Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

No one respects your kill. Literally I haven't seen anyone outside of DaT fight for your guys' argument. No one seems to respect it and most feel that you should have to progress linearly, so why are you fighting the comunity consensus that it's not valid? Pizza will have to speak for himself as to why he feelsyour kill is valid, but he has enough pages to see it was not popular decision to make in a comunity thread. He dicided to be the judge of the progression thread and he can easily be decided to be unfit if he doesn't appeal to outside opinion on the matter.

One thread full of 5-6 people posting the same thing over and over != "community consensus."

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thread full of 5-6 people posting the same thing over and over != "community consensus."

Whatever, I don't respect your kill and so does pretty much everyone else. If this thread wants to count it as legitimate it can, but I can't say it's worth a grain of salt. What's the point in progressing to be first in something when no one thinks you deserve it?

Edited by mastirkal

I agree that it is the same few people posting. Heck, I'm probably responsible for 25 replies in this thread.

We stream with vent/mumble, you can hear EVERYTHING we say and discuss, for better or worse. I can say with 100% conviction that when we skipped DG it wasn't to be OMG FIRST LOLOLOL, it was to see if the other fights were tuned properly or if they were impossible as well. That was the #1 motivation.

If we skipped DG and found out Operator or Kephess were impossible, we'd be thanked for finding out and people would be in even more of an uproar.

Whatever, I don't respect your kill and so does pretty much everyone else. If this thread wants to count it as legitimate it can, but I can't say it's worth a grain of salt. What's the point in progressing to be first in something when no one thinks you deserve it?

Thanks for speaking for everybody else. Fact is, we made a judgment call to not waste time, moved on with our lives and killed the further bosses in worse gear than we would have had if DG wasn't broken.

Don't worry, I'm sure when we're one of the first guilds to get "from Beyond" everyone will point to the extra boot and chest piece as the deciding factor and it won't count.

Edited by e_nk_ay

I agree that it is the same few people posting. Heck, I'm probably responsible for 25 replies in this thread.

We stream with vent/mumble, you can hear EVERYTHING we say and discuss, for better or worse. I can say with 100% conviction that when we skipped DG it wasn't to be OMG FIRST LOLOLOL, it was to see if the other fights were tuned properly or if they were impossible as well. That was the #1 motivation.

If we skipped DG and found out Operator or Kephess were impossible, we'd be thanked for finding out and people would be in even more of an uproar.

Then good for you, you guys get loot that I have no query with. You however should not get credit with world first if you are willing to skip.

Ok if you didnt think its the Community Consensus. I would say for our Guild Loom aswell we didnt respect skipping a Boss. And like you said yourself "We were looking if the other bosses are broken aswell". Ok you find out they werent broken and should be Man enough to say ok we dont claim that kill as WF! Thats our thought.

I don't respect it either. And it speaks for itself that you think people are stupid if they don't decide to cheese around 2nd boss and miss out on farming gear from later bosses by Sunday. That we will never ever do. Boss 2 will be killed with the gear obtainable before him. Or not at all. That's progression. Period.

Ok if you didnt think its the Community Consensus. I would say for our Guild Loom aswell we didnt respect skipping a Boss. And like you said yourself "We were looking if the other bosses are broken aswell". Ok you find out they werent broken and should be Man enough to say ok we dont claim that kill as WF! Thats our thought.

Except it was first. Like I said, I think we made the right call, and that call has given us a leg up. You could've done the same.

Boss 2 will be killed with a hotfix/patch to the enrage timer. Or not at all.

FTFY

Edited by FridgeLM

No. Cause we don't make bad calls :-P

Let's just agree that DG is a ****** of a fight right now and move on. I dislike no one in this thread, I'm sure you're all stand up human beings.

Kumbaya, mother f*ckers :)

I am only going to post about this once. To people quoting my earlier remark, If you listen to our stream you can hear the discussion we had concerning skipping of DG. The motivation is quite clear in that stream. It took hours of wipes to convince me that DG was impossible with current enrage timer. It took a lot for me to admit that the fight in its current state is not possible and in the end that was the only possible conclusion. It is better at this point to skip DG and kill or at least try out the other fights. Looking back it was the right decision to make and I wish we had made it sooner. Count it, don't count it, I don't care at this point. It will be amusing to see you all change your tunes come monday.

I respect their kills and have zero respect for stubborn trolls who lack the senses to skip a broken boss. Would love to see your raid team bang your head against a brick wall for 5 days. you'll either have skipped it or given up, along with sorry excuses like we would have downed it if we had more time.

I don't even understand where all this hate against DnT comes from. I don't even know them but seems to me like everyone who's yapping about them skipping a boss is either have a twisted sense of jealousy for their progression and/or have a misplaced sense of some nerd honor code they are trying to follow.

I am only going to post about this once. To people quoting my earlier remark, If you listen to our stream you can hear the discussion we had concerning skipping of DG. The motivation is quite clear in that stream. It took hours of wipes to convince me that DG was impossible with current enrage timer. It took a lot for me to admit that the fight in its current state is not possible and in the end that was the only possible conclusion. It is better at this point to skip DG and kill or at least try out the other fights. Looking back it was the right decision to make and I wish we had made it sooner. Count it, don't count it, I don't care at this point. It will be amusing to see you all change your tunes come monday.

Monday makes no difference. If its not downed by then. I go in again on Tuesday. Who cares, that's the point of a challenge. Not try and out gear it. You now have loot unavailable to others there for a disadvantage. Congrats on your balls to do it. I realize on how frustrating wiping can be. But this a linear raid, not a maze raid. So your ambition to see the end out weighs the intent. Ambition is a great thing. Mine is to kill this boss before a nerf, with gear we have now or a couple of new pieces come a new lock out.

Believe it or not raids did not all use to get cleared the first week they were out. Crazy I know. We asked for a challenge you wanted something more difficult and not a challenge from what am reading. We got the boss to 28% on our best attempt and still felt we could of done better.

So tell me why not clear the rest of the place out on HM and go do TFB on NiM, I mean all you want to do is see TFB. So go get your pot of gold.

I find this bizarrely irrelevant. Since when are we determining what people find "fun", exactly?

I'm sorry, maybe I should shortent the sentence to something your brain can understand a little better:

"It's cheating."

I apologize for adding an opinion to the end of the sentence that you disagreed with and blinded you from the moral of the story.

Edited by odawgg

I'm sorry, maybe I should shortent the sentence to something your brain can understand a little better:

"It's cheating."

I apologize for adding an opinion to the end of the sentence that you disagreed with and blinded you from the moral of the story.

It's cheating in SWTOR, but not cheating in WoW? According to who, you? The devs? The "community" (aka the same 15 people that have been posting in this thread, including me)?

It's cheating in SWTOR, but not cheating in WoW? According to who, you? The devs? The "community" (aka the same 15 people that have been posting in this thread, including me)?

I wouldnt say its cheating... Its just poor judgement. Exploiting a currently broken system. Yes.

Since you guys hark to WoW so much, What about apps. that let you just click and it does everything for you. Dumbing down of the gaming community.

Edited by RakeshZeal