NO EXP Option

LordFen

Is there anyway to turn off exp in game, if not can it be added.

On the plus side, all stories except for the Class stories are the same for each fraction! So if you actually do miss any story (and I've only ever missed story during double xp) you can see it with another character.

Seriously. How are people skipping any stories in the game? Are they saving up rested xp (I'm assuming this is during normal xp times)? Doing a lot of pvp in between leveling?

For me the game is not a race to lvl 55, I like the journey doing all class, planet and group missions just always end up outlevel everything just be nice to have the option to turn exp off so you can complete a planet withing the level rang.

For me the game is not a race to lvl 55, I like the journey doing all class, planet and group missions just always end up outlevel everything just be nice to have the option to turn exp off so you can complete a planet withing the level rang.

nothing stops you from enjoying the story still, and its not like it was ever hard/challenging.

Seriously. How are people skipping any stories in the game? Are they saving up rested xp (I'm assuming this is during normal xp times)? Doing a lot of pvp in between leveling?

during normal exp I can usually out level a planet if I do all the quests so the next planet I can basically skip and just do the class quests and finish 1 or 2 levels behind then grind the exp out on the next level, no pvp and no flash points just solo leveling on alts

I don't like the side quests on alderan hoth and voss so I make sure I leave tatooine at 29, usually get there at 24-25. at 29 you can blow through alderan and finish your chapter under leveled and still grind out enough exp on taris / quesh to skip hoth and finish your chapter 2, then you have belsav and you can grind belsav all the way to 50 if you want, that's how I do it. you end up very under leveled on some places but as long as you have level appropriate blue mods you should be fine unless the enemies red then you have to go grind some exp, also having legacy abilities to take down the harder bosses while under level really helps

Edited by Vis-Tecum

nothing stops you from enjoying the story still, and its not like it was ever hard/challenging.

No but theres no fun in playing though a story when u can sneese on a npc and kill them its a bit borring realy.

also the game basically turns off the exp for you once you start out leveling quests, if you over leveled you lose a good chunk of exp and wont out level the next planet, well not by much with out doing pvp flash points, its seems to equal out

No but theres no fun in playing though a story when u can sneese on a npc and kill them its a bit borring realy.

read my last part again, it was never hard/challenging.

Face it, if you choose to do every single mission you come across, you will overlevel the planet, no ifs ands or buts.

Use level 1 gear and put your companion away.

I wonder how far someone would get just using the starter gear you get when creating your character and no companion?

Not even off the starter world cause you're not really a mighty Sith or Jedi huh lol

Every other MMO i'v played all had the option to turn off exp, WoW and CoX. If turning off exp means you cant do BG to stop twinkers then I can agree to that.

Clearly you have not played that many other MMOs.

That said, I am still in favor of the option, at least during double-XP events, even though I would never use it.

Edited by branmakmuffin