Party Jawa

XavierJinkX

I think the 'Party Jawa' should be made available to purchase in the Market or some changes need to be made to the Legacy. In the Legacy for Tatooine there is a mission to kill 100 Jawa's while partying with the 'Party Jawa', it is called "Thats just Wrong". I have tried to purchase it and looked for it everywhere. If it was in the Market, I wouldn't mind purchasing it. My subscription is new and I wasn't eligible for the 'Party Jawa' give away :cool:

My subscription missed being eligible for the Party Jawa by one month. And let's be pretty blunt about the achievement, it's only one of many. I'm all for being a completionist and all that, so perhaps the easier solution is to remove that achievement from Tattooine, so you can get that 100% for the planet.

Either way, it's all just pixels. I'm sure there are more important things in life to worry about ;)

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120906

The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

They should keep it for the reason it was intended (even though it also means I don't get one :()

Edited by Transcendent

• 2 months later...

Having Party Jawa as an exclusive reward is okay with me and grats to all who got it. Same as the "Founder" title. Good for those who got it. I don't have it and never will, but I can cope with that.

On the other hand, making an achievement depend on something not available anymore (or that will become unavailable at a certain moment) is bad design... IMHO.

Personally, non being able to complete the Tatooine achievement feels almost like non being able to complete a class mission. One could still say: come on, quit whining and move on - you can still play everything else, warzones, flashpoints, operations etc.

Well, actually I don't care about class missions anymore since I completed all of them for all classes, but that's what makes achievements my next target. So, please, legacy achievements are still game "content" and a reason for some (or many) to keep playing even if they "know it all". And having an achievement tied to an item that is no longer available is unfair for BW... Somehow in the same way as it would be in respect to the early players to make their rewards & titles available to those that only came afterwards.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Yay, let me revive this topic.... Speaking as an achievement-hunter myself, I think, the most optimal ways I can think of would be:

1.: to relocate the achievement with the party jawa from the place-section to an "exclusive" section. I have, for example, no problem with having <100% in the archived Operations segment.

2.: set the "Legacy"-Stars you get for the achievement to 0 (currently 10), so that you CAN get 100% for Tatooine. They also did this for example for the Minimech CE, which still is an existing Pet-Achievement, yet doesn't give you any Legacy-Stars. (Bad example, I know, because the pet-category is all 0 Stars, except for a hidden achievement that must be there to give 10 Stars... whatever).

Like this, the Item would remain exclusive, but wouldn't make achievement hunters feel kinda bad because they know, they'll never get Tatooine to 100%.

Yay, let me revive this topic.... Speaking as an achievement-hunter myself, I think, the most optimal ways I can think of would be:

1.: to relocate the achievement with the party jawa from the place-section to an "exclusive" section. I have, for example, no problem with having <100% in the archived Operations segment.

2.: set the "Legacy"-Stars you get for the achievement to 0 (currently 10), so that you CAN get 100% for Tatooine. They also did this for example for the Minimech CE, which still is an existing Pet-Achievement, yet doesn't give you any Legacy-Stars. (Bad example, I know, because the pet-category is all 0 Stars, except for a hidden achievement that must be there to give 10 Stars... whatever).

Like this, the Item would remain exclusive, but wouldn't make achievement hunters feel kinda bad because they know, they'll never get Tatooine to 100%.

There is nothing wrong with not seeing that green 100% for Tattooine.

BW even created the Celebration Jawa as a 4th anniversary gift that would allow players to complete the Tattooine achievement that previously had required the Party Jawa.

Sometimes, in games as in real life, people who show up late miss out on things those who showed up earlier got. There is nothing wrong with that. How those latecomers handle not having the shinies that those who were there earlier got says a lot about the character of those latecomers, IMO.

I would love to see all the various Party Jawas available as decorations.

I want a little Jawa flying in circles with balloons, shooting fireworks, in my stronghold.

I never understood gating achievements behind things that go away. They know that many people don't want to start something they can never complete, taking much fun out of the achievement system.

Yet another thread attracting the Sour Grapes crowd, sadly. Just because they don't want something or don't care about it, nobody else should, either? And of course, they just have to post to let everyone know about their disdain. They're professionals at the Vociferous Harrumph.

Edited by Xina_LA

I'm cool with them selling a "Celebration Jawa" that's similar and still grants the achievements. I mean, why not? At this rate, I'll never see enough people in PVP with the Jawa out to get the achievement.

They did sell the Celebration Jawa last year

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
was out minding my own Jawa when i thought F it and turned on my Celebration Jawa and started killing the jawa's over by Camp Karanori Location X:1524 Y: -2035 just below anchor head in Jundland (Emp) Caracter. and got my THATS JUST WRONG DONE !!!! I hope alot of ppl will see this If you have a hard time finding this My name is Evilwarchild on satele server Guild Empire Expendables.