PVP on this server

valkius

Well not many sorc or sage dps out there so most heal, scoundrel and op dps is a complete joke, only ever see dps from unicorns(I guess you all are behind the curve or something?). You still don't see many commando healers, as their dps spec is pretty solid now. That being said the RG dps commandos are the only ones that stick out.

Also healing in its current state helps bad players seem good, just how things are right now.

Unless it's Crackshot, he is pretty beast and hurts.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's definitely been a shift, pubs are getting worse and worse, while imps are kind of staying the same.

i dont know i agree with this. i do see pubs starting to get muddled with lots of fresh and guildless 55's that pretty did their own thing in lowbies. granted, they had no one to teach them. but i'm seeing a few new imp faces that are actually pretty decent players. the one thing i can say about imp side is that they are becoming more organized, and that is > individual skill. at the same time i'm seeing prominent pvp guilds becoming less relevant and fresh starters making names for themselves. nature of the beast i guess.

Edited by leijae

Are pubs really doing worse? it seems like whenever im on pub i win AT LEAST 2x more than when I am on my imp, regardless of whether or not im grouped up with some people or solo queuing.

From my experiences, there has been a decline in the quality of players in pug groups on the Republic side. I think there are a combination of things going on. One, being that there are more quality pre-made groups Imp side than previously (1.6-2.0). Two, there do seem to be some people who might have thought the grass was greener and may or may not have been the previously bad Imp pugs.

I'll provide a few examples which I recently encountered. In a Novarre, there was a commando running around with no active cell despite me spamming operations chat an annoying amount that he didn't. That same war zone, we were only holding west. I asked why we had 2 defending a node which was not being attacked. The reply I received was "She is my pocket healer and has never done pvp before. She is sticking with me show she knows what to do." :eek: And, during a Hypergates there was a commando guarding the pylon. He was attacked, and I responded to fight off the attacker. Before I left the node, I asked him in ops chat if he used his CC breaker. I received no response, so I asked again, twice while I headed to mid. He was promptly CC capped on, after which he whispered me "next time send me a whisper because I'm not watching ops chat." /facepalm

And this, is why I usually end up guarding nodes while dps shadows and scoundrels fight with the attacking teams. Too many want to see numbers.

I'll provide a few examples which I recently encountered. In a Novarre, there was a commando running around with no active cell despite me spamming operations chat an annoying amount that he didn't.

I think this is almost as bad as the guy I was with in a Novare two days ago. I was in a match with a merc. who was running around with no active cell. I pointed it out in ops chat about three to four times. The guy then buffed himself with his bounty hunter buff next to me then typed in ops chat "happy now?".

Are pubs really doing worse? it seems like whenever im on pub i win AT LEAST 2x more than when I am on my imp, regardless of whether or not im grouped up with some people or solo queueing.

Like I said, they have become spoiled. If the match isn't easy mode, they ***** at each other as if it is a disaster. Even when they still come out on top.

WE on the other hand, come pub and even in their "diminished" state, get far more wins and are able to appreciate it more lol.

He was promptly CC capped on, after which he whispered me "next time send me a whisper because I'm not watching ops chat." /facepalm.

lol awesome! is there a thread for these stories? I feel your pain. but...awesome! lol

I play pvp with my commando healer and it 's difficult :/

not in my experience (solo or grp'd). but I never grp imp side and still get my share of wins. there are more entertaining things to QQ about.

:rolleyes:

Edited by foxmob

From my experiences, there has been a decline in the quality of players in pug groups on the Republic side. I think there are a combination of things going on. One, being that there are more quality pre-made groups Imp side than previously (1.6-2.0). Two, there do seem to be some people who might have thought the grass was greener and may or may not have been the previously bad Imp pugs.

I'll provide a few examples which I recently encountered. In a Novarre, there was a commando running around with no active cell despite me spamming operations chat an annoying amount that he didn't. That same war zone, we were only holding west. I asked why we had 2 defending a node which was not being attacked. The reply I received was "She is my pocket healer and has never done pvp before. She is sticking with me show she knows what to do." :eek: And, during a Hypergates there was a commando guarding the pylon. He was attacked, and I responded to fight off the attacker. Before I left the node, I asked him in ops chat if he used his CC breaker. I received no response, so I asked again, twice while I headed to mid. He was promptly CC capped on, after which he whispered me "next time send me a whisper because I'm not watching ops chat." /facepalm

And this, is why I usually end up guarding nodes while dps shadows and scoundrels fight with the attacking teams. Too many want to see numbers.

Yeah Its why I solo guarded many of nodes also. It was boring but at least I knew that we wouldn't lose because someone didn't call inc or got bored and left. I can't even play AHG anymore because of how many times I see 5-6 people rush to the pylon at start to cap, then when I die at mid cause we were shorthanded, I pull up the map and not a single person is still at pylon. For some reason it doesn't seem imps on the Bastion understand AHG.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by CommunityDroidEN
filter dodge

It's funny (and not funny "ha ha") how a person can load into a warzone and play the entire round and not give a single crap. It's mind boggling. I've played WAY to many games where pylons, nodes and doors are left unguarded. Where killing people is more important than scoring and where running blindly into a group of 5 enemy players by yourself seems like a good idea (not when you're stopping a cap either..).

I will say this, as I'm leveling my Scoundrel (almost 49) I am seeing a small group of better players that want to form premades, that want to communicate and most importantly; want to win. I'm just hoping that they make it all the way to 55 with me and don't bail on the game first...

Swijr

Well not many sorc or sage dps out there so most heal, scoundrel and op dps is a complete joke, only ever see dps from unicorns(I guess you all are behind the curve or something?). You still don't see many commando healers, as their dps spec is pretty solid now. That being said the RG dps commandos are the only ones that stick out.

Also healing in its current state helps bad players seem good, just how things are right now.

*Pokes head out* Unicorns only DPS? What.....Guess you haven't been on recently because my butt definitely still hurts from the day-to-day beating it takes as I attempt to heal Imperial Warzones. :rolleyes:

Racquelle, sorry...I always make sure you get focused if you are in my warzone. Actually, not sorry, I know you like it. :cool:

Sincerely,

Your local Vestia