The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to make the ewok not buy able by cc

Greenify

Sorry to disappoint, but that answer would be "NO", nor have I used those CC's to purchase packs to sell on the GTN, or the podracer speeder with the extra protection.

Any other questions?

You will not find me paying to bypass a requirement and have something handed to me for no effort just because I'm too lazy to work for what I want or I "have to have it now".

So if I choose to use my CC's that I pay for through my sub each month, I'm gaining an unfair advantage by using the system as BW designed it?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if it is obtained through the cartel shop provided that there is no way to pass the requirement of legacy 40. People that have that legacy level deserve something special. I not even close to that level yet I hope they keep the legacy requirement there.

You will not find me paying to bypass a requirement and have something handed to me for no effort just because I'm too lazy to work for what I want or I "have to have it now".

One is not exactly an Olympian when they play an MMO. It can be said that everyone that plays an MMO is lazy. It's a lazy form of entertainment after all.

One spends just as many calories playing an MMO on a PC as they do engaging in a bowel movement.

I don't care if it is obtained through the cartel shop provided that there is no way to pass the requirement of legacy 40. People that have that legacy level deserve something special. I not even close to that level yet I hope they keep the legacy requirement there.

That's the fun of this arguement, nothing has been officially confirmed so people are freaking out without any solid ground to stand on.

well if it on the CM, it will mosty likely bypass legacy otherwise it will just be silly.

That's the fun of this arguement, nothing has been officially confirmed so people are freaking out without any solid ground to stand on.

So, just so we understand each other, are you in favor of allowing people to simply pay to bypass the legacy level 40 requirement?

Do you think that they should leave the legacy 40 requirement and simply allow CC's as an alternate means of payment once a player has unlocked the companion by reaching legacy 40?

If I were to ring in I think either a CC unlock without legacy 40 would be fine, or requiring 40 would be ok as well.

If I had a preference I think it would nice to give it a level 40 legacy requirement because it would add to the meaning of legacy levels, but if they go they way they have been going with CC unlocks it might end up being a straight unlock.

I can live with either one.

So, just so we understand each other, are you in favor of allowing people to simply pay to bypass the legacy level 40 requirement?

Do you think that they should leave the legacy 40 requirement and simply allow CC's as an alternate means of payment once a player has unlocked the companion by reaching legacy 40?

I tend to lean to whichever provides the greatest variety of options for the entire player base. If a customer wants to pay RL money to make their gameplay more fun by buying an Ewok, I support that.

Ideally, I'd like to see something more on the lines of

1. A CC only option

2. A credit only option

3. A discounted credit option for Legacy level 'x'

Then maybe offer a credit and/or CC option to unlock across all characters on your legacy. To me, this would address all the issues that everyone is bringing up, kinda middle of the road per se.

Well... we have been benefactors of miscommunication at times...however.. this was pretty clear today:

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6494139&postcount=124

I know I am probably putting a fresh rant_target on the topic by highlighting the above.... but it is important to read it in context and carefully. I read it as two ways to get the compannon: 1) CC OR 2) Legacy40+1Mcredits.

Treek is going to be one very popular CM item on the GTN if he is direct buy off the market. :D

Edited by Andryah

Then why did they put in a legacy system when everything seems to be bypassing it especially for the ones that have put in the time and work on it.

I can understand how some of them will feel. They have worked to get where they are yet bw ignores the work they have done by allowing this to be purchased without the requirement of the legacy level.

Well... we have been benefactors of miscommunication at times...however.. this was pretty clear today:

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6494139&postcount=124

I know I am probably putting a fresh rant_target on the topic by highlighting the above.... but it is important to read it in context and carefully. I read it as two ways to get the compannon: 1) CC OR 2) Legacy40+1Mcredits.

Treek is going to be one very popular CM item on the GTN if he is direct buy off the market. :D

Very true, I just always expect changes to occur until it hits live servers....Maybe the Sub Appreciation gift this weekend is a free Ewok for subscribers :)

I wondered about why there was so much passion about the Ewok and how people are flashing cash and saying no no it's all good so i just simply searched after catching up pages 12-15 or so on this thread. Well i searched the work Ewok and watched this one and well don't messs with treeg she will mess you up or another 4 letter word you up.

weird lol.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I wondered about why there was so much passion about the Ewok and how people are flashing cash and saying no no it's all good so i just simply searched after catching up pages 12-15 or so on this thread. Well i searched the work Ewok and watched this one and well don't messs with treeg she will mess you up or another 4 letter word you up.

weird lol.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Lol that was great :D

Then why did they put in a legacy system when everything seems to be bypassing it especially for the ones that have put in the time and work on it.

TO GIVE PEOPLE CHOICES in how they want to pursue QoL and fluffy content.

Very true, I just always expect changes to occur until it hits live servers....Maybe the Sub Appreciation gift this weekend is a free Ewok for subscribers :)

LOL... yeah... Ewoks for veterans. Then we can enjoy a massive forum meltdown on what "cut off" for "veteran" means, who picked it, and then comes pitchforks and flamethrowers :D

It's like watching a Mel Brooks comedy around here sometimes. :p

I disagree. I think Legacy Levels are a hindrance to those of us who want to play, and are willing to spend ungodly amounts of money, but just don't have the 20+ hours a week to spend playing a silly game. We want to log in, buy stuff in the market, do some missions, and log out.

To what end? Do you see it as ok to buy top end raid armor because one has loads of cash but not enough time to raid? Would it be ok to pay for a level 55 because someone doesn't have time to level but wants to play dress up? Where is the line drawn? Is there not a line for you at all? Im not bashing your opinion Im just asking sincerely how far it goes for you.

IMO at some point a game has to be a game. I think by giving a pass on legacy level by paying cash then it is moving further away from a game and more into a straight up pay for what you want. The more that happens the less of a game it becomes.

MMOs became less of an MMO, imo, from the I want it now crowd. I understand people don't want to devote a lot of time to playing video games but in reality, what is the point of playing at all if you can just buy everything. You don't have to devote a lot of time at once in this case. You just have to devote it over time. Its not like its hard to hit legacy 40, if you actually play the game at all. Run dailies, play alts, do some dungeons. Those are the 3 top ways to earn legacy. If you aren't doing any of those things, then what are you doing?

Been this way since November though. Why complain about it now? Because it is a companion?

It's all fluff or QoL convenience content via Legacy level+credits or early unlock via CM.

By they way.. this is not just for Legacy either. Cargo tabs were level locked until F2P, when CM unlocks became available. Why not complain about things like this as well?

My point is.. these are fluff and QoL content.. not end game PvP/Raid gear we are talking about. An Ewok companion introduces another layer of fun for some players in the game. It does not offer any advantage or earned value...it's a fun companion that is also functional.

And companions are for the solo component of the game, they are not a factor in FPs/OPs/etc at end game. Many players have been vocally dismissive of companions in the forum for a long time now. Then we get a little furry Companion that you can pay (one way or the other) to unlock and it's like they shot the holy grail of MMOdom or something.

I didn't complain about it. I offered my opinion about it. There is a difference.

TO GIVE PEOPLE CHOICES in how they want to pursue QoL and fluffy content.

I am surprised you are not against this, I thought you would be for something earned outside of the cartel stuff and not be on the "want It now crowd", bandwagon

I figure you would be all like "you should just play the game" "legacy is easy too obtain if you play"

Don't get me wrong I understand having two options, but it was nice to get something that we could work toward

Personally would rather see some quest line to earn the Ewok and not base it off cartel or legacy, but I just always like to see more rewards for questing and exploring

I am surprised you are not against this, I thought you would be for something earned outside of the cartel stuff and not be on the "want It now crowd", bandwagon

I figure you would be all like "you should just play the game" "legacy is easy too obtain if you play"

Don't get me wrong I understand having two options, but it was nice to get something that we could work toward

Personally would rather see some quest line to earn the Ewok and not base it off cartel or legacy, but I just always like to see more rewards for questing and exploring

I'm pragmatic. Success in todays MMO market has moved to player flexibility and choice. It has it's dark side (particularly in the context of "old school" subscriber thinking) but it has great win/win characteristics for a game designed for a broad audience base, which this MMO is. It's not a niche MMO for a niche player base. It's an MMO designed for casual play by a wide ranging player base and the best way to serve such diversity is through choices rather then forced constraints.

what you call win/win is essentially winning by playing the game, or winning by buying the trophy at the end.

that makes me think you're not credible to state what will or will not make an MMO successful in today's market.

I am a casual players and I hate the cash shop. All this does is cheapen my in game accomplishments and takes from my enjoyment of the game. We used to play these and the best looking gear was a sign of something, now it is just a symbol of how much money you throw away. I find it sad that someone can brag about spending $250 on the Cm it should be something to ashamed of.

Please explain to me how the way people spend their money or time in a game cheapens your accomplishments? I mean seriously who are you to judge how much money a person spends on their hobby. Here's something, I have probably spent more than $250 on the CM and guess what I am NOT ashamed at all.

Wait a minute, the argument I keep seeing is "People should have to WORK and put EFFORT into getting the Ewok!" but then they're pefectly OK with it being given for free? :rolleyes: