[Double XP]: Quickest way to level?

Liwilliams

So out of curiosity, which is the fastest way to level? Warzones, Flashpoints, Class Story?

Warzones or flashpoints, but with double exp you can just run class quests XD So it;s quicker to do fp or wz but IMO less fun.

And what if you don't want double xp because you then outlevrl the planets and the game turns into "smash them all with your lightsaber and they die! Mode" ?

Then you're forced to play on a lvl 55 char...

BW plz give me the opportunity to turn double xp og :-)

While I have no objection to a "double xp switch", you're going to outlevel the planets anyway, even without double xp as long as you do every optional side-quest.

If you just stick to your class quests (even with double-xp), you'll be under-leveled and can then slip in some other stuff like warzones, flashpoints, space missions, etc.

Double xp is the perfect time for me to level my operative. The side quests bore me since I already have 2 imperial toons. So since the imperial agent story line is freaking awesome, I skip the side quests, just do the story and planet story quests, and enjoy the story. I love it. And I find myself about 2 to 3 levels above the quests so far, which is just fine.

When you get to level 50, pop a 25% boost and do a daily run at Black Hole and Section X. Make sure to pick up the "first time" quest for those areas as well. I got 2 whole levels in a little over an hour with very little effort. Missions give 30k+ to 60k+ ! And they're easy, of course.

I found a pretty neat way to level very fast (once you are of the level and have a buddy to help ya out). Here's my story:

Just hit 47 last night on my Sorcerer and I thought to myself, "maybe I should try Makeb and skip all the other missions?" Arrived there and obviously I was undergeared. I called upon a friend, who is level 50 so I would still earn experience, and we began our Makeb quest. Long story short, the entry mission to Makeb gave me 88k xp, and every mission on Makeb pretty much gave me 128k xp with guild boost, double xp, and 25% xp buff. Leveled from 47-50 in less than an hour, with the help of a friend of course. Figured this was worth sharing!

And what if you don't want double xp because you then outlevrl the planets and the game turns into "smash them all with your lightsaber and they die! Mode" ?

Then you're forced to play on a lvl 55 char...

BW plz give me the opportunity to turn double xp og :-)

You are welcome to play on my Trooper... i played Tatooine today. Did all the class missions, did all the planetary missions, did all the sidequests and even played some PvP in between.

Levels gained? Lvl 23-28... planet levels? 24-28...

So if it was double xp weekend combined with my legacy +30% exploration and +30% class mission bonus and a couple of minor xp boosts (+25%) i should have overleveled that planet halfway through.

But i didnt...

Im not sure double xp is turned on for me :(

Thanks so much.

And for the person complaining about something that helps the majority of people out, keep crying in another thread please.

Can you plz tell me how double xp is helping everyone?

Is it really that fun to play a game where you're op to any enemy and the game is super easy?

Sorry but I feel much more heroic and jediish if the game is a little bit difficult.

Is it really that fun to play a game where you're op to any enemy and the game is super easy?

Sorry but I feel much more heroic and jediish if the game is a little bit difficult.

He said "the majority". And indeed, the majority love it.

Unless you have actually polled everyone on every server you have no idea what the majority love or hate.

I do not need to poll every player on every server to see that the majority of the people dig double xp weekends. Would you need to poll every person in the world to deduct that most people enjoy ice cream?

Edited by TheBBP

Play the game in french or german if you want the level of difficulty to increase or try a korean, chinese, or japanese mmorgp in their native language. At least that way you actually accomplish some thing.

Unless you have actually polled everyone on every server you have no idea what the majority love or hate.

Well lets see...

More people online than usual? Check.

Easier to get into warzones? Check.

Easier to get a group for heroics and flashpoints? Check.

More people randomly inviting you to groups for more xp? Check.

It does indeed seem like there is something attracting more people to the game this weekend. I cant put my finger on what that might be tho :rolleyes:

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Well lets see...

More people online than usual? Check.

Easier to get into warzones? Check.

Easier to get a group for heroics and flashpoints? Check.

More people randomly inviting you to groups for more xp? Check.

It does indeed seem like there is something attracting more people to the game this weekend. I cant put my finger on what that might be tho :rolleyes:

Can you say that without a doubt more people are leveling alts than doing end game content on their 55s?

I can. for many of us, we have characters on both factions, and have already seen the side quests story lines. We just want to try a new class or Advanced class. Double XP helps these players who would never roll another toon, or would do it slowly due to the fact leveling now is tedious. Many players just want to make characters at this stage for end game content, and this helps us level up a character fast, so we can do what we enjoy.

Quit derailing the thread. There's another one where hating on the double XP is actually on-topic.

I find I level fastest by doing the class story and the planetary story. I usually cap out of the planet before the planet story is quite finished so I drop it and move on.

Edited by Caelrie

Warzones or flashpoints, but with double exp you can just run class quests XD So it;s quicker to do fp or wz but IMO less fun.

WZs are far inferior to leveling via missions.

The fastest way to level during double XP is to just do your class story and do space missions.