Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

I don't think anyone will argue that the Enrage is too tight. I would increase it be 30-40 seconds personally. And I think they will. Because outside of our attempts to 19-10 percent no one has even come close, and we are doing everything possible to maximize our dps on the boss, and have a few more tricks up our sleeves and intend to try it. The fight will be nerfed, no doubts and to be honest it should be some but I wouldn't change a whole lot with it. I happen to enjoy this, and has been the best boss experience I've had since this game launched, though Soa was pretty epic before the nerf. So I see it going through a change in the up coming week or 2

Have you even been reading this thread?

And with your most recent attempts you have now given all the armchair raiders more ammunition to state the fight is fine as is.

What you have just posted states you are in 100% agreement with everything DnT and The Gray Order have been saying during this entire thread minus the "mathematical impossibility" which should be changed to state "effective impossibility".

Regards,

KK

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with your most recent attempts you have now given all the armchair raiders more ammunition to state the fight is fine as is.

Do you really think that "armchair raiders" will convince Bioware to leave the fight unchanged? That's a little silly.

So what if someone says, "leave the fight as it is" -- it's obviously going to be adjusted eventually.

Seeing as how rare it is that anything in this game is truly difficult, some players want to give it a go. Even if everybody bangs their head against the wall and doesn't make it, and BW finally fixes the problem, SO. WHAT.

And if SF actually manages to beat the DG this week, and post evidence of same, that would be a tremendously impressive feat worthy of acknowledgement.

Edited by Khevar

[*]Is the fight tuned properly for the current gear level (UW 72)?

-Yes, and the primary indicator is that you are able to avoid a third lightning which is in step with PTS and HM gear lvls.

[*]Is it Bioware's intention for the enrage to be this way (e.g. "Working as intended")?

Nobody will know until we get a response. They will likely hold off until Monday to not rob DG attempting guilds the challenge which is most assuredly a mistake. And, I think that a week of this is good stuff and has awakened the raiding spirit in so many. Looking forward, we will wish that it had lasted longer.

[*]Do you personally believe this is the way the encounter is supposed to be?

No.

Edited by TenderDeath

[*]Is the fight tuned properly for the current gear level (UW 72)?

-Yes, and the primary indicator is that you are able to avoid a second lightning which is in step with PTS and HM gear lvls.

[*]Is it Bioware's intention for the enrage to be this way (e.g. "Working as intended")?

Nobody will know until we get a response. They will likely hold off until Monday to not rob DG attempting guilds the challenge which is most assuredly a mistake. And, I think that a week of this is good stuff and has awakened the raiding spirit in so many. Looking forward, we will wish that it had lasted longer.

[*]Do you personally believe this is the way the encounter is supposed to be?

No.

I believe you meant to say 3rd lightning.

Requiring a very specific DPS setup in order to meet the requirements of the enrage would mean it's not properly tuned for UW 72.

Regards,

KK

I believe you meant to say 3rd lightning.

Requiring a very specific DPS setup in order to meet the requirements of the enrage would mean it's not properly tuned for UW 72.

Regards,

KK

Yes, thank you. I mixed my HM and NiM there. Edited.

Great. I have my plate of crow ready and waiting... but where is the proof you mention you have? Did I miss something?

Is it inadmissible to conclude that having less HP left on Kelsara at the end of the fight than what was added by having a 3rd shield phase as proof that the encounter is at the very least, possible? Or are you referring to the fact that I don't have the video of that particular attempt as proof? Or are you just saying that it hasn't been killed yet, meaning there's no proof yet?

You've made your claims that it is mathematically impossible, I've merely demonstrated through an actual experience our guild had, that it is and I don't see a flaw in my analysis. If you could point out any specific flaws, please feel free to do so, I'm a generally open minded person. That being said, I like comments like this, gives me motivation :)

Have you even been reading this thread?

What you have just posted states you are in 100% agreement with everything DnT and The Gray Order have been saying during this entire thread minus the "mathematical impossibility" which should be changed to state "effective impossibility".

Regards,

KK

If we hadn't progressed further and seen 10% then I would be probably agree with math. I've watched other streams, not DnT's since their decision, but I recognize that am lucky to have the dpsers I have. Their determination and ability if anyone has seen our numbers are impressive. But I wouldn't expect other guilds to produce that much more with current gear as stated above. We still think WE can get them, but that doesn't mean everyone can or that how we're doing it, is the way the boss was intended to be done. I agree that the enrage timer should be increased by around 30-40 seconds, I think the rest of the fight is fine with me. I love a challenge and I'd love the bragging rights to it, but in the end i don't want it to be impossible to everyone and then they just go elsewhere, am much of a supporter of competing against the best, not farm teams

If we hadn't progressed further and seen 10% then I would be probably agree with math. I've watched other streams, not DnT's since their decision, but I recognize that am lucky to have the dpsers I have. Their determination and ability if anyone has seen our numbers are impressive. But I wouldn't expect other guilds to produce that much more with current gear as stated above. We still think WE can get them, but that doesn't mean everyone can or that how we're doing it, is the way the boss was intended to be done. I agree that the enrage timer should be increased by around 30-40 seconds, I think the rest of the fight is fine with me. I love a challenge and I'd love the bragging rights to it, but in the end i don't want it to be impossible to everyone and then they just go elsewhere, am much of a supporter of competing against the best, not farm teams

I don't think anyone else is saying they should change anything but the enrage.

I worry if a commando healer in the raid is gonna be able to crank out enough HPS to keep up with the fight but I may be proven wrong in the future.

Edited by bigheadbrandon

Then we agree on this my man. Cheers!

We had fun getting to the point where we were hitting the enrage. The mechanics are spot on, the DTPS on the tanks is enough to push 2 healers to absurb limits and I love it. As a min-maxed guardian tank I was still fearing for my life for most of the fight and the fight felt truly like a nightmare, until we got to the enrage, then it became a headache.

Edited by bigheadbrandon

We had fun getting to the point where we were hitting the enrage. The mechanics are spot on, the DTPS on the tanks is enough to push 2 healers to absurb limits and I love it. I edited my previous post with my only real concern. As a min-maxed guardian tank I was still fearing for my life for most of the fight and the fight felt truly like a nightmare, until we got to the enrage, then it became a headache.

I agree. And if they do fix this a bit, I feel that 16m might have the slightly greater challenge in phase 3 because of the damage going out. But the DPS advantage is so incredible in 16m, maybe it's a fair trade-off.

This is refreshing to hear, as you where sounding way to elitist for a second. I enjoy the challenge of this NiM run, but DG are obviously over tuned.

Suckafish managed to get Dread Guards down to Kel'sara with 10800 health tonight. I'll be posting a youtube video soon as we didn't have a stream running due to lag.

nice def closer than I thought you would get. How many wipes have you had now roughly? how many hours spent just on DG? how much spent on repairs and mats?

nice def closer than I thought you would get. How many wipes have you had now roughly? how many hours spent just on DG? how much spent on repairs and mats?

over 30 hours easily, well over 100 wipes so u can average out how much the guild has shelled out for repairs. But thats wut progression is all about my man. I wiped on C'thun for weeks and didn't think it was a waste then and we don't now. In fact will be back at it tomorrow

over 30 hours easily, well over 100 wipes so u can average out how much the guild has shelled out for repairs. But thats wut progression is all about my man. I wiped on C'thun for weeks and didn't think it was a waste then and we don't now. In fact will be back at it tomorrow

Do you think your attempts tomorrow will be better even lacking the NP buff?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.