Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

What number am I thinking of? Don't tell me what I like/don't like when there's no possible way for you to know. I'm realistic, not negative. I do PvP - did 8 wz's yesterday as well as a S&V and a courtyard thingy on Makeb. Would you like to know what I had for lunch?

Yes I would like to know what you had for lunch. I'm hungry and trying to decide what to have.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An apple, a banana and, for the 1st time in like 2 months, a Milkyway >.<

Hmmm, that doesn't look like chinese food. Maybe I should get a summer sausage, since this is the Summer of SWToR thread. Maybe that would go well with the thread.

Thanks (it's my guild) :) Oh and we do pvp too. I must agree with the consensus that new pvp content is missed at the moment. That said I do enjoy all the hard work that has gone into it lately too.

Holy crap that is an epic PvE guild name! Guess we should stop trying to make funny guild names now, because nobody is going to top that one. :cool:

What number am I thinking of? Don't tell me what I like/don't like when there's no possible way for you to know. I'm realistic, not negative. I do PvP - did 8 wz's yesterday as well as a S&V and a courtyard thingy on Makeb. Would you like to know what I had for lunch?

Call it what you want, point is you over exaggerate everything.

Call it what you want, point is you over exaggerate everything.

That's incorrect. I post as much with fact as I possibly can. Care to give me a few examples? I take great pride in not embellishing facts.

That's incorrect. I post as much with fact as I possibly can. Care to give me a few examples? I take great pride in not embellishing facts.

I'll give you one.

As soon as you start saying stuff like "most pvp'ers" you are not being factual. Facts are based on real numbers and I would challenge you to give some real numbers that prove that it is indeed most pvp'ers. Not holding my breath here...

And yes you have said stuff like that.

I'll give you one.

As soon as you start saying stuff like "most pvp'ers" you are not being factual. Facts are based on real numbers and I would challenge you to give some real numbers that prove that it is indeed most pvp'ers. Not holding my breath here...

And yes you have said stuff like that.

It's the internet. People don't have to say... "in my opinion" every time they post their opinion, it's implied.

Besides "most pvp'ers" is not factual. 72.5% of pvp'ers, that would be factual.

Double besides... the only people who can give exact metrics of anything related to TOR are EA/Bioware and since any information they release will have been filtered through the PR and legal departments, it's about as "factual" as facts on Clean Coal, from the Clean Coal Institute, funded by the Coal Industry. Hint: It's not clean.

Hi Warforever!

We are listening and do care. For what it’s worth I’m a PvPer too. PvP is one of our priorities and we are not going to do away with it. I’m not a big believer in making excuses, and can understand why it might feel like we are not focused on PvP, but here’s a bit of an explanation why the next big PvP update is several months out:

PvP and Class Balance are the same team of guys. It makes sense that the designers working on one also work on the other. This means that raising the level cap to 55 for Rise of the Hutt Cartel last month and redoing all the talent trees for all classes and extending the PvP game to level 55 and redoing the PvP gear for Rise of the Hutt Cartel has kept them busy. In fact, it took a heroic effort on their part to accomplish all this. This team plays PvP every day and share your and my passion for it. Now that Rise of the Hutt Cartel is behind them they don’t want to just service PvP by adding another warzone to the rotation, they want to address PvP with a meaningful update. We’ve given them the go ahead to do this and that’s why the big PvP features are several months out.

Please all I ask out of this PvP update is you allow us to queue cross server (Hell I'll take it in any update.) As someone who plays late at night getting a queue is nearly impossible or takes forever.

Hi Warforever!

We are listening and do care. For what it’s worth I’m a PvPer too. PvP is one of our priorities and we are not going to do away with it. I’m not a big believer in making excuses, and can understand why it might feel like we are not focused on PvP, but here’s a bit of an explanation why the next big PvP update is several months out:

PvP and Class Balance are the same team of guys. It makes sense that the designers working on one also work on the other. This means that raising the level cap to 55 for Rise of the Hutt Cartel last month and redoing all the talent trees for all classes and extending the PvP game to level 55 and redoing the PvP gear for Rise of the Hutt Cartel has kept them busy. In fact, it took a heroic effort on their part to accomplish all this. This team plays PvP every day and share your and my passion for it. Now that Rise of the Hutt Cartel is behind them they don’t want to just service PvP by adding another warzone to the rotation, they want to address PvP with a meaningful update. We’ve given them the go ahead to do this and that’s why the big PvP features are several months out.

Thanks for the reply!! I am excited that the DEVs are taking their time to improve PvP. I just wish it would come sooner. But again, thanks!! Still love the game.:)

PvP and Class Balance are the same team of guys. It makes sense that the designers working on one also work on the other.

So the pvp developers are the ones who also do class balance?

So this means that they don't have much perspective on the classes balance in pve?

Or do the pve developers have a say in class balance as well.

So this means that they don't have much perspective on the classes balance in pve?

I had the same thoughts.

PvP and PvE are two different beasts. Balancing for PvP often makes PvE worse, and vice versa.

Hi Warforever! PvP and Class Balance are the same team of guys. It makes sense that the designers working on one also work on the other. This means that raising the level cap to 55 for Rise of the Hutt Cartel last month and redoing all the talent trees for all classes and extending the PvP game to level 55 and redoing the PvP gear for Rise of the Hutt Cartel has kept them busy. In fact, it took a heroic effort on their part to accomplish all this.

Heroic? if was heroic then they are a very small team. We had to wait tons of months for a class balance and what we got? just minor tweaks and ONE NEW skill for each class being an expansion pack. Sorry but was very disappointing if you ask me. And about PvP, a Bolster which even being a good idea, was totally broken.

Agamantelo told us about reworking Ilum when was closed a year ago and what we got after many months? a crappy recurrent event released last Feb.

Sorry but your customers are starting to need proofs, not just emplty words. And the time is running fast im afraid. Like i said, is raining over wet ground.

Edited by Nyaara

This team plays PvP every day and share your and my passion for it. Now that Rise of the Hutt Cartel is behind them they don’t want to just service PvP by adding another warzone to the rotation, they want to address PvP with a meaningful update.

Why not service it?

I think 99% of your PvP community would have been completely satisfied with a reskinned Hutball or really a reskin of any of the current game modes to tide them over for the next 4-5 months that we will be waiting.

It seems like the majority of any reskin would have been performed by the art department anyway (unless of course PvP has their own art crew).

I appreciate the reply. But the sentiment is that you guys don't want to do anything until you can do this massive PvP update. When I think by the response, the PvP community actually thinks the opposite and wouldn't have minded the wait if you had of thrown us even a tiny bone.

Getting one update in 18 months sucks, dood. It sucks.

Why not service it?

I thought the same thing.....Anything is better than nothing.

It appears like WZ's are not considered a signifigant update internally....but BW sure has been acting like it's a real pain the rear to make a new one.

So which is it?

Last year when BW was in a deep dark restructuring hole, the CM & f2p were in development, they still managed to put out Novare Coast & Ancient Hypergate.

~ but this year when the game is actually making money, they can't put out a new WZ until August? That don't make Noooooo sense....

Here's a quick and very easy one that i thought of and posted in another link someone mentioned a few pages back.

Here's a scenario for huttball I just thought of that would take a few days to implement and change the game.

The team that gets scored on (rotworms) gets a second red ball at their spawn area. That second red ball if scored reduces the opposing team's score by 1. Everything else stays exactly the same! regular ball still spawns in mid etc etc. but mechanics will be totally different.

If red ball carrier is killed or misses pass, red ball goes back to spawn point, unless the regular ball is scored by rotworms themselves in the meantime then a frogdog killing red ball carrier will be able to steal it as they are the ones that got scored on and red ball spawn point goes to the frogdog side. simple.

That little addition would change the whole dynamic while affecting nothing else, and is quick work!

Considering that the balance in the game is exceptionally good and PvE, apart from animations, hasn't been affected that much, we should hope they keep doing what they are doing instead of making up something to whine about.

I mean, you didn't even know this before and NOW you're worried about it? If the guys were incompetent, there would have been more complaining about it. Seems to me you just jumped on the chance to be "concerned" about something to have an excuse to complain.

Considering that the balance in the game is exceptionally good and PvE, apart from animations, hasn't been affected that much, we should hope they keep doing what they are doing instead of making up something to whine about.

I mean, you didn't even know this before and NOW you're worried about it? If the guys were incompetent, there would have been more complaining about it. Seems to me you just jumped on the chance to be "concerned" about something to have an excuse to complain.

The pve balance in this game is not very good at all. Considering how all rdps classes are inferior to sniper / slinger, and all mdps classes are inferior to marauder / sentinel. PVE has been affected quite a bit, powertechs for example have gone from being one of the top dps, to close to the worst, assassins and operatives still have no real use in pve other than tanks and healer.

pve and pvp are two completely different things and each one will give different feedback on how a class should be balanced, the pvp team should not be the only people who have a say on class balance.

What game are you guys playing?

Seems to me every class can breeze through all PvE levelling content without any trouble at all. We are balanced to the point of being generic. The only difference I can see at all is that my DPS characters might actually have to use a medkit once in a while.

Shadow/Assasin are nearly immortal with a healing companion.

The pve balance in this game is not very good at all. Considering how all rdps classes are inferior to sniper / slinger, and all mdps classes are inferior to marauder / sentinel. PVE has been affected quite a bit, powertechs for example have gone from being one of the top dps, to close to the worst, assassins and operatives still have no real use in pve other than tanks and healer.

pve and pvp are two completely different things and each one will give different feedback on how a class should be balanced, the pvp team should not be the only people who have a say on class balance.

What game are you playing -- seriously?

EVERY DPS class is capable of putting out comparable numbers. In fact, the number gap has been constantly closing. And sniper is hardly OP -- or even outdoing most of the other DPS classes. Just 'easier' to play.

What game are you playing -- seriously?

EVERY DPS class is capable of putting out comparable numbers. In fact, the number gap has been constantly closing. And sniper is hardly OP -- or even outdoing most of the other DPS classes. Just 'easier' to play.

Heartily agree.