Petition on cc break resetting

Prodiigy

Let's try this a different way. Bioware it's time to show us you pay attention to the community as u claim to do. Don't reset the cc break upon death the fact you claim its a minor tweak means you have not fully thought this out. All you need to do is rollback pre1.4 when you messed with resolve system. This doesn't fix you being stunned 4 times and still not full resolve. Sign if you agree.

/ sign

Best of luck.

People have raised their voices and concerns before, in masses, and Bioware has still gone through with their incredibly stupid decisions. If they've never listened to feedback in the past, then why start now?

If BioWare would had listen to all stupid **** that comes out from all trolls on forums like this one, we would not even have Star Wars anymore. BUT, the CC Breaker Reset On Death will change the gameplay for sure, but how and how much? Instead of saying this update is bulls* you should all have arguments saying WHY. And also WHAT will be so bad? OP got no more than around 50 words to explain CC Breaker Reset On Death will be bad..

The only thing I can think of is that it will be EVEN HARDER to cap grass and snow on Civil War, otherwise..meh..

If BioWare would had listen to all stupid **** that comes out from all trolls on forums like this one, we would not even have Star Wars anymore. BUT, the CC Breaker Reset On Death will change the gameplay for sure, but how and how much? Instead of saying this update is bulls* you should all have arguments saying WHY. And also WHAT will be so bad? OP got no more than around 50 words to explain CC Breaker Reset On Death will be bad..

The only thing I can think of is that it will be EVEN HARDER to cap grass and snow on Civil War, otherwise..meh..

Think voidstar. Getting past the first door would become impossible.

removed wrong thread :p

Obviously you don't pvp so why u are posting in a pvp thread is beyond me and of course i know it's on PTS to come out in June the purpose of thread is to bring awareness it's a bad idea if you think voidstars end in stalemates now wait till 2.2.

People still die with there cc breaker and people will still need to have proper timing on when to use it. I guess i just don't see what the crying is about. I guess your a fan of StunWars.

As the game is right now, its already nearly impossible to capture the side nodes once they're taken. This game is pushing for a required full team cooperation in order to focus anyone down now thx to overpowered heals. Would that be worse with cc breaker resetting, maybe, but you still gotta kill the healers anyway, and it always takes to long at the side nodes on ACW.

In my opinion, the only people affected are the pre-mades that rely on stuns to win. Might need to change tactics. Would mean no more outrunning the team on voidstar. Might just have to time the ticks on the door instead.

Yes, there might be downside to the cc breaker resetting, but there is also the upside of more time on target, and thats what i'm looking forward to. I'm not a fan of stunwars, but i am a fan of starwars, just wish they were different games.

Idk if i misread it or not but in CW the side node speeders become unusable once capping has commenced. Cc breaker reset would make no difference if u can't fly down to stop cap

In ACW, all you would have to do is aoe the node, and a fresh batch of CC-proof troops are ready to be delivered.

This is a game breaking change because there is no way you can make voidstar work. Increasing the door timer will heavily favor 4 man groups with specific compositions, namely Assassins/stealthers. You can use this to your advantage to have 2 stealthers keep 5 people busy in Novare by timing deaths or using /stuck (stealthers with a CC break are rediculous).

Huttball is the only warzone where this can even remotely work.

People still die with there cc breaker and people will still need to have proper timing on when to use it. I guess i just don't see what the crying is about. I guess your a fan of StunWars.

As the game is right now, its already nearly impossible to capture the side nodes once they're taken. This game is pushing for a required full team cooperation in order to focus anyone down now thx to overpowered heals. Would that be worse with cc breaker resetting, maybe, but you still gotta kill the healers anyway, and it always takes to long at the side nodes on ACW.

In my opinion, the only people affected are the pre-mades that rely on stuns to win. Might need to change tactics. Would mean no more outrunning the team on voidstar. Might just have to time the ticks on the door instead.

Yes, there might be downside to the cc breaker resetting, but there is also the upside of more time on target, and thats what i'm looking forward to. I'm not a fan of stunwars, but i am a fan of starwars, just wish they were different games.

Seems to me judging by your post, you're just one of the DPS-derpers who do little to contribute to a teams success in objective based warzones.

Edited by Yeochins

BIOWARE: THE CC BREAK CHANGE IS A HUGE MISTAKE!!!! REMOVE IT!!! PLEASE DON'T LET THIS CHANGE GO LIVE!!!

In RWZ, resetting the CC break will cause:

1. caps on the side nodes on Civil War to be significantly more difficult. There is already a problem in competitive ranked warzones where Civil War victories and losses are largely decided by who caps the grass/snow node first (so the first minute of play), since mid is usually a turtle fight. By resetting the CC break, you make counter-caps on the side nodes very hard, which makes this problem even worse

2. caps on the first door in Voidstar to be significantly more difficult. Already voidstar is ridiculous because teams can field respec to tank/heal spec and be almost impossible to kill. IF (and that is a big IF) we manage to actually wipe the team with enough time to cap, we rely on using CC on the door.

I know you guys are trying to fix resolve problems but this is the WRONG way to do it.

Personally, I don't see much of a problem with the current resolve system. Players who complain about being hard stunned for 8 seconds without a CC break are the ones who can't position their characters correctly and blindly run into a large group of enemies. Their teammates do not know how to peel them correctly. They deserve to get stunned; they deserve to die.

Bioware, listen to your community. We know what we are talking about.

Seems to me judging by your post, you're just one of the DPS-derpers who do little to contribute to a teams success in objective based warzones.

Your right, i am a dps, but not so much the derper part. I'm a shadow, who actively contributes in anyway i can. I already expect to double sap when an ally is capping, that wouldn't change.

I dont feel strongly either way, as you do. I just know that bioware doesn't care what we think, and they seem to implement crappy updates that just seem to make things worse. I"m just trying to see the upside to this, as narrow of a view as it is

Resolve system is excellent, best cc diminishing return mechanic in a MMO and i have played a bunch. If you die under 4 successive stun, it took too long 2, should be enough unles you are a tank spe tank stuffed as a tank with cc up and someone healing you.

If you die in under 8 seconds it is because people around you don't heal and don't guard you, or because you are a lone glass cannon vs 2 dps. Working as intended.

cc are long enough that some people can get killed before they can play, that is because their stun breaker is not up, otherwise you can break one and activate your antispike ability which is going to lead you into the third stun which is going to be shorter, or merely a mez, which means you will be awake soon, and you ll be able to sprint out, AE mez/ vanish insert relevant ability of your choice.

If you tried your luck attacking a node that looked undefended with your CDs down, well you "TRIED YOUR LUCK" it involves bad luck sometimes and being induced into a "Fubar" fight. better luck next time you can't always win the pot when you go all in.

CCs are in my very humble opinion very well balanced in this game, and they all share the same pool for diminishing returns, that resolve system is an excellent mechanism, stop behaving like spoiled child and bashing that games PvP it is extremely decent.

For me the constant CC that my melee characters get hit with is a game breaker. I've been taking some time off lately, tried a wz a couple nights ago and noticed that there's nothing remotely fun about getting stunned/mezzed over 20x (combat log verified) every wz. Nevermind the snares, roots and knockbacks which are also epidemics. The only time I get full resolve is when I'm carrying the ball and I have healers on me or when I play dancing games at a node vs an invisible opponent that uses mezz a lot in which case, even if I see the guy while he's scampering off invisibly, I can't break-and-attack him until my resolve bar fills or he will mezz me again and cap or cleanse/stealth again. Combined with the current healing/damage dynamic, the complete silence from devs on both issues (heals and cc) and the promise that there won't be any significant changes until late summer or later, I think now is a really good time to use words like: "Adios". Resetting the cc-breaker's timer on death is a babystep in the right direction but with death becoming a rare event for teams with a hope of winning many wzs lately, it's hardly a noticeable change (and it's irrelevant in world pvp which btw heavily favors characters with a mix of pve and pvp gear right now). Edited by Savej

Let's try this a different way. Bioware it's time to show us you pay attention to the community as u claim to do. Don't reset the cc break upon death the fact you claim its a minor tweak means you have not fully thought this out. All you need to do is rollback pre1.4 when you messed with resolve system. This doesn't fix you being stunned 4 times and still not full resolve. Sign if you agree.

/ sign

They pay attention to us.

Every day has a topic "so much stuns, stunfest, stunwars, stunlock"...

Bioware can't just remove stuns, because will impact huge in PVE.

They don't know how to fix resolve, I dunno if they're dumb or is it so hard.

What I know is that pvp whinners don't know what they want, are amazing hypocrites.

They pay attention to us.

Every day has a topic "so much stuns, stunfest, stunwars, stunlock"...

Bioware can't just remove stuns, because will impact huge in PVE.

They don't know how to fix resolve, I dunno if they're dumb or is it so hard.

What I know is that pvp whinners don't know what they want, are amazing hypocrites.

They can fix stuns without touching pve (where stuns really don't matter much anyways but nevermind that) - make mezzes pve only and/or make resolve fill much more often/easily, etc.. There are so many ways to fix it but we haven't seen an attempt since 1.4. Just before 1.4 a dev admitted that there was too much cc and in the patch to address it they introduced us to bubblestun and a resolve that filled much more slowly.

There are different opinions on any particular topic, not just amongst pvpers but yes you will find at least 5 different and entrenched opinions on any single pvp subject including this one. But I know exactly what I personally want; there's no confusion or "hypocracy". I know I won't get exactly what I want but it seems like there's been no effort made nor much communication more than "2.4 will see something significant for pvpers".

I like the idea of cc break cd reset on death...

but not as much as having a full resolve bar granting a different on use cc-break or temp immunity on your next respawn - similar, but only "resetting" if you were white-barred b4

DPS will be much less valuable in ranked. cuz this game needed even more defensive minded PvP.....

i think it might function more as a "normalizing" force - benefiting the team dying at a faster rate - attackers or defenders

though this will not work with the side speeders in civil war... especially in ranked

I'm curious as to why you think dps will be less valuable - wouldn't this make them harder to lock down? the exception would be when you are turtle'ing your nodes, at which point dps are already pretty much useless.

Lastly, i hope it makes the use of cc more cautious - instead of cc being used almost on cd in nrwz's

/ sign

/signed