The Que

nosmos

There is a severe lack of 'something-to-do' if you are not on your healer or tank toon, do not feel like grinding daily's...again, and are not in a raid. This is mostly just PVE (personally, I stopped PVP'n awhile back...i go in spurts).

What to do? Sit around on the fleet for 45 minutes waiting for an FP que pop. This is ridiculous. I went inactive for a few months when 2.0 hit the PTS - and it was never this bad before. I feel like I can't gear up any of my dps toons in 69's because I simply will not wait an hour for a group finder que to pop.

What can we do about this, folks? (BW)

It's what happens when everybody and their brother plays DPS. Everybody wants to be the guy who deals sick damage in combat. I see the same thing happen in D&D too; parties with 3 or 4 strikers (those are always fun to DM :p).

It really doesn't help that every advanced class has at least 2 of their 3 specs in DPS.

I'm not sure what the best solution is for DPS PvE players. : \

I think it has something to do with having only 4 level 55 flashpoints - and tiers of FP's that do not progress past a harder 'almost raid like' level with better rewards.

I am sure most are bored of the same 4, and after the weekly done there's no real reason to run them.

A non-trinity system doesn't work. There is no real way around the issue of no tanks/healers. Unless they give better rewards for tanks when they are in high demand (like wow does) you will continue to see queue issues.

True, maybe they should consider making it tank/healer/3 dps - and re-work the fp's

most if not every mmo has such issues.

in eq1 you would wait to get a mezzer/slower

in eq2 you would wait to get a mana regen / debuffer

in vanilla wow the group leader wouldnt invite anyone of the same class/ gear type he had to roll against.

in rift it was a support class.

in this game so many people have given crap to tanks and healers that they only go with players they know or get one other to fill the group.

my healing pug days are over after too many occurrences of tank going one way, a dps another and me getting blamed to unable to heal both with mobs beating on me which both dps ignored.

you couldn't entice me nor many of my guildies to queue up solo in the lfd anymore. the damage has been done. players unguilded are now paying the piper.

my advice is to make some friends. it is a mmo after all.

most if not every mmo has such issues.

in eq1 you would wait to get a mezzer/slower

in eq2 you would wait to get a mana regen / debuffer

in vanilla wow the group leader wouldnt invite anyone of the same class/ gear type he had to roll against.

in rift it was a support class.

in this game so many people have given crap to tanks and healers that they only go with players they know or get one other to fill the group.

my healing pug days are over after too many occurrences of tank going one way, a dps another and me getting blamed to unable to heal both with mobs beating on me which both dps ignored.

you couldn't entice me nor many of my guildies to queue up solo in the lfd anymore. the damage has been done. players unguilded are now paying the piper.

lol, in a guild (Chosen on po5)

But thanks for the tip!

Most of my characters are tanks because it's what I like to do, and I've had almost no trouble with other players in PUGs. I try to be friendly and talkative and tolerant of mistakes (because I'm hardly perfect), but in the rare cases I do have problems with another player I can just tell the party that we're kicking the guy or they're loosing their tank. Nobody wants to wait in the queue for another tank.

I love queuing as a tank. Boss people around, run as quickly, or as slowly as I want. Let DPS die that break CC, don't save anyone but the healer, exit FP if everyone is bad, and be able to queue again in a couple of short minutes (with an instant pop).

Life as a tank is gooooood.

Sorry for your issues, DPS.

this basically, in a nutshell. I've noticed more and more people queueing as at least partial premade. I myself have been queueing in a partial (or full) premade.

I still pug while leveling and on my healer every once in a while, but my tanks are for friends/guildies only. not sure how bioware can fix it, since it would require fixing people.

heck even today, I grouped for couple of things and I just wanted to hurt something in real life.

stop using knockback willy nilly. stop jumping ahead of me. stop breaking cc. etc .etc .etc. people are the problem. but by not being a problem yourself, you can make some friends and no longer have to deal with problems. or long queues

The same problem happens in all MMOs where the trinity exists, sadly. In WoW, like TOR, if you queue up on your tank as a tank, you'll almost instantly get into an instance. Same going for healers. DPS can wait upwards of 4 hours at times. It's sad, but there isn't much the game companies can do. They can't force people to play as tank or heals. They can only encourage it by offering certain rewards only for 'in demand' roles.

Might I suggest finishing off any exploration you haven't done, getting any planetary achievements you haven't got, maybe some space missions or some crafting if you aren't maxed out yet? There's plenty of filler content you can do while waiting for the queue.

Edited by Bomyne

I love queuing as a tank. Boss people around, run as quickly, or as slowly as I want. Let DPS die that break CC, don't save anyone but the healer, exit FP if everyone is bad, and be able to queue again in a couple of short minutes (with an instant pop).

Life as a tank is gooooood.

Sorry for your issues, DPS.

i have all 8 ac's, i mostly que as a tank or on one my heals, simply because que'n on a dps takes way to long. That's the issue

A non-trinity system doesn't work. There is no real way around the issue of no tanks/healers. Unless they give better rewards for tanks when they are in high demand (like wow does) you will continue to see queue issues.

A non trinity system works just fine...the trinity system is rather new. First mmo i've heard that had it was WoW, but forgive me, since PC mmos were not my forte. The problem is, it still gives the problem of low tanks.

What really hurts the level 55 queue, is that they lowered the Tank drop rate to 1 in 9 at best, more like 1 in 16.

A non trinity system works just fine...the trinity system is rather new. First mmo i've heard that had it was WoW, but forgive me, since PC mmos were not my forte. The problem is, it still gives the problem of low tanks.

What really hurts the level 55 queue, is that they lowered the Tank drop rate to 1 in 9 at best, more like 1 in 16.

I disagree, the newer non-trinity games like GW2 are really bad at dungeons. It's mostly a zerg fest of people constantly dying and banging their heads with no real strategy involved. If you watch videos of boss fights in GW2 you can see how bad it is.

Edited by spectreclees

I disagree, the newer non-trinity games like GW2 are really bad at dungeons. It's mostly a zerg fest of people constantly dying and banging their heads with no real strategy involved. If you watch videos of boss fights in GW2 you can see how bad it is.

The normal non trinity is this: Tank, Heals, DPS, Support.

GW2 is not a good game, and afaik is a trinity...could be wrong, but I thoughta ll they had was dps heals tanks...except everyone can heal tank and dps...so...yeah. That's not a traditional MMO system.

The normal MMO system is / was what I listed before, the normal quad. Where you needed support for resource management. Think Mana healers, they upped regen and helped with buffs but had lower dps. Much more vital than DPS themselves.

There is no real way around the issue of no tanks/healers. Unless they give better rewards for tanks when they are in high demand (like wow does) you will continue to see queue issues.

I like healers and just lvled up two tanks

i have no issue with ques! :-)

I like healers and just lvled up two tanks

i have no issue with ques! :-)

Never said I did either. I'm just saying that for those that play a DPS the queues will always be an issue.

The normal non trinity is this: Tank, Heals, DPS, Support.

GW2 is not a good game, and afaik is a trinity...could be wrong, but I thoughta ll they had was dps heals tanks...except everyone can heal tank and dps...so...yeah. That's not a traditional MMO system.

The normal MMO system is / was what I listed before, the normal quad. Where you needed support for resource management. Think Mana healers, they upped regen and helped with buffs but had lower dps. Much more vital than DPS themselves.

Huh? A non trinity is when everyone can do whatever they want as far I know.

Edited by spectreclees