The insane (double XP) plan to get everyone to 55 fast

Stoofa

Some of these solutions to avoiding 2XP seem very contorted to me. I think their ought to be a switch, but since there is not, the easiest solution is to just not play when 2XP is in effect. If yer addicted, go find a Datacron or something. Problem solved. Edited by MSchuyler

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my objection to the objection of double xp weekends. First, play something else, or play on a higher level character. Second, if your argument is "I don't want to out-level the content" well, nobody is forcing you to skip it. Go through everything like you normally would, and eventually the xp gains will even out to be the same.

Thus began the twinking in PvP and the rapid decline of PvP for the casual player. I am not opposed to an XP lock, as long as they do the same thing they did in World of Warcraft which is a separate instance for people with XP locks. Keeps them from abusing the system in order to farm honor (or whatever the PvP currency might be).

Correct me if i'm wrong, because i only play WZs every now and then and mainly for huttball, but isn't twinking impossible due to the bolster system?

This is not just a UI issue. I guarantee you its a database and design issue. The button on the UI is not the issue here. This is a design issue. It is most likely a lookup or variable in the database that is reported to the client. They set it 200% on bonus weekends (or something like that). Creating an option to turn it off now means modification to the client and server.

A modification that would take us two seconds to download.

Let me be clear. I love the double xp weekends. i'd love it if they are every weekend. I do not understand WHY people want to level slower, all i know is they do. If Bioware were to implement a slider or switch, they could satisfy multiple groups of players with one tiny patch that could be implemented during a server maintence.

Heck, it could be hotfixed to the server and the slider added to the website so that it doesn't require any downtime.

Can you not "run your Guardian up to 55" anyway? And once your Guardian is at 55, what will you do with him?

I am guessing this person likely spends more time on their main and ocassional alt. This way, it is a free and easy boost to finish leveling another 55. It's like WoW. When you already have 5 lvl 90s, you have to be ready for the fight of your life to want to push 5 more to 90. It was not until they reduced the amount of XP needed to get from 85-90 that people finally started leveling more alts. The double XP gain is alt friendly... and I would be happy to partake in it with a new alt.

All of your "debunking" is trumped by one thing: some people don't like fast leveling. Who are you to tell them otherwise? Obviously they are the ones asking for change so the burden is on them to get it implemented, but that does not somehow invalidate their desire to play the game the way they want.

Why can't those people just play their max level characters for the weekend? Or go outside if they don't have one?

Can you not "run your Guardian up to 55" anyway? And once your Guardian is at 55, what will you do with him?

I can of course but this will be my sixth 55 so levelling in class missions and wzs only is ideal to me.

Why can't those people just play their max level characters for the weekend? Or go outside if they don't have one?

If it were added as an option, how would that impact you in any way? You're saying "I don't want others to have an option I would never use." Why?

I can easily apply it here. A person who says I don't like leveling fast cannot validate their opinion. This is not a question on color. This is a question of fact versus opinion.

You need to look up "opinion" in terms of expressing a personal preference.

They can still have the opinion but I am perfectly happy with showing someone their opinion is wrong.

Then I can just as easily show you your opinion is wrong. Pick a topic ... wrong!

It would be nice if it were an "option" for people to toggle, but it will likely never be implemented as such. It would be like wanting to disable rested XP. I understand leveling moves quickly enough as it stands, and people should be allowed an option, but until it becomes a toggled option, maybe people opposing the DXPWs could open another thread to protest it and allow those who are looking forward to it a chance to post their enthusiastic opinions. Or, vice versa. Maybe we just need another "Yay - Double XP" thread, and leave this one to the "Make It An Option" picketers.

So you land on Makeb at 55. Then what's this planet needed for? Gear? No. Comms? Maybe, but then what are dailies for?

Conclusion: Double XP is just a big mess for some of us; brought by demand of tired gamers.

Edited by space_mechanic

So you land on Makeb at 55. Then what's this planet needed for? Gear? No. Comms? Maybe, but then what are dailies for?

Conclusion: Double XP is just a big mess for some of us; brought by demand of certain gamers.

No need to insult others to make your point. Corrected that for you.

Well looks like Bioware would make a fortune on -xp boosters to decrease levelling speed by 300% based on this posts consensus...

Good news :rak_05:

I know it may sound silly to some, but I do think that a consumable XP penalty item would actually have some appeal to some folks. This way those folks would not have to adjust their play to avoid the XP boost...or could enjoy content longer when they do not wish to level.

Considering the fact that they werent going to do them at all any more and they are only doing them because of the overwhelming requests to do so, i dont think this is their plan...

Thats actually not the way it works.

only the base game xp is doubled. The rest is added afterwards.

so you get this:

200% base game xp

25% From Cartel Market Xp boost

30% From legacy perks for space, WZ, FP, Exploration and story

5% From the guild bonus introduced in update 2.0

10% From the guild bonus introduced in update 2.2 ( up to a max of 10% )

Adding up to 270%

So did you just ignore the link with a quote from a BW employee that is in fact over 300% exp?

I don't get you, guys. Doing dailies is fine and leveling is boring grind? :eek:

I feel the exact opposite. I have 6 55's. I have many other lower alts I would like to get to 50, so I can start the gear grind for them and get them to 55. Honestly, once you hit about 47, the rewards in PVE quests seem to boost you along faster. I will only use the Double XP's for those alts of mine between 25 and 40 where it seems to grind even-though I enjoy the story.

If it were added as an option, how would that impact you in any way? You're saying "I don't want others to have an option I would never use." Why?

Don't put that on me. I'm ok with an option to turn it off. I'm talking to the people who don't want the weekends for anyone.

Why can't you just level up your character without extra XP boost?

Cause I already did that 5 times. I want it faster. I WANT a cartel unlock that makes the double XP permanent.

Edited by Caelrie

I played some during the last bonus xp and what it actually did was help get me ready for some of the higher planets such as voss and corellia. By the time I got there I was only a couple of levels higher but enough to help with some of the mobs there.