Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What have you done with your Double Exp Weekend?

WillCaedes

If you're brand new to SWTOR then yes I can see the OP's point about mowing through the content. but when you've been here since launch, have leveled dozens of toons and have 9 or more at 55.. then we just want to charge through the content to 55 and fill a guild/raid class that's necessary. i don't want to have to take /played 5 days or more of playtime just let me get to 55 asap!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait what deleted 10 50+ characters? good lord man.

..heh..unfortunately.

this was BEFORE all the char slots we have now..we had...8..so I deleted them to make room....wanted a new character of a diff race..etc.

if the game was in the state it is now (with all the slots..maling between legacy...legacy armors..etc) I probably wouldn't have deleted any of them.

And now, after I got RL out of the way, I was hoping to get some leveling in, only to spend 7 hours dealing w/ OTP nonsense.

From what I've heard, it doesn't even matter if I get in at this point, it sounds like Harbinger is so laggy it's almost unplayable anyways.

Leveled my sorc from lvl 30 to 48 as of a few minutes ago, rushed the hell out of it, killed the fun factor a bit, but hey, my choice to grind it out, so im pretty happy on my leveling, have a headache from all the hours infront of my pc, going to take a bath and get drunk.

next week will be

Hmmm...this is happening next weekend as well? Looks like I have time to make plans to do something else. I suppose it's a good thing that this affords me the opportunity to find out what that big round yellow thing in the sky is.

..heh..unfortunately.

this was BEFORE all the char slots we have now..we had...8..so I deleted them to make room....wanted a new character of a diff race..etc.

if the game was in the state it is now (with all the slots..maling between legacy...legacy armors..etc) I probably wouldn't have deleted any of them.

this is like me, i'll work on a character, get them to 30s then decide i dont like their looks, gender, class, ac, etc. and delete them, only to reroll something very similar if not identical in the future :p

One of my guildies is probably hitting 55 soon. 1-55 since friday right before dub Xp started.

Pretty nuts. I got burned out by 18 on a new VG. I already Have 4 55s.

Been trying to make a ton of credits due to levelng burnout...

Well, for part of this weekend I got to read concrete proof that some people will complain about anything.

Amen! LOL.

Subscribers can get double XP almost all the time from rested XP by logging out in a rest zone and leaving the alt there a day or so. So why double XP weekends? It benefits mostly premium and free players, as rested XP is turned off (although it remains unused so it can be claimed after the weekend ends). So subs with a lot of alts aren't getting much of a boost.

But that doesn't mean some won't b***h about it anyway....

I hate how double XP made leveling on my low level alts too fast. I have credits, i have crafters that can keep their armor up, but i dont like skipping quests, zones or entire planets just to stay on level.

So instead i used the double XP to help me get my high level toons through Makeb faster. I've had RotHC for about a month now, but i didnt do Makeb until only a few days ago. I dont like how Makeb was put together so i wanted to get through it as fast as possible.

Subtle trollcomplaint thread fail :D

We get it; double xp isn't l33t enough for you.

Yeah, I like how the OP tried to make it an "I hate double XP" thread and then it completely failed.

We get it... there's about 12 people that don't want to earn more than 1XP per click of the mouse.

Just buy some level 1 equipment and put your companions away and the game will give you all the challenge your little hearts desire no matter how much XP you have.

Got a Powertech to 40 for the legacy buff.

Seriously I ask, whats so fun about blowing through easy content thats 4-5 levels below you?

I already did that content 3 times. I want to skip it and just do the class storyline this time.

There's no remote challenge (never was to begin with)

If there was never any challenge, why are you crying about removing said non-existent challenge?

I wanna make damn sure my toon doesn't blow through content so fast I **** up the gearing process.

I can craft my own gear.

Edited by Caelrie

Worked on an operative for the last legacy buff 16-27, rolled a new commando to use the new cannon 1-15, leveled my shadow through a few FPs, 17-21, leveled my Sorc in FPs 17-22. Low level FPs were popping!

Not much but still good to boost through some areas. Played my main Sin working on Conq gear and trying to get the the Trisa Elite speeder. It dropped but I lost the roll with only 3 of us rolling grrr lol.

Exactly as the title says, what have you done with your Double Exp Weekend?

I just levelled up a pair of my alts to 55 - for more fun and variety in the end game

and also gonna level up 4 crafting alts from 17 to 25 - may be new dyes and augments and underworld schematics will revive crafting :-)

all this wanted to do long ago but was lazy and did not have time enough for that

if you do not like fast levelling - just run 55 alts during weekends, they do not get XP :-)

as for me - i like double XP weekends

so do not think they could be that often - twice half a year!

Edited by pan_sObak

I had fun.That is what I did with my double xp weekend.I leveled some chrs,did dailies,crafted,farmed and got into some real barnburner matches in PVP.The pve didnt seem such a grind.I have done all 8 stories.Some with both advance classes.I have had 12 50s.Deleted 2 because a friend was coming on board.When they merged servers I had 19 chrs.I didnt know when they were going to let us buy xtra chr slots at the time.Anyhow this weekend was a blast.

Amen! LOL.

Subscribers can get double XP almost all the time from rested XP by logging out in a rest zone and leaving the alt there a day or so. So why double XP weekends? It benefits mostly premium and free players, as rested XP is turned off (although it remains unused so it can be claimed after the weekend ends). So subs with a lot of alts aren't getting much of a boost.

But that doesn't mean some won't b***h about it anyway....

Rested XP counts for killing enemies.

Double XP counts for everything. You get 2x xp for missions, bonus missions, side quests, PvP, flashpoints, exploration, lore discoveries and killing enemies.

Slight difference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.