Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

S_W_LeGenD

I like Vitiate more and like to believe he is the strongest but I will settle with GL canon and say SId is the strongest. No matter what characters are created, the original creator is mostly likely claim that his character is stronger and there is nothing that can be done.

Logically speaking, Vitiate should have been powerful given Sidious's late initiation to dark side and his rather plain display of power in the movies as opposed to Vitiate who was bone as the embodiment of the dark side, but their biggest difference is one was created by GL while the other was created by 3rd party. If both had been GL's creation, I'm sure Vitiate would have received more powers in other sources sucha as comics and novels written by 3rd party authors to become the strongest.

Well, it's rather obvious that in the GL canon Sith, and Jedi, and Force users in general were never meant to be the hilariously plot dependent engines of phenomenal cosmic power they were made into the EU because it was 'cool'.

Vitiate would mop the floor with the GL canon Sidious, because he has umpteen ridiculous super powers and magic that are nowhere in evidence in GL canon. :p

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's rather obvious that in the GL canon Sith, and Jedi, and Force users in general were never meant to be the hilariously plot dependent engines of phenomenal cosmic power they were made into the EU because it was 'cool'.

Vitiate would mop the floor with the GL canon Sidious, because he has umpteen ridiculous super powers and magic that are nowhere in evidence in GL canon. :p

Until you remember that Lucas explicitly stated that Sidious is the most powerful sith to have ever existed.

I like playing pretend as well, but lets not go too overboard with it. Vitiate is still pathetic compared to Sidious whether it is G-canon or C-canon.

The fanbois never relent, not even on Christmas. :p

Well, with Disney taking over nothing in EU proven canon anymore. But nothing is disproven canon except of post ROTJ stuff.

That being said, in ''EU canon''( yeah I know oxymoron now ) Luke is not the strongest Jedi who has reached the potential of the Chosen one (YET ). Well, even if Luke will be, Palpatine's ressurection is definitely a no go. So no force storm, no immortality, yeah.

Right now only things backing his top place up are Lucafilms' or LelandChee or whoever administers canon statements. The problem is, the most of them were adressed to the EU Palpatine, as I can tell.

So we have probably only one statement from Lucas that Palp is the strongest.

Well, independentely it's not that powerful. But the thing is that we will have the same writers making books and judging by Tarkin novel they are gonna maintain the same course.

One statement shouldn't be taken for granted, but analysis on what to come shouldn't.

And one more thing about Vitiate: I don't think his feats are THAT impressive. The scale and variety of his Sith magic abilities are tremendous. But when it comes to 1v1 close combat. Well, we've seen that HoT and Wrath are more than a match for his Voice. Lightsaber dueslists with very powerful force defences.

Yes, it's only a Voice( and in case with Jedi Knight even weakend, in case with Wrath it was suspicious as well ), but it's not like HoT and Wrath are on Palpatine's level.

Palpatine's have also shown some Dark Side abilities on galactic scale( for example, clouded the minds of all Jedi in the galaxy ).

When it comes to 1v1 fight, I think it should be pretty clear that Vitiate will not dominate over Sidious' mind. He didn't showed lightning superior to Sheev's( nonetheless same applies to Palpatine ). Maybe his true body has immense force storms, can summon beats, corrupt everything( it should be more impressive than Dread Master's feats at least ), but at the same time Palpatine may have more. And let's be honest lightning's scale is overpowered in the game.

And in lightsaber combat Sidious stomps him.

So, right now it's hard to tell. I understand than in the future of SWTOR we will se some pretty impressive feats from Vitiate. Still early to tell now, at this precise moment advantage is on Palpatine's side.

I've always understood it that all EU was Legends. I did not hear that post-ROTJ was specifically said not to be canon. I do not believe this as I did find a Legends print of a post-ROTJ novel. So I believe Dark Empire is still on the table as far as Legends go.

I've always understood it that all EU was Legends. I did not hear that post-ROTJ was specifically said not to be canon. I do not believe this as I did find a Legends print of a post-ROTJ novel. So I believe Dark Empire is still on the table as far as Legends go.

Legends - yes. They are like Inifinites. So not canon at all. But that de jure.

If we think about it, it's different. Most of the Pre-prequels stuff have chances to become canon, if they use it. Especially Old Republic era( since it's really profitable and popular now ). But again, right now it is Legends, yes.

We can't say the same about post-ROTJ story, unfortunately( or fortunately ? ). It is obvious that most of the story will not be used in forthcoming films, novels, TV-shows etc.

You can think about it the old way: in EU everything was considered canon until contradicted by G-canon stuff. Why don't we apply this logic to the ''new EU''?

Well, point on the ''lack'' then.

I don't really have the time to get into it right now. I have some errands to run, problems to sort out, and a very long thread on one of my favorite characters to write and post. So I'll just point to what Sel said and leave it at that for now.

Yes. He even foresaw Luke being his downfall. This was in the movies..

"The Skywalker must not become a Jedi Knight."

Couldn't it be just common sense? Luke was the son of the chosen one, after all.

Let me explain why I've asked it in the first place. Vitiate have needed Revan to see visions( which is ridiculous, since Calphayus( or whatever his complicated name is ) was a prophet ). If Sidious is really good prophet( he has some prophetic abilities as ''...as I have forseen'', but on what scale is hard to tell ), then it's another advantage over Vitiate. Not that it will help him in a fight, but that's another evidence that Palpatine is superior in the certain force aspects.

Couldn't it be just common sense? Luke was the son of the chosen one, after all.

Let me explain why I've asked it in the first place. Vitiate have needed Revan to see visions( which is ridiculous, since Calphayus( or whatever his complicated name is ) was a prophet ). If Sidious is really good prophet( he has some prophetic abilities as ''...as I have forseen'', but on what scale is hard to tell ), then it's another advantage over Vitiate. Not that it will help him in a fight, but that's another evidence that Palpatine is superior in the certain force aspects.

All of what had transpired in ROTJ, was according to his design and how he foresaw it. He was also able to see Tarkin developing a Superweapon in the Maw with Tarkin thinking he didn't.

He sensed that Luke had destroyed the DS, that he would be found.

He could sense conspiracies against him, he was aware of the Rebel strike force on Endor and he knew that Luke would attempt to redeem Vader.

Among other vast Foresight/Sense feats he has.

So really...yeah, again as I have said a few times in the long past. Sidious doesn't need the post-ROTJ material to be the most powerful, because he already was beforehand.

I mean really the only thing that Reborn Palps has shown is...having perfected the Force Storm power, ROTJ Sidious was still capable of doing them, though he hadn't perfected it quite yet.

I also like how this thread keeps popping up at random times when it hasn't been touched in months.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi