Remove vote kick

Canmore

EXIT area button is there if your unhappy

Seriously? You do realize that if those 3 people left group they would get a debuff preventing them from rejoining the que? Once they get back in they would have to wait for a 3rd.

Sorry you and your friend don't like it. But asking people to waste their time because your friend doesn't have enough gear to run the FP in the first place is a little ridiculous. He should be running dailies for comms to get better gear and buuy the unlock for it. Sure, a group of well tuned players could do it in blues, but you can't expect people who have put the time in to gear-up to carry other people. If they are willing to, then awesome, if not, you can't fault them for that.

Vote kick works fine as intended. If you have 3 people vote kicking you from the group, chances are the problem IS you.

Edited by Lugosi

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kick is there for more reasons than to remove people who suck at the game. In fact, that's probably one of the lesser, non-important reasons.. cause, after all, you're doing the FP to get the gear. It makes little sense to remove someone because they don't have the gear yet. How else are they going to get it?

Other, more important reasons for why the vote kick feature is necessary:

-Remove players who D/C or remain afk for extended periods of time with no indications of returning.

-Remove negative players who insult the rest of the group for no reason.

-Remove players who queue as specs they have no intention of filling just so they can get into a group faster.

OP, I'm pretty sensitive to non-sub restrictions, but IMO in this case you are way off base. The unlock exists for this purpose and is permanent. If neither of you can afford the CC's, there's usually a few available via the GTN that's affordable by anybody that can run dailies for a week or two.

Other than that, find a guild or other people willing to run through them with him. There are geared 55's out there looking for basic comms.

Friend of mine is repeatedly kicked from flashpoints because he is a F2P player. and because of restrictions. he can only equip level 50 blue mods . After all if anyone is not happy they have the option to leave without humiliating the guy with a game mechanic that promotes bad feelings and not enjoyable play

He should be kicked, because he needs to be geared to do the flashpoint. Don't blame the players for knowing what armor rating is required. If anything, blame EA/Bioware for charging for using artifact equipment for F2P. The only humiliation he should feel is seeing how long it takes him to stop queuing for flashpoints while he is undergeared.

good idea

but my argument stands if they are going to restrict people with some stuff that was implemented pre F2P it needs to go

No, it doesn't. The vote kick feature is necessary to vote out the rare person who is: undergeared, needing everything, or doesn't have a clue how to play his class and refuses to take advice.

as for the other reply my point still stands if your not happy their is an exit area button to use , no need to humiliate someone

You want the entire rest of the group to leave and re-queue if they don't want to play with an undergeared player. That's ridiculous. He's undergeared, he shouldn't be doing the flashpoint. His mistake, not theirs. That's like me driving my Sebring for a street racing contest, seeing 3 heavily maxed out cars sitting next to me, and thinking either that I can keep up with them, or acting hurt if they tell me I can't race.

im sorry guys but vote kick was implemented before f2p gear restrictions where put in and needs to be amended or removed so that people can enjoy content without getting removed simply because some guy feels hes not up to scratch . and i will say it again YOU have the option to hit EXIT AREA if your not happy .

Still no. This is a prime example of what vote kick is for. He definitely falls in the category for what it's made for.

i give up . i guess im the only kind hearted person on the forums today

Just because someone (or 99%) of posters here disagree with you, doesn't mean you are the only "kind hearted" person on the forums. It does mean you are the only one who believes the way you do, and thus, you have little chance of changing this.

that would work for me . but that still leaves the issue of people having the power to kick a person from a flashpoint who is trying to have fun . have gamers become so intolerant over the years we cant handle the fact that some people need more assistance doing content than others .

most people in the 50 plus bracket are not ******s who need to be vote kicked cause of bad behavour . most of those guys are on your ignore list long ago .

some of the posters are correct i try group with him with friends as much as possible but everytime he uses GF when we are not on its kick time .

He can try to have fun all he wants, but if he is dragging the group down and causing wipes, he is killing their fun. 3/4 are not having fun, thus a vote kick. Majority rule.

Already answered above, stupid request.

That all being said, I wouldn't have a problem with Bioware/EA rewarding a F2P/Preferred player with a free artifact authorization unlock once they hit 50. That takes a lot of patience. But I highly doubt this will happen.

The kick is there for more reasons than to remove people who suck at the game. In fact, that's probably one of the lesser, non-important reasons.. cause, after all, you're doing the FP to get the gear. It makes little sense to remove someone because they don't have the gear yet. How else are they going to get it?

Other, more important reasons for why the vote kick feature is necessary:

-Remove players who D/C or remain afk for extended periods of time with no indications of returning.

-Remove negative players who insult the rest of the group for no reason.

-Remove players who queue as specs they have no intention of filling just so they can get into a group faster.

Thank you soul of flames for putting forward some legitimate reasons for vote kick and i understand better atm why it needs to stay .

its a shame it is open to abuse by people who want to kick cause someone because they dont not match there exacting standards, i see words like negligent getting used by some people and incompetant and wonder if we are talking brain surgery not a video game

anyway my last reply . im off to enjoy double XP weekend and i hope everyone else does too

I haven't reached end-game level yet, so I have a couple of questions so I can avoid being under-geared and running into the problems highlighted in this thread.

Where do you find the gear requirements for ops and hard-mode FPs?

And how can you tell whether someone has the appropriate gear? Does adaptable gear with high-end mods qualify, or does it have to be artifact gear?

As for the central issue, vote kick is necessary. It can be abused, but there are many circumstances where it's necessary.

I haven't reached end-game level yet, so I have a couple of questions so I can avoid being under-geared and running into the problems highlighted in this thread.

And how can you tell whether someone has the appropriate gear? Does adaptable gear with high-end mods qualify, or does it have to be artifact gear?

As for the central issue, vote kick is necessary. It can be abused, but there are many circumstances where it's necessary.

1. The gear requirements are outlined in the mission log for that particular run, providing you picked up the daily/weekly/yearly (kidding with the yearly of course....)

2. The inspect function from targeting that friendly player. Adaptable is fine as long as it is modded appropriately. Artifact, Custom, whatever. Just have the right mods at the right level.

Abusing the vote-kick is not okay but the fact is that, yes, it is a necessary tool.

Edited by Marrkin

The dailies/weeklies have the gear rating listed on them. And people go by the rating of the mods. It doesn't matter if you're wearing adaptable gear.

But, imo, people getting removed just because they are wearing blues is just stupid. If they are obviously undergeared that's one thing... but if their gear shows a semblance of knowing their class I see no reason to remove them. The gear rating listed is merely a recommendation. If you know how to play and are playing with a group that knows what they are doing, you can complete content even if you aren't completely up to the recommended level.

Go to queue for a flashpoint or hardmode. Hover your mouse over the list of hard mode flashpoints (or the list you are interested in) and it should pop up and give you a description.

You can tell when you right click their portrait and click "inspect player." This brings up their character screen. The mods quality so long as the item says "Item rating: 126" or whatever the rating for what you are trying to do is.

Edited by KorathTheCool

im sorry guys but vote kick was implemented before f2p gear restrictions where put in and needs to be amended or removed so that people can enjoy content without getting removed simply because some guy feels hes not up to scratch . and i will say it again YOU have the option to hit EXIT AREA if your not happy .

Using this logic, group finder was implemented before f2p,and therefor, group finder should be removed from the game, since your friend could not possibly humiliated if he were not put into the group in the first place.

The dailies/weeklies have the gear rating listed on them. And people go by the rating of the mods. It doesn't matter if you're wearing adaptable gear.

But, imo, people getting removed just because they are wearing blues is just stupid. If they are obviously undergeared that's one thing... but if their gear shows a semblance of knowing their class I see no reason to remove them. The gear rating listed is merely a recommendation. If you know how to play and are playing with a group that knows what they are doing, you can complete content even if you aren't completely up to the recommended level.

I agree, but I doubt that every group the OP's friend ended up with did an immediate gear check and then kicked him. It's not impossible, but it doesn't match my experiences at all. Most of the time, people only start checking the rest of the group's gear if someone isn't pulling their weight or out of boredom if someone has to go AFK.

I agree, but I doubt that every group the OP's friend ended up with did an immediate gear check and then kicked him. It's not impossible, but it doesn't match my experiences at all. Most of the time, people only start checking the rest of the group's gear if someone isn't pulling their weight or out of boredom if someone has to go AFK.

Typically, yes, the only exception being if a player has substantially less HP than they should have for that level with even mediocre gear. aka, people queuing for original Lost Island (HM) with full recruit gear.

Edited by GatorAndy
Clarification : LI(HM)

Actually, they were more balanced for purple daily com gear.

Gear Progression at Launch:

1- Hit 50 - go to Belsavis and/or Ilum and do dailies. Get coms, buy purple mods.

2- After you had a reasonable amount of dailies gear, you would hit HM Ops... it was HARD. (Remember how hard Esseles was back in March/April 2012? It was brutal.)

3- After you'd run a million FPs and had a mix of Tionese/Columi, you would go run Story Mode Eternity Vault, and STRUGGLE.

I cannot remember any time in this game's history (and I have been here since early access), where ANY endgame content, was tuned for a team full of leveling blues. Maybe a person or 2... but not a full team. And that has to be your benchmark.

1/ The Belsavis/Ilum vendors only sold hilts, barrels and armorings. Everything else you had to acquire by other means. The daily purples were never really a requirement, they were a luxury... a little boost to get you on your way.

2/

you would hit HM Ops... it was HARD.

Captain Obvious... of course it was hard they're HARD MODES!!! I never said you could face roll the flashpoints in blue 50 gear however if you put a team together who knew their roles wearing only blue gear (optimized for their role) they could meet the enrage timers, the tank could hold their own and the healer could heal enough. They might wipe but they'd make it through quite easily with enough effort, it would be harder (as in really tight) but doable.

3/ I've actually seen a 16k tank in EV do a better job than his 22k counterpart once. Why?... he listened instead of pulling a mob then rage quitting.

The only gear requirement for entry level 50 endgame (bar EC SM and maybe LI HM) is level 50 gear, that's it. The problem is though many over-gear to cover up their mistakes and expect everyone to have far too much gear than the group needs in order for it to be a face roll rather than a challenge.

That is complete nonsense.

Vote to kick is a necessary part of grouping and i personally have no problem vote kicking players who don't know what they doing or don't have the correct gear. Let me also say that it appears your friend had a soft skin and in this game people are harsh, people are mean and people are good. The best option is not to take it personally and get a equipment unlock. Also for the record it is ludercrous to suggest the OTHER players leave because of one player. It simply does not work like that and even suggesting it is selfish.

I'm not waiting 15 minutes in a lock out because someone sucks and has bad gear. Sorry I don't care if he's your friend, I'm someone's friend too, and so are the other two in group, you don't see people complaining about an abundance of undergeared people in FPs either, because most of them buy the artifact unlock so you can wear purples. This really is not a hard concept and it leads me to believe that, your friend (or you) is not good player either, most people don't inspect out of the gate and kick people, it has to be agreed upon by three members. So if he's getting kicked its not just because people are being mean. Most of us that play are adults, please act like an adult and stop this ridiculous argument to remove one a much needed quality of life feature.

Thank you.

Define "pulling their weight", please.

I'm just going to pull numbers out of the air here. If a boss requires an average of 1000 DPS to beat the enrage timer and one member of the group is in level 50 blues and is pulling 1100 DPS and the other members of the group are in the latest and greatest tier gear and are pulling 1900 DPS, does that mean that the player in blues is not "pulling his weight" even though his DPS is sufficient and the boss goes dies?

The level 50 HMs are doable with the level 50 blue mods purchased at the Correlian commendation vendor. At the start of the game that is how teams full of players geared only that well finished them before acquiring better gear through the flashpoints. More and higher gear is always gonna make it easier but 50 blues are adequate for the job at hand. After all we aren't talking about the new 55HMs just the level 50 ones.

That being said there is still no reason here to remove the vote kick feature.

Actually, you need the Tionese lvl mods 126 rating I believe, that is the requirement for 50 HM Fps. They used to give you a full set of Tionese gear when you hit 50 pre2.0, now you have to buy mods and armorings with classic comms, its not hard to do either, you learn your class better while doing the dailies, and you get gear. You will need purples to do them, if you're in blues you need to hope your group can carry you, or that they don't kick you because you're a decent player.

I will only kick a person if he's underperforming, being an arse, or just running around pulling stuff like a tard.

Actually, you need the Tionese lvl mods 126 rating I believe, that is the requirement for 50 HM Fps. They used to give you a full set of Tionese gear when you hit 50 pre2.0, now you have to buy mods and armorings with classic comms, its not hard to do either, you learn your class better while doing the dailies, and you get gear. You will need purples to do them, if you're in blues you need to hope your group can carry you, or that they don't kick you because you're a decent player.

I will only kick a person if he's underperforming, being an arse, or just running around pulling stuff like a tard.

They did start to give free tionese gear at level 50 pre 2.0, but that was most definitely not the case early in the game. You did not require purples to run HM FP's initially, nor are they "required" now for the level 50 HM's. Many people prefer to have groups in full purples(preferably the latest tier gear) in order to face roll the instance and speed run. We've already had at least one person complaining about taking longer than 20 minutes.

I do not believe the level 50 HM FP's were designed to be run in 20 minutes.

Based on what?

How about the fact that NOBODY, or almost nobody, ran them in 20 minutes until they started to well over gear them.

How many people do you know that were completing the level 50 HM FP's in 20 minutes in March of 2012, let alone as early as January of 2012?