PVP on this server

valkius

Haha. Right now we are battling Dune and Princess Bride.

They know about everything that is on reddit but when you say "I do not think that means what you think it means" or "the tooth!" ... Silence.

"I will bend like a reed in the wind"...

Swijr

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's happening both sides though. I qued up several times after my 4-person group called it a night, and there was a VS where we lost. I did just shy of 600k damage, yet we had 3 who didn't manage to break 100k.

We had a sent grouped with us today, he died 14 times, took around 300k damage and did a whopping total of 87k. Mind blowing to say the least.

Oh, sorry about the PD doubles today, must not have been many outside of us and LD queing up at the time.

Hey 87K is alot for a sentinel. I mean its hard swinging 2 lightsabers.

Jenna'syyde

On a related note, Watchmen were back at their ways tonight. Ran into Shin, Ladisupte, Zabusa and a couple others in lowbie Huttball. There was a little farming going on. Hope they hit 55 soon.

I heard the same thing. I got a little excited. Shin always gave me a run for my money.. interested to see now that healers are OP, what happens.. is it pre 1.2 again!?? ohhhyeahhhhhhhh

We have some midbies running lately... ill be on the merc this weekend working on her.. so Im sure we will run into each other. :)

This Post made me laugh so hard. The server is shifting to Imp control..... So laughable. I lost 12 straight matches in a row last night. The thing about Imp pvp is that yeah there might be more premades, but the OTHER 4 people in on the right side will change every match. You will see new Imp 55's everyday and everymatch. They will rarely listen when premades call out directions to them. If repub pvp is bad it is probably because the crappy imp players got tired of losing and swapped to their pub toons lol, but by no means is the server shifting control. When server transfers happens it will probably shift if certain Imp guilds stay, but won't know that till it happens. See you guys out there :confused: Edited by Ink-Blot

This Post made me laugh so hard. The server is shifting to Imp control..... So laughable. I lost 12 straight matches in a row last night. The thing about Imp pvp is that yeah there might be more premades, but the OTHER 4 people in on the right side will change every match. You will see new Imp 55's everyday and everymatch. They will rarely listen when premades call out directions to them. If repub pvp is bad it is probably because the crappy imp players got tired of losing and swapped to their pub toons lol, but by no means is the server shifting control. When server transfers happens it will probably shift if certain Imp guilds stay, but won't know that till it happens. See you guys out there :confused:

I can confirm this too. In two days (Thursday & Friday), I played 29 wz matches on my Sorc and the Imps only won one match. With the exception of a few Imp players, the rest were war heroes. However, I switched over to my Sage and completed my two separate daily missions (4/2) and completed them in 4 wzs. I'm far from being an elite or professional PvPer; however, I consider myself a competent player who is getting better at what I'm doing (Healing). There is a distinct difference in skill level, experience, and knowledge between the Pubs & Imps. Sadly, I won't be playing my Sorc anymore until my guild is ready to venture into PvP (normal & ranked) after we've completed our gearing quests in PvE.

The thing that upsets me the most, and I don't know if it's true for repubs, but Imps baddies don't even care that they are bad. I know if I get a decent 4 man we could and do win our fair share of warzones. With that said thought, Imp baddies just keep coming back in the same **** gear being bad day in and day out. I would want to learn how to play better or something. I have had only just a few people come up and ask our guilds for help with pvp. Most are like "Shut up I know what I am doing!" I would love to get the baddies together and show them how to play their classes, but that will never happen cause apparently to themselves they are not bad. I could just sit there and use auto attack in every warzone and out dps most of these people. It is just sad and a painful experience if you are imp. As I have no repub toons I have to live with this everyday, but I know this is the cost of staying true to imp side and must deal with it. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I lul'd :cool:

so...you're telling me there's still a chance! :rak_04:

VERY Small!!! I'm keeping hope alive. I have won only two matches this morning out of about 20. I just got told to leave a voidstar because I sat down and was talking to LD guys. I sat there for about two minutes and still had top dmg on my team. They told me to get out and that I was scrubbin.. I lol'd so hard. Very nice morning of pvp... Gotten so accustomed to losing that it doesn't even bother me. See you guys out there have fun! :cool:

I don't think that the statements saying there is a shift are saying Imps are dominant now. What I would say is that Reps aren't facerolling like we used to. It is streaky, but I've seen some pretty bad pugs Rep side lately.

I also should add, last night in some Imp v. Imp in the 30-54 bracket we had a VS where we made it to the 2nd set of doors on offense. During the intermission, someone said "Just let them cap so we end this." We were winning in kills and wouldn't have had any issues holding them off imo. Well, guess what, he and one other person did just let them cap. So the statement that people don't care holds with this example.

VERY Small!!! I'm keeping hope alive. I have won only two matches this morning out of about 20. I just got told to leave a voidstar because I sat down and was talking to LD guys. I sat there for about two minutes and still had top dmg on my team. They told me to get out and that I was scrubbin.. I lol'd so hard. Very nice morning of pvp... Gotten so accustomed to losing that it doesn't even bother me. See you guys out there have fun! :cool:

you can't triple stamp a double stamp! you can't triple stamp a double stamp!:eek:

I don't think that the statements saying there is a shift are saying Imps are dominant now. What I would say is that Reps aren't facerolling like we used to. It is streaky, but I've seen some pretty bad pugs Rep side lately.

I also should add, last night in some Imp v. Imp in the 30-54 bracket we had a VS where we made it to the 2nd set of doors on offense. During the intermission, someone said "Just let them cap so we end this." We were winning in kills and wouldn't have had any issues holding them off imo. Well, guess what, he and one other person did just let them cap. So the statement that people don't care holds with this example.

Lol ***

I just got told to leave a voidstar because I sat down and was talking to LD guys. I sat there for about two minutes and still had top dmg on my team. They told me to get out and that I was scrubbin.. I lol'd so hard.

I enjoyed our conversation <3

PvP here has turned into a special olympic reunion. I know there are still some solid people playing, but most of the pugs I have encountered have been horrible.

Just another example of awesomeness at play today. Whats that? You want to finish capping that pylon while the opponent is CC'd? Sorry, your teammate thinks that smuggling everyone is a better option so you can't finish the cap. True story, happened today in AH. Same warzone, we had one person over 115k damage (won't say who it was :rolleyes:) And somehow despite the ineptitude present we won.

So, do I deal with bad pugs here on JC or put up with the constant quitters on pot5 with my Merc? Such wonderful options.

Its pretty unbalanced right now, so many imperial premades. I dunno, I would not find it fun all day to rofl stomp group after group. but than again, i dunno what else could be done. just wish some imperials would actually made republics to even it out some. but that is wishful thinking.

Disclaimer:

My highest level toon is 35 and I only do WZ's a few times a week for the extra xp.

Disclaimer aside the only premade I've ever seen was a Republic premade. As others have said the issue is in skill and, well, common sense. Imperials have a better understanding of what needs to be done and a desire to win. Republic players appear, for the most part, to simply not care. They don't understand the WZ goals (node defend, ect) and just run around looking for Imps to kill.