Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

S_W_LeGenD

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing.

However the Canon Sidious no longer benefits from post ep 6 EU/Legends, when you compare Vitiate vs Canon Sidious.And that's the point.

Again, you don't need post-ROTJ material at all for Sidious. He's pretty much the same without it. Literally the only difference between ROTJ/DE Sidious is his younger clone bodies and mastery of Force Storms, even then he was still able to do Force Storms before DE the difference being, he hadn't quite mastered the ability.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

And of course we all know Rituals accomplish what your standard power cannot, they can't be used to determine power in the force.

Very much so.

Besides, Palpatine was doing similar draining to Byss, without rituals. And he was controlling it to ensure that Byss served as a limitless source of sustenance.

Yes keep being a grammar Nazi to people that don't have English as native language.I am sure it's going to erase that fact that new movies are coming out.

:rak_grin:

Grammar Nazi is a phrase Children use when they get called out on being unstable to convey themselves as a respectable person online. English isn't my first language, it's my third, and I still believe my writing to be acceptable.

No ones angry that new movies are coming out, you're angry that despite DE being retconned, Sidious is still far superior.

When someone uses a ritual to do something, then a ritual is the requirement for it. There are no other ways to do the thing other than with a ritual.

People using the ritual thing vs Vitiate are just attempting powerless mud slinging.

Rituals do what your normal power cannot, the book of Sith confirms this.

Stop acting like you know anything about what you're talking about, you obviously don't.

I feel stupid discussing this when GL increased Death Star 2's size by 31 times because the mother ship in independence day film took the record of the largest vessel in movie history. GL is that petty. Why do we have to get heated up over some settings that GL himself doesn't even care a bit in realism and consistency?

After all, if GL had said R2-D2 is the most deadly droid in galaxy his claim cannot be disputed because he is the original creator.

I feel stupid discussing this when GL increased Death Star 2's size by 31 times because the mother ship in independence day film took the record of the largest vessel in movie history. GL is that petty. Why do we have to get heated up over some settings that GL himself doesn't even care a bit in realism and consistency?

After all, if GL had said R2-D2 is the most deadly droid in galaxy his claim cannot be disputed because he is the original creator.

Well people keep wanting to try and one-up Sidious...why? I have no idea, the discussion is to make sure some false information isn't spread around like fact like a few other things have, especially one that's been spread around as fact for like 30+ years. <<

Is Vitiate powerful?...Yes, no one is denying that.

Is Vitiate more powerful than Sidious? No...

I'm not understanding why certain people argue this.

Edit: Scratch my previous post bout ROTJ/DE Palps being roughly the same, DE Palps is more powerful/knowledgable. I double checked right quick.

Still point remains however, he doesn't need DE to be the most powerful Sith.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Grammar Nazi is a phrase Children use when they get called out on being unstable to convey themselves as a respectable person online. English isn't my first language, it's my third, and I still believe my writing to be acceptable.

cool story bro *cough* sis

Rituals do what your normal power cannot, the book of Sith confirms this.

Not in Vitiate's case.

No ones angry

Not sure about anyone else but you are clearly not mad,not at all. :rak_grin:

Edited by Kaedusz

Not in Vitiate's case.

Ohh, I now see why no one takes you seriously.

Don't worry guys, Kaedusz is Leland Che, he gets to decide Canon so we might as well bow out of here. The terrible grammar and hilarious failure under the ruse of logic must be an act.

Edited by Selenial

Ohh, I now see why no one takes you seriously.

Don't worry guys, Kaedusz is Leland Che, he gets to decide Canon so we might as well bow out of here. The terrible grammar and hilarious failure under the ruse of logic must be an act.

hahah,you hate me soo much don't you :rak_grin:

cus of the things i said long ago and came about ,the butthurt is strong in you,as expected :rak_03:

don't worry, as Aurbere said Vitiate doesn't exist, so Sidious is the most powerful by virtue of existing.Take solace in that. ;)

Edited by Kaedusz

I'm sorry for poking the hive guys... I thought the winter had killed them all off. Like 3 months of nothing then BAM!

Kaedusz,

GL may have been the one to hype Sidious, but always remember. It was Drew Karpyshyn who hyped the Sith Emperor... Between the two, I have more respect for Lucas :p

No, he was the lead writer, he was the supervision.

not in the sense i meant it

@StarSquirrel , having in mind some of his past works i think he deserved to be cut some slack.Even if he destroyed my ex favorite SW character, the Exile.

Edited by Kaedusz

Nearly every single Vitiate power accolade is only relevant by TOR's timeline and the ones that aren't restricted by TOR's timeframe give him no 'most powerful ever' accolades whatsoever. Want a good example of how Vitiate fits in overall in the mythos? Read Darth Plagueis. Incidentally that same novel makes it quite clear Plagueis himself is stronger.

Oh and Karpyshyn's best work isn't Star Wars it is Mass Effect, by magnitudes at that. KotOR is the only Star Wars product that he wrote which produced genuinely top writing, everything after that was filled with Dark Empire/Tales of the Jedi style OTT statements about how mustache twirling evil Bane or Vitiate were.

I mean were we seriously meant to take kid Zannah seriously with that 'She channeled the power of darkness' crap?

Edited by LadyKulvax

Oh and Karpyshyn's best work isn't Star Wars it is Mass Effect

was gonna say that but figured people relate easier to SW works in this forum,despite the fact(imo) that Mass Effect's greatest plus is the atmosphere/vibe which the soundtrack creates(not the story in itself )

Edited by Kaedusz