The insane (double XP) plan to get everyone to 55 fast

Stoofa

I swear I don't understand why people DON'T like Double EXP weekends. I personally took a day off work to play because I love them so much 4 day July 4th weekend here I come. I plan on bringing a baby Cathar up to level 50 at least and my level 21 Shadow tank. This means I don't have to do the boring planet quests and can basically pvp my way to 50. What's not to like?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not certain why most people are bothered by things like this. Seems like a very tiny detail to get so worked up about. I mean really, let's look at what a Double XP weekend does:

Doubles your XP, regardless of what you are doing.

If you don't want the double XP, but still feel like playing, roll a throw-away alt that you can play and delete later. Or, make that jump from 50 to 55. Something for free is hardly a bad thing or a World First Problem. PvP imbalance, paid server transfers, certain bugs and glitches preventing log in; these are issues worth being concerned over.

"I think leveling is too fast as it is and if I don't like it or want it, then NO ONE ELSE SHOULD!" is not. People need to take a chillaxative and realize it is just a game. Honestly, I would have to question the sanity or intelligence of someone who thinks an entire weekend of what is basically "rested XP" is a bad thing.

I don't really get the problem of leveling fast, it does not stop you from continuing doing the quests on each planet, just because you are a few levels above does not mean that you can't continue doing it. This game has actually one of the most brutal solo content, doing many of the quests at the level of the quest can at times be hard as nails, to be a few levels above makes it much more doable.

What game are you playing again? Hard as nails? Most content is so easy you can solo or 2 man the 4+ Heroics.

Your theory may not be far off. But I think it's more to push people to 50 and get stuck without much to do so that they are inclined to buy the expansion. Being that will happen between late June through July, then most of those folks will hit 55 and be ready for the "big" August PvE patch followed by the Octoberish PvP patch. That should then tide everyone over a few months until hopefully a full expansion is released next Spring.

I think this is the more "Correct" way to look at the double EXP weekends and why we have them.

this thread is proof people will complain about anything.

However, this is also true.

Remember, your level doesn't really determine your toon's combat skill, your mods do. If you are worried about out-leveling content and being too strong, then don't upgrade your mods. Problem solved.

The only thing that needs to happen is for EAWare to send out a global mail with the double xp clicky in the mail. The clicky should also have the same expiration/timer date as the xp bar, so you're limited to the weekend only.

If you choose to use it or not, that's up to you. Problem solved.

I think this is the more "Correct" way to look at the double EXP weekends and why we have them.

Considering the fact that they werent going to do them at all any more and they are only doing them because of the overwhelming requests to do so, i dont think this is their plan...

it'll be more like 340% with all the perks. Taken from Dulfy's

100% From Base game

25% From Cartel Market Xp boost

30% From legacy perks for space, WZ, FP, Exploration and story

5% From the guild bonus introduced in update 2.0

10% From the guild bonus introduced in update 2.2 ( up to a max of 10% )

Total : 170% xp doubled at 340%

I know i'll be leveling my lowbies :D

Thats actually not the way it works.

only the base game xp is doubled. The rest is added afterwards.

so you get this:

200% base game xp

25% From Cartel Market Xp boost

30% From legacy perks for space, WZ, FP, Exploration and story

5% From the guild bonus introduced in update 2.0

10% From the guild bonus introduced in update 2.2 ( up to a max of 10% )

Adding up to 270%

Remember, your level doesn't really determine your toon's combat skill, your mods do. If you are worried about out-leveling content and being too strong, then don't upgrade your mods. Problem solved.

Heh, yeah, last 2xp weekend i forgot to upgrade my mods and suddenly found i was getting killed by mobs very easily :p

Considering the fact that they werent going to do them at all any more and they are only doing them because of the overwhelming requests to do so, i dont think this is their plan...

SNIP....

Yea, I disagree. It's not like a game designer has ever told the public one thing and done another. I think it's good marketing.

Tell the crowd they may not be doing them again, only to say late, "Since everyone wanted "X" we will be bring it back!"

It looks good to the gamers as if the dev's are listening and what - not. It's just good marketing and the plus side is getting people to the stop point of content so they get interested in spending a little extra cash for more content.

I remain neutral on DXPWs. I am glad that it will help me to skip Makeb on my pro-Republic Huntress (which would feel odd on Makeb, from what I keep hearing, so just to get that lvl 55 hunter acihvement), and probably skip much of Balmorra on one of my two low level imps...

But I understand that some people might dislike it...

Thats actually not the way it works.

only the base game xp is doubled. The rest is added afterwards.

so you get this:

200% base game xp

Adding up to 270%

Actually 99%sure everything doubles. Just like in the Dulfy guide and due yo the fact that ships that gave me 7xp for each kill last time were giving me 21xp = 300%+

Im on my phone so I had to clip your quote. Forums are not that mobile friendly!

I really do not like double xp weekends. Nothing else about the game has ever bothered me that I can remember, but double xp is so bad that I am suddenly looking forward to my subscription expiring before double xp starts. If swtor wants to do double xp again and people love it, great, but I for one refuse to log in if double xp is going on. The only acceptable answer for me is to allow the players that do not want to be a part of this the option to opt out or to allow players to toggle all xp gains for a while. That should not be hard to do.

Looking forward to 2XP. Can finally get around to leveling some alts/mirrors without feeling like I'm on x planet for freaking ever. Let's face it, low/mid zones are only interesting the first x times through, and Makeb is cool at first but after the novelty's worn off you kinda just wanna go 50-55 asap.

I think it's great. I have no interest in the story aspect of this game, in fact the only story I have finished is my Commando all the others I have only advanced far enough to get their buff. So yes it is a race to end game for me because that's what I like to play is the end game PvP.

And for anyone else all it really does is make it so you can play the story only and not all the inane side quests that you have done a million times.

Forgive me if I'm blind, but where was it announced that there will be more Double XP weekends? Is this official? And if so can you point me to where this was announced?

Thx

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/2.2-operation-nightmare?utm_source=%28not_set%29&utm_medium=crm&utm_campaign=sor_bwa-crm-t-en-JuneHigh-001&sourceid=sor_bwa-crm-t-en-JuneHigh-001

DOUBLE XP WEEKENDS ARE BACK

Earn Double XP and Legacy XP during the following weekends in June and July:

June 21, 2013 to June 24, 2013

June 28, 2013 to July 1, 2013

July 4, 2013 to July 8, 2013

Achieve even faster gains with XP Boosts, which also double and are available in the Cartel Market! (Double XP Weekends in June begin Fridays at 1:00PM CDT / 6:00PM GMT and end Mondays at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT. Last Double XP Weekend begins Thursday at 6:00AM CDT / 11:00AM GMT and ends Monday at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT.)

Yeah I find double XP weekends annoying, I get undergeared real quick.

I usually do 2 things in those weekends.

1) rack up credits on 55'd toons, or

2) there's this thing that people do, specially on a weekend, is called going out.. fresh air and all sort of wonders are lying in wait out there :D

Well, I disagree. I think that it takes entirely too long to level a character as it is.

Then again, perhaps my argument isn't against the duration, but against the annoying side-quests. I am very interested in my class story. However, when I have to do all of the side-quests, it creates a large amount of time between tidbits of my class story. It would be like watching a movie that consisted of 5% movie and 95% commercials - I wouldn't bother because by the time I get back to an actual movie scene, I may forget many of the details as to what was going on with the actual movie!

So, how does double XP help me? I can skip most of the side quests and thereby have less informational noise filling my head and distracting me from what is going on with my class quest. As of late, I have begun leveling characters exclusively through pvp and then going back to a planet and doing only the class quests. However, this leveling process is even slower than via PVE.

If the leveling process were much faster and I only had to do the class quests, I would definitely play characters all over again for a unique perspective - making different choices. I played through KOTOR at least 20 times because of this, KOTOR II at least 10 times. But as it is, I don't want to spend the rest of my life trying to accomplish this. I'm not going to bother.

I do think that it would be a good idea to include a double XP toggle switch so that players who enjoy the journey more than the destination are not forced into turbo mode.