to help them get their dailies done? none that ive heard of. there may be some hot heads in Unicorns but as a guild we do a lot for this server imo. dont let a few bad matches let you get the wrong idea

I'd just caution you (quasi-personal/general) against abusing ppl in in regs. if PD feels like it, they can very easily throw together a team and make your kick-ball games a nightmare...which was ostensibly why CM stopped doing them. uncensored and unicorns jumped in queues with real teams.

I am very hot headed admittedly, but I don't intentionally farm people in warzones. There is a difference. I am not saying its everyone, but if you truly want to rebuild the image of your guild, that stuff shouldn't fly. Just my .02 for what little it is worth.

I am very hot headed admittedly, but I don't intentionally farm people in warzones. There is a difference. I am not saying its everyone, but if you truly want to rebuild the image of your guild, that stuff shouldn't fly. Just my .02 for what little it is worth.

yeah farming bad pug teams is pathetic. Just win the game and let every one move on. No need to make a match go on longer then it needs to.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

Before transfers I encountered them doing this with superqueues while talking **** the entire time on several occations. Now its only a standard premade, an improvement I guess. Aww who am i kidding? They probably just didn't have enough people on for a superqueue;)

Does 7 count as a superqueue? <The Ebon Remnant> ran 7 last night in lowbies and good times were had. Lost our first match before we got our **** together and ran off a few wins. Only thing that stopped us was when we got split queue and my 3 person team and some pugs (with no healer) stomped the other 4 and their pugs(our pugs were better i guess) in voidstar lol. Kinda killed the vibe, but it was fun while it lasted.

I was hoping to catch Pillars in one of theirs for pseudo lowbie ranked. That would've been a blast I think. Maybe we'll catch you guys tonight.

Edited by ace_boogie

Does 7 count as a superqueue? <The Ebon Remnant> ran 7 last night in lowbies and good times were had. Lost our first match before we got our **** together and ran off a few wins. Only thing that stopped us was when we got split queue and my 3 person team and some pugs (with no healer) stomped the other 4 and their pugs(our pugs were better i guess) in voidstar lol. Kinda killed the vibe, but it was fun while it lasted.

I was hoping to catch Pillars in one of theirs for pseudo lowbie ranked. That would've been a blast I think. Maybe we'll catch you guys tonight.

a superQ is where more than one grp of 2-4 players purposely Q-dodge in order to land on the same team. it is not simply the fact that two grps from the same guild end up on the same team. so yes, 7 could have been a superQ. no, it doesn't mean it was one. I realize you were being tongue-in-cheek, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to clarify for all.

:)