Make quest phased areas use-able.

Mangaboy

Right, when you guys announced SWTOR, what did you promote? Oh yeah.. ROLE PLAY! So please, help your Role Playing community along. One very very very simple alteration could be done to enhance the world for Roleplayers.

Idea:

Areas which are class quest, or even world quest phases, but not repeatable quests, can be accessed after the quest is done. BUT, it does not have -ANY- NPCs inside of it.

If the zone is not part of the character's class, they can still access it, but it wouldn't be in storyline phases.

This would mean RP guilds or even cross guild groups can enter private phases and use them as bases, or even a storyline thing within their guild. (Like attacking a base, but using dice systems to battle non-existent mobs). And that separate groups can use the same area for different things.

Edited by Mangaboy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would strongly approve of this if this was implemented, leading my Role playing guild upon the EU Progenitor, as a part of a larger organization and community, as well as easy access, so if we want to do something on let's say Hoth, we don't have to make sure to instantly kill mobs that might respawn in our vicinity to make sure low levels wont get killed.

Of course, this would also be much appreciated, if we are not limited to small groups to be able to enter said areas.

Edited by Ransagast
Missed some content

Please please make those areas available to all. Game world would become biger.

Now more and more rooms or areas get instanced. Taking away from roleplayers our last rp oasis:(

For example Sith sanctum two rooms, got instanced after Makeb release. :( * sad sigh*

Edited by Ion-Silental

I can but approve this as well. Opening such areas for ops-sized groups would bring in a lot of possibilities for roleplay; all it really takes is emptying the area of NPCs and stopping any scripts. Throw in a selectable option by right-clicking the leader's portrait, defining the instance as "empty" or "RP", add in a "select instance" for the few who happen to have an active quest there, and there you go. And it would be much appreciated :)

Please please make those areas available to all. Game world would become biger.

Now more and more rooms or areas get instanced. Taking away from roleplayers our last rp oasis:(

For example Sith sanctum two rooms, got instanced after Makeb release. :( * sad sigh*

Couldn't agree more with this. I personally use Lord Grathan's Estate as my player home, but guess what? I can't enter the master's quarters because they're part of the Sith Warrior phase. Furthermore, I can't skip that quest to keep the area open as I've done with the Revan's mask quest, because I need to complete it in order to get my spaceship...

I mean, personally as a roleplayer I don't really get hyped over new hard mod operations. I get hyped over better customization and player choice. Openning those instance areas would get you very popular with your entire roleplaying community, and you've been asked about this from the first Guild Con.

Edited by Inzuher

YES YES YES YES YES!!!

It makes all the sense in the world! A lot of these spaces are the most detailed sets in the entire game. The devs put a lot of work into these areas, but then after the quest is done, we can't go back and use these spaces!? Why put so much work into something and then bar people from enjoying it again? Come on. This seems like it would be such an easy thing to do because you don't have to actually create any new content. Just let us role-players reuse the spaces that you've already put into the game. Of course, I always hesitate to say that anything "would be easy to do" because I don't know how it all works under the hood. But still... (speaking of hoods ;) ) this would be a god-send to roleplayers.

Another thing that would be amazing (but most likely harder to implement) is to add a solution to the phased planets problem. Right now the story is in Chapter 4 with rise of the Hutt Cartel. But if, for example, I fly my Trooper ship back to Taris, I'm going back in time to Chapter 1. Why not create an additional instance for each of the phased planets that persists with the current chapter? It could work similarly to how when I click on the fast-travel terminal in front of my hanger, I receive a pop-up asking me whether I want to go on my ship or a number of other destinations. So how about once a player completes the story up through the current chapter, they unlock the option to return to other phased planets in the current chapter. For example, if my level 55 trooper tried to land on Taris, they would get a pop-up asking to choose between Chapter 1 Taris or Chapter 4 Taris. The updated Chapter 4 planets would open up the doors for countless RolePlay scenarios as well as amazing World-PvP possibilities. I'd personally love to see some MOBA-style areas where armies of NPC's actually fight instead of small groups just shooting at each-other indefinitely to no effect. But that's another thing. The important thing would be to let role-players use these chapter 4 planets as the blank canvases for their RP. Maybe have areas with special terminals that allow someone to play the role of a dungeon-master and set up encounters for their group to face.

SWTOR is a great theme-park MMO, but roleplayers thrive in the sandbox. Opening up the world with smaller things like letting us use past instances or adding persistant versions of the planets for people to unlock by completing the story, things like that would be a dream come true for us.

As someone who tries very hard to find suitable places for RP events, having open instances would greatly increase the possible locations for amazing events. Currently most of most beautiful, impactful, and epic locations in the game are blocked off, which discourages RPers from venturing out into the spectacular open world of SWTOR and instead confines us to smaller spaces. More free roam would only help the community.

I realize that this would probably take a lot of work on part of the SWTOR staff. And that there are undoubtedly more pressing issues at the moment. But It would be awesome if y'all would keep this in mind. RPers love Star Wars, and we love, more than anything, the world that has been created for SWTOR. We appreciate the beautiful landscapes of the artists who created the game, we only wish we could experience them more than once. :)

Another thing that would be amazing (but most likely harder to implement) is to add a solution to the phased planets problem. Right now the story is in Chapter 4 with rise of the Hutt Cartel. But if, for example, I fly my Trooper ship back to Taris, I'm going back in time to Chapter 1. Why not create an additional instance for each of the phased planets that persists with the current chapter? It could work similarly to how when I click on the fast-travel terminal in front of my hanger, I receive a pop-up asking me whether I want to go on my ship or a number of other destinations. So how about once a player completes the story up through the current chapter, they unlock the option to return to other phased planets in the current chapter. For example, if my level 55 trooper tried to land on Taris, they would get a pop-up asking to choose between Chapter 1 Taris or Chapter 4 Taris. The updated Chapter 4 planets would open up the doors for countless RolePlay scenarios as well as amazing World-PvP possibilities. I'd personally love to see some MOBA-style areas where armies of NPC's actually fight instead of small groups just shooting at each-other indefinitely to no effect. But that's another thing. The important thing would be to let role-players use these chapter 4 planets as the blank canvases for their RP. Maybe have areas with special terminals that allow someone to play the role of a dungeon-master and set up encounters for their group to face..

Maybe it's possible, but one step at a time. Let's focus on priorities which are relatively easier to do than other things.

Ah. Good to see other people that think this is a good idea!

Some guildies and I were discussing this a while ago, talking about how awesome it would be to be able to use some of the amazing phases this game has in it (I personally LOVE the area underneath House Thul on Alderaan), and the discussion branched into a few other things that we'd love to see added in game, such as a quest-builder system or storyteller features that would allow us to place our own NPCs within the game-world (Similarly to how SWG handled it).

As far as the open-instances are concerned, I'd personally enjoy seeing some customization added in, what with placing different objects such as cover points or sittable furniture.

Alas, those are all topics for the future, as it's been said; "One step at a time". :D

Edited by Hirotashi

I strongly support this request. With the new content, even the last bits of unphased office-like places in Kaas City (for example) have been blocked, and people pile up in the same places or have to meet in the middle of nowhere - or on planets too dangerous for low-level guild members/roleplayers.

It would be a big improvement if "we weirdos" would HAVE RP-able places. Or phases accessible with more then just four people. Especially on an RP server, itS' really not funny to have no places that make sense to RP in. Sith meeting in the cantina? Intelliggence meetings in the jungle? Or perhaps Mandalorians in the wastes of Hoth? Please change that, dear Devs.

I've talked about this for an age, would be very happy to see this get put live as it would open up such a huge section of the game world to us. There's a lot of awesome areas that are hidden behind giant red forcefields.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.