LOL regarding this new portable chair

Slicksteezin

lol Is this for real? Never seen such a horrible item released in the Cartel Pack, and there have been many Players asking for a damn chair to sit in since DAY ONE. But when we finally see a chair in the cartel pack bringing hope to those who just want to sit fhking sit down for once, it turns out it's just a 10 second animation? Really? You expect people to pay for that low quality of work?

I'm wondering if BW's collected brain power can actually release just ONE acceptable game update before this game reaches it's well deserved end.

I SPEAK THE TRUTH, TROLLING COMMENCE

Edited by Slicksteezin

You speak about as much truth as that hobo on the corner selling fireworks.

Which begs the question: Where the hell did he get such an impressive selection? Black cats, roman candles, and screamin mimies, lady fingers, buzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippety do das, crap flappers, whistling bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, Honk lighters, hooskerdoos, hooskerdon’ts, cherry bombs, nipsidazers – with or without the scooter stick, and even whistling kitty chasers?

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

lol Is this for real? Never seen such a horrible item released in the Cartel Pack, and there have been many Players asking for a damn chair to sit in since DAY ONE. But when we finally see a chair in the cartel pack bringing hope to those who just want to sit fhking sit down for once, it turns out it's just a 10 second animation? Really? You expect people to pay for that low quality of work?

I'm wondering if BW's collected brain power can actually release just ONE acceptable game update before this game reaches it's well deserved end.

I SPEAK THE TRUTH, TROLLING COMMENCE

Point us to where they promised it was going to be anything else beyond an animation ...Point us to where they wrote any information or description beyond a naming it as a relaxation chair.

Same as the guy yesterday. Its a case of YOU built up in YOUR imagination what YOU perceived to be getting. Bioware didn't promise anything and the disappointment comes from only YOURSELF building it up to something it was never stated to be in the first place.

Point us to where they promised it was going to be anything else beyond an animation ...Point us to where they wrote any information or description beyond a naming it as a relaxation chair.

Same as the guy yesterday. Its a case of YOU built up in YOUR imagination what YOU perceived to be getting. Bioware didn't promise anything and the disappointment comes from only YOURSELF building it up to something it was never stated to be in the first place.

exaclty

Saved me the trouble or writing a post, cheers

I cant wait until next cartel shipment when i can post my outrage at the items not being what i decided they should be

^^This times a million infinity

I would suggest a fix.

Treat it like a mount, you sit down in the chair and it doesn't despawn until you move or if you right click on the special icon. Problem solved.

A patch should do it.

there is no "fix" because there is no issue..other than what people who bought it blindly based off their own dumb pre-conceptions on what it was...without even friggin reading the text description.

the "issue" is human stupidity...ask Ron White about that one.

Spoiler Alert - "You can't fix stupid"

Edited by Suromir

there is no "fix" because there is no issue..other than what people who bought it blindly based off their own dumb pre-conceptions on what it was...without even friggin reading the text description.

...I made a constructive suggestion. I can understand why folks might be a bit miffed.

What's your excuse for being so predatory in your response to me trying to be helpful? You must have one, because I would like to believe that you posses some type of control over what you type and/or the capability to avoid a lack of self respect.

...not to mention the fact that you do not get to dictate what is or is not an issue for others.

Edited by LordArtemis

I would suggest a fix.

Treat it like a mount, you sit down in the chair and it doesn't despawn until you move or if you right click on the special icon. Problem solved.

A patch should do it.

I have NO desire to sit down in this game, ever...but I think this is exactly what they should do...and then make it drop as often as Ball Toss so it sells for cheap on the GTN.

I have NO desire to sit down in this game, ever...but I think this is exactly what they should do...and then make it drop as often as Ball Toss so it sells for cheap on the GTN.

I think that would work.

It's not on my priority list either, but I think if they were going to do a chair thing it would have been better if it wasnt a tease. It just doesn't promote good will from those that find it important I would imagine.

How do you (some of you) see not being able to sit in ANY chair, couch, whatever, in this game as NOT a problem? This is 2013 man. The game feels like it was released in 1990 because of little things like this and over all it hurts it. Im sorry but I cant find a defense to actually charging people for a personal chair that they STILL cant sit down on. It IS a problem,

M

I agree with you completely. I too think the chair is all there was to this update. And then they mess up this single important and critical thing. They really can't do anything right can they?

While what you say here is absolutely correct, it does feel like BW is taking the piss out of all of the people who have been asking for sitting in chairs since launch.

I'm expecting the next pack to contain a 10 second animation of a giant chat bubble.

Bioware/EA just doesn't understand how important socializing and roleplaying is for an MMORPG. The Portable relaxation unit is just one more blatant slap into the face of socializers and roleplayers. I've suggested an emote that produces a chair to sit on for everyone back in beta(!) and now they finally add one, make it insanely hard to get while milking us for money and then when you finally get it, you can only sit on the dreaded chair for a couple of seconds instead of as long as you want to...

In any case, I've suggested that they change all rest abilities and toys to toggle abilities over in the suggestion forum, feel free to head there and post in support:

Edited by Glzmo

What's your problem, mate? It IS a **** chair. You love the game so much you don't like it when people complain about it?

Considering that the majority of chairs in the galaxy are not able to be sat upon, it would have been nice had this been a more permanent emote that could be used for extended periods. Making it another "instead of your class rest" animation was a dumb idea.

It's like the Companion Dance Legacy emote. Why bother when you have to spam it again and again to keep dancing? Like they couldn't make that work like any other dance emote? Pfft!

I agree with the OP. This is totally lame.

:cool: