Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

My my, you people would do anything to defend bioware, without reading any of the original post.

They are not defending BioWare as much as they are commenting on the absurdity of your tears.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it wasnt.

I got something for free that anyone can use. Thats not subscriber exclusive. Everyone can use cartel coins. Nothing special there.

Lets be honest here, youd do anything to defend this game.

Well, you can call it whatever you like.

Doesn't change the fact that you got something for free that other people have to pay to get.

The exclusivity is in the fact that you get those extra 500CC only as a subscriber. You can buy them for real money, sure. But you got them for FREE.

And no, I wouldn't do anything to defend this game. Especially not against accusations like yours. lol

Agreed. This is like getting a gift card for your birthday. Go buy what you want :D The OP on the other hand is just not happy because it was a gift card and not a new car.

Gift cards are lazy. Its like "heres some money, buy your own present"

A present you made yourself to give to someone is more thoughtful.

So, the main thing I've been caring about lately in this game is the achievements. Is there anything I can do with Cartel Coins that can help with getting achievements (serious question, not cynicism)? If not, then I couldn't possibly care less about this reward. But then, I'm not sure what else they really could have given me that I would actually care about, so I see little reason to complain here.

Gift cards are lazy. Its like "heres some money, buy your own present"

A present you made yourself to give to someone is more thoughtful.

Well then, your entire argument is a Troll since there is no way BW could make 250k unique items and ingame mail them to subs.

Since you already have shown your troll status in this thread, and confessed it in the other, I'm done.

On my way out... I'd like to say:

THANK YOU BIOWARE FOR THE FREE COINS! I PLAN TO SHOP WHEN I GET HOME LATER :D

Edited by Superman_AZ

So, the main thing I've been caring about lately in this game is the achievements. Is there anything I can do with Cartel Coins that can help with getting achievements (serious question, not cynicism)? If not, then I couldn't possibly care less about this reward. But then, I'm not sure what else they really could have given me that I would actually care about, so I see little reason to complain here.

Idk, maybe a nice new legacy weapon, say a choice of them , a new pet, some more subscriber exclusive convenience rewards...many many things...

And here come the people who don't realize there are other people who have different opinions, who may want something other than 500 cartel coins. Its very very difficult for people in this thread to grasp that concept.

Well then, your entire argument is a Troll since there is no way BW could make 250k unique items and ingame mail them to subs.

What about the rewards I get every time I make a new character...the pet...the vehicle...the title unlock etc....

Who's the troll now? :)

Ah well, not trying to be too ungrateful, the 500cc are appreciated, but I can't help being disappointed just the same. When I first read about the subscriber appreciation thing I was sure that it'd be something sub exclusive like a pet, speeder or a title even.

Well 500cc are 500cc but it still feels like receiving a tie or socks as a christmas present, it's just the most unimaginative gift I can think of.

Ah well, not trying to be too ungrateful, the 500cc are appreciated, but I can't help being disappointed just the same. When I first read about the subscriber appreciation thing I was sure that it'd be something sub exclusive like a pet, speeder or a title even.

Well 500cc are 500cc but it still feels like receiving a tie or socks as a christmas present, it's just the most unimaginative gift I can think of.

I'm sure they kept it as non-denominational as possible. Would hate to have a riot because Subs got some awesome speeder and F2P got the finger.

Thats great. I appreciate them actually bothering to do something, but the 500cc in my opinion really wasnt necessary. Id rather something unique for subscribers tha no one BUT subscribers can use, like a new item or something. But oh well, people will come and call you a special snowflake and laugh at you for trying to be unique.

I'm almost on the same page as you OP. But I feel that you made some assumptions and got your hopes up.

All the devs promissed was that the subscribers would be given something that would not be given to F2P or preferred players. They did not, at any point, say that subscribers would be given an exclusive item. The giving of the item was exclusive to subscribers, the item itself was not said to be exclusive. They could have just as easily given all subscribers a thone/chair mount, the point is they were giving it only to subscribers.

They just decided that instead of giving <item> they would give 500 cartel coins.

I've never bought cartel coins. I have spent some on account unlocks over time, don't need to do that anymore. Nowadays, I've got 4k+ cartel coins that I don't really use. Every now and then I account-unlock an armor set from the cartel market that I want to use for various companions. So an extra 500 cartel coins... I may use it eventually, I may not.

Would I have preferred they give us something that shows they appreciate the subscriptions we pay each month? Of course. A one-time grant of cartel coins doesn't so much say "we appreciate you" to me. That's my opinon, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that Bioware thinks that 500 CC show their appreciation for their subscribers.

I would additionally like to point out something which I think is incorrect. There is a difference between "free" and "for no additional charge". Many people are calling the cartel coins susbscribers get as "free" when they are really "for no additional cost". We're already giving the company money (about $15 a month). If we stop giving them the monthly money, they'll stop giving us the monthly coins. They are not free.

Edited by Jaing

I'm almost on the same page as you OP. But I feel that you made some assumptions and got your hopes up.

All the devs promissed was that the subscribers would be given something that would not be given to F2P or preferred players. They did not, at any point, say that subscribers would be given an exclusive item. The giving of the item was exclusive to subscribers, the item itself was not said to be exclusive. They could have just as easily given all subscribers a thone/chair mount, the point is they were giving it only to subscribers.

They just decided that instead of giving <item> they would give 500 cartel coins.

I've never bought cartel coins. I have spent some on account unlocks over time, don't need to do that anymore. Nowadays, I've got 4k+ cartel coins that I don't really use. Every now and then I account-unlock an armor set from the cartel market that I want to use for various companions. So an extra 500 cartel coins... I may use it eventually, I may not.

Would I have preferred they give us something that shows they appreciate the subscriptions we pay each month? Of course. A one-time grant of cartel coins doesn't so much say "we appreciate you" to me. That's my opinon, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that Bioware thinks that 500 CC show their appreciation for their subscribers.

I would additionally like to point out something which I think is incorrect. There is a difference between "free" and "for no additional charge". Many people are calling the cartel coins susbscribers get as "free" when they are really "for no additional cost". We're already giving the company money (about $15 a month). If we stop giving them the monthly money, they'll stop giving us the monthly coins. They are not free.

I'm glad someone with some sense has replied to my post in a calm and rational manner, thank you for not being childish and calling me a "special snowflake" or whatever.

I also spend cartel coins on convienience items, but I never buy items and sell them.

Idk, maybe a nice new legacy weapon, say a choice of them , a new pet, some more subscriber exclusive convenience rewards...many many things...

And here come the people who don't realize there are other people who have different opinions, who may want something other than 500 cartel coins. Its very very difficult for people in this thread to grasp that concept.

We grasp that concept. BW couldn't do any single thing that would have pleased everyone. This was probably the best compromise.

When I make a new character the first thing I do is go to the mailbox and delete all the pets, fireworks and other items I have no use for. I appreciate BW giving them to me, but I have absolutely no use for them. For me at least, the coins can go toward something I will actually get some use out of.

So basically this is "Hey, heres five bucks to each of you subscribers" to which you (the OP) replies "I hate you!"

Yeah, that sounds right...

You are indeed Greedy.

Entitled.

Spoiled.

You are given something for free and you are whining about it.

You are like one of those spoiled 12 year old kids that get an iphone for xmas and whines about it because you wanted an samsung galaxy...

We grasp that concept. BW couldn't do any single thing that would have pleased everyone. This was probably the best compromise.

When I make a new character the first thing I do is go to the mailbox and delete all the pets, fireworks and other items I have no use for. I appreciate BW giving them to me, but I have absolutely no use for them. For me at least, the coins can go toward something I will actually get some use out of.

Unfortunately many people in this thread cant understand that some people didn't want the 500 cartel coins, and would rather have something else that would make them feel more appreciated as a subscriber.

So basically this is "Hey, heres five bucks to each of you subscribers" to which you (the OP) replies "I hate you!"

Yeah, that sounds right...

You are indeed Greedy.

Entitled.

Spoiled.

You are given something for free and you are whining about it.

You are like one of those spoiled 12 year old kids that get an iphone for xmas and whines about it because you wanted an samsung galaxy...

reported for harassment.

Unfortunately many people in this thread cant understand that some people didn't want the 500 cartel coins, and would rather have something else that would make them feel more appreciated as a subscriber.

Had you phrase it like THAT... you would have gotten a lot less commentary from people. If you want to say "Thanks" and then provide a constructive "I wish it would have been..." to your comment, it would have been more well received. As it is, you came off sounding like an ungrateful brat and even childishly taunted people to call you greedy and self entitled. Conversing as a calm adult who formulates polite and coherent threads will get you treated much differently next time.