The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dread Guards Nightmare overtuned

e_nk_ay

BioWare -

If you delay a patch to buff an operation/fix bugs, please ensure that the fights are actually tuned. With a raid comp of 2 Marauders, 1 Merc, 1 Sniper (all pulling 2400-2600 DPS), we are hitting a hard enrage on Kelsara around ~40% HP.

Our guild has cleared NiM TFB on PTS, cleared all your HM raids the week upon release, and are fully capable players. The fights damage/healing requirements/etc are fine, but the ENRAGE TIMER is impossible with our current gear (full Underworld). I appreciate making the encounters more difficult, but you need to tune these fights.

Healers would have to pull 1.7k DPS in order to beat the current enrage timer, but that's impossible given the healing requirements on this fight.

Below please watch a VOD of what I am referring to:

http://www.twitch.tv/fridge_sa/c/2415629

The DPS required is impossible with the Heals Required... Not sure how they increased HP so severely from PTS without altering the enrage timer.

Especially after delaying the release an extra day how could you not test one of the key changes from the patch before releasing it?

Edited by chriscshunter

To those suggesting those of us "complainers" try harder or "level up," the issue is not that it's so hard it's impossible to do on day 1. The issue is that the requirements are gear that is unattainable with current content. Those of us complaining are in the best available gear, doing the best damage in the world, using every consumable available to us. Even in Kell Dragon gear I'm not 100% confident this fight could be done the way it is currently timed to enrage.

Waiting on a quick fix this week before skipping the fight and clearing the rest on NiM to gear up for next week.

Edited by PisaniAdam

To those suggesting those of us "complainers" try harder or "level up," the issue is not that it's so hard it's impossible to do on day 1. The issue is that the requirements are gear that is unattainable with current content. Those of us complaining are in the best available gear, doing the best damage in the world, using every consumable available to us. Even in Kell Dragon gear I'm not 100% confident this fight could be done the way it is currently timed to enrage.

Waiting on a quick fix this week before skipping the fight and clearing the rest on NiM to gear up for next week.

No need to fix what's not broken. I'm so tired of developers always catering to casuals. Nightmare mode SHOULD BE HARD. It should NOT BE POSSIBLE to complete nightmare for every single average guild on day 1.

You want to complete it on day 1 and then whine how there's not enough content? Well now most of you won't be able to. So it's all good.

Edited by Aelther

No need to fix what's not broken. I'm so tired of developers always catering to casuals. Nightmare mode SHOULD BE HARD. It should NOT BE POSSIBLE to complete nightmare for every single average guild on day 1.

You want to complete it on day 1 and then whine how there's not enough content? Well now most of you won't be able to. So it's all good.

This wasn't concluded from average guilds bro... The best players in the world can't even come close to clearing this with the best possible gear... The dps needed for this fight is not obtainable...

I am all for making things hard but I mean the enrage timer with even the best DPS kicks in at 40%. The fight is already ridiculously hard, but to put an insane enrage timer like that is justa brick wall.

Edited by chriscshunter

Why is it impossible?

the best DPS in your group made ~2500DPS.

I have made 2650DPS with my slinger in TfB HM with not even close to BIS.

So 2750DPS is "easiely" attainable.

With 4 DPS making this much Damage there is no problem with the enrage timer.

Is this very hard? Yes.

Do you need to practice it (if you aren't allready a progression monsterguild)? Yes.

Impossible? No.

Why is it impossible?

Is this very hard? Yes.

Do you need to practice it (if you aren't allready a progression monsterguild)? Yes.

Impossible? No.

Suckafish obtained 2900 dps, not sure where your getting 2500 dps from... suckafish with 2900 dps enraged at 42%

Why is it impossible?

Is this very hard? Yes.

Impossible? No.

Have you tried the fight? NO

Do you know what you're talking about? NO

Will your guild even make it to the enrage before wiping? NO

Why is it impossible?

Is this very hard? Yes.

Impossible? No.

Come back AFTER you try this fight.

We really need a response on this soon. Too many guilds are being impacted by the uncertainty. Why are guilds with 4 dps all doing 2800+ still hitting enrage? Why do the numbers say its possible but the encounter says otherwise? Either their is a hotfix coming soon or it's working as intended. Don't just sit back and do nothing as worldwide progression goes to ****.

I'll be waiting for yall's answer, although I'm sure it will go something like this,

"oh yeah, we effed up again. sorry guys"

Hey, it would still a better response than no response at all.

Edited by Rambeezy

What we need is the enrage timer to be move from 400 seconds (6m40s) to 430 seconds (7m).

I really think the most important part of this fix is to not nerf it too much.

There's a delicate balance between impossible and trivial. I just hope BW doesn't overshoot it and nerf the bosses health by 15% or add 90 seconds to the enrage timer or something insane.

We prob wont see any response since there is a catina event tonight and its the weekend..... if anything we'll see a post monday maybe... i hope we see something but i doubt it

They are responding to other bugs but are not confirming or denying this issue.

Really they have had the last few weeks to identify this damn problem, and the fact that it has been live going on 48 hours and no response is just HORRIBLE service!

This is a really big deal and I would argue the most important change in this patch and they have failed to properly test it and now they have failed to even monitor their key feature in update 2.2 shows a true lack of attention to their product. This is just sad attention to detail.

Its safe to say that there is a 99% chance that this will not be fixed before reset next week, so you might as well do this fight on HM and continue after it on NiM. I would even go on to say that there is a 75% chance that this wont be fixed until update 2.2.1 which is scheduled for 6/25... Looks like this update was a bust... whats new???

Why did you test this on the PTS... then you changed and botch the numbers without proper testing... then you delayed the release by a day because you found another issue, and then you delay it an additional 2 hours after that... and you still didn't catch it after all that??? Wow... where is your internal test team? Were they wearing full 75's or something? Seriously whats the deal???

Players have stubbornly pushed into this boss fight for 2 raid days now because you have failed to confirm the condition of this fight. Can you please shed some light on what the hell is going on?

Edited by chriscshunter